New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone got any recommendations for toys etc for the 9-12m age range? I'm sorting Christmas out and we're going very minimal, I've got a couple of ideas and we've already got things from when the eldest was a baby but just wondering if anyone has anything that was a mega hit at this age in case I've forgotten something really obvious!
We've bought the wooden climbing arch from Aldi & that's about it😅

Reactions: 2
Anyone got any recommendations for toys etc for the 9-12m age range? I'm sorting Christmas out and we're going very minimal, I've got a couple of ideas and we've already got things from when the eldest was a baby but just wondering if anyone has anything that was a mega hit at this age in case I've forgotten something really obvious!
Same sitch here. Plus his birthday. He plays with the hot wheels cars, but I can’t get him just them. Have you see. The linkimals? Going to get him a couple of these. It’s a shame I have a 6yo believer who would question why the baby hasn’t got much for Xmas, otherwise I’d have got him a couple of bits

Reactions: 1
Same sitch here. Plus his birthday. He plays with the hot wheels cars, but I can’t get him just them. Have you see. The linkimals? Going to get him a couple of these. It’s a shame I have a 6yo believer who would question why the baby hasn’t got much for Xmas, otherwise I’d have got him a couple of bits
This is exactly my dilemma - happy to not get her anything but the eldest is VERY into Xmas and would ask why Santa forgot the baby. I’m planning on getting her the dunelm bath toys i linked above, asking relatives to get her some happy land toys as she always makes a beeline for those at baby group. Then maybe some clothes too so it looks like she has more of a pile 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
This is exactly my dilemma - happy to not get her anything but the eldest is VERY into Xmas and would ask why Santa forgot the baby. I’m planning on getting her the dunelm bath toys i linked above, asking relatives to get her some happy land toys as she always makes a beeline for those at baby group. Then maybe some clothes too so it looks like she has more of a pile 🤦🏼‍♀️
Exactly the same here, I think for the eldest's first Christmas when she was 6 months she got some sensory balls and a print for her room and some cardboard boxes to play with.
Still going minimal for both of them but I think I'll have to make sure the baby has at least 3 presents from us and 1 from Santa otherwise she'll question why he doesn't!

So far my plans are some silicone stacking blocks and a stacking ball run thing.

A short story by Lantern after catching up.

You are all psychopaths.

The end.

NO BABIES FOR ME, I DO NOT VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE.
But....the little pudgy arms and rosy cheeks....pretty sure at this rate my baby fever is going to end up with us having 10 kids 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
We’ve asked for those electronic books you can get, a ball pit, a shape sorter (technical name?), a walker and my mums bought some big jigsaw type things. We’re just going to buy him clothes in 9-12 cause he doesn’t have any, it bulks it out, he’ll need clothes for nursery and he’ll be 9 months nearly he won’t have a clue!
We’re lucky that he’s our first in that way, we don’t have any other kids asking why he doesn’t have more

Exactly the same here, I think for the eldest's first Christmas when she was 6 months she got some sensory balls and a print for her room and some cardboard boxes to play with.
Still going minimal for both of them but I think I'll have to make sure the baby has at least 3 presents from us and 1 from Santa otherwise she'll question why he doesn't!

So far my plans are some silicone stacking blocks and a stacking ball run thing.
I like to get books of some sort ( bath, board, books for later...) and sometimes go for a theme’ eg bath book, baby body wash and shampoo, some bath toys and a bath towel/cape with a seasonally appropriate sleepsuit. I have a little niece due this month and already have presents for her until she is about 2 ( just clothing for some ages, but also a wide range of toys and essential items). Yes, she’s going to be extremely spoiled, but this is the first nibling I live close enough to see on a regular basis so every visit will probably involve me giving her a present!

Little lad has got two wooden cars and a set of wooden mini people from the Aldi toy sale, bought out of money from the in-laws.
And thats literally all I've picked up in the shops for his November birthday and Christmas. Mean mum. But he already has loads of toys and will soon be in childcare 4 days a week playing with stuff there.
I've put a bunch of other things on a wishlist to share with family to steer them towards things he'll get use out of, even if he's not quitre ready for them yet, as it'll be a long 11 months until his next gift haul and if I don't give pointers he'll only get things for *now* that will be too babyish by spring. I know my parents have got him some Duplo and Mega Block things which should hopefully last him ages.

We will spend what we would have spent for birthday/Christmas in the spring instead to get him outdoor toys, water table and bike etc. If we had an older that understood we'd have to buy them now so that they could be unwrapped and then have to store them all winter, so taking massive advantage of this baby being our first!

We had our first swimming lesson in the 1-2 class this morning and some of the kids had arm rings on and were swimming without being held, I feel a bit confronted with the hardh reality of the baby months slipping away. Wish I'd booked him into the 0-1 class for one last block now 😭 he has his birthday mid-block and the older class is at a better time but I'm not ready to accept the truth 😭

Morning ladies. I need to get a second car seat for my partners car because he will be using it more when I'm back to work in a few days. I want it to be rear-facing but don't really have the budget to get another 360 i-size so have been looking at the Joie baby stages. Does anyone know if it's any good, or have any other recommendations? Ideally I don't want to spend more than £150.

Thanks so much x
The graco turn2me is around £100-£120 when on offer. Think its around £150 normally.
My partners mum has this in their car for my partners nephew and they also have the Puggle Lockton 360 which they say is good too. That's currently on offer on Online4Baby for £107

Everleigh has this and she absolutely loves it. The tractor moves by itself and makes the animal sounds when you put them in the tractor. You can buy the tractor by itself and I'm sure there's a Noahs Ark type one too.
Although she has taken to sitting on the trailer part and getting annoyed when it doesn't move 😂

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
We have the sloth and penguin and he loves them and has done since he was about 6 months. He's 14 now x

We've bought the wooden climbing arch from Aldi & that's about it😅
I was looking at this, but chickened out because we are waiting to move house and would need the extra space to use it. If it's still in stock as soon as we exchange I might do it!!

The graco turn2me is around £100-£120 when on offer. Think its around £150 normally.
My partners mum has this in their car for my partners nephew and they also have the Puggle Lockton 360 which they say is good too. That's currently on offer on Online4Baby for £107
This is great thank you x

We have the sloth and penguin and he loves them and has done since he was about 6 months. He's 14 now x
Read this as he was 14yo and I was so confused as I thought they were a newish thing out 😂

Waiting for some sales. Hopefully get them cheapish x

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Re christmas - We have the fisher price piggy bank and it’s a BIG hit so would recommend for babies that like sorting things. Linkimals are also great, but I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, that sloths face is creepy as duck. I have to turn it around at night or I swear it’s watching me when I go in to settle her.
We’re getting her a soft play slide type thing, and I think she’s getting a play kitchen off the grandparents (Aldi, £34.99, bargain) and a toy hoover because she loves to follow us while we hoover, but we’ve mostly asked for experience day type things (eg zoo tickets) to stop the house being entirely overrun with colourful plastic 🙃

• Heart
  • Haha
Re christmas - We have the fisher price piggy bank and it’s a BIG hit so would recommend for babies that like sorting things. Linkimals are also great, but I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, that sloths face is creepy as duck. I have to turn it around at night or I swear it’s watching me when I go in to settle her.
We’re getting her a soft play slide type thing, and I think she’s getting a play kitchen off the grandparents (Aldi, £34.99, bargain) and a toy hoover because she loves to follow us while we hoover, but we’ve mostly asked for experience day type things (eg zoo tickets) to stop the house being entirely overrun with colourful plastic 🙃
Have you got a link to the soft play slide 👀 I think I need to get rid of the ball pit (much to Mr Bs delight, as he hates the fucker!!) and want to replace it with something else soft playey

ETA actually I’ve just googled. HOW MUCH 😂😂 he can stick to the ball pit of doom

• Haha
Have you got a link to the soft play slide 👀 I think I need to get rid of the ball pit (much to Mr Bs delight, as he hates the fucker!!) and want to replace it with something else soft playey

ETA actually I’ve just googled. HOW MUCH 😂😂 he can stick to the ball pit of doom
Hahaha I know, I’m lurking on Fb marketplace to see if one comes up 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
It’s my last term doing baby classes before I go back to work in the new year (cry), so thought I would try a new class and signed up to Baby Sensory because I’ve seen it mentioned on here by a few people. Did the first class today, just need to say wtf is that welcome song? I was just sat there wondering what kind of fresh hell I’ve signed myself up for. Baby T absolutely loved it though 🥺.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It’s my last term doing baby classes before I go back to work in the new year (cry), so thought I would try a new class and signed up to Baby Sensory because I’ve seen it mentioned on here by a few people. Did the first class today, just need to say wtf is that welcome song? I was just sat there wondering what kind of fresh hell I’ve signed myself up for. Baby T absolutely loved it though 🥺.
I sincerely hope you enjoyed saying hello to the corn 🌽 🤣

• Haha
Read this as he was 14yo and I was so confused as I thought they were a newish thing out 😂

Waiting for some sales. Hopefully get them cheapish x
🤣🤣🤣 My bad he's 14 months sorry! If he still liked them at 14 it would be the best buy ever!!!

• Haha
It gets in my head soooo bad 😂😂😂 say hellooooo to the corn 👋 I love the corn because the corn feeds me 🌽

• Haha
Reactions: 2
When did people go down to 1 nap a day? Baby elf is 10 months and naps great in the morning but he has refuses an afternoon nap for a week now...meaning by 4 he is so tired!! I've tired to push the morning nap to a lunch time nap but by 10 he's knackered and he needs a sleep.

We had a great routine going on and this week its all gone to pot 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.