New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got excited when I was just spotting when I was due on. Thought it was an implantation bleed. Then yesterdays maybe the day before I had the mother of all periods, and have resigned myself to the fact Mr Bs snip has worked as it should šŸ˜­

Someone have a word with me. 4/5 kids in this house is enough šŸ˜‚ (although one of them only visits every half term for a day, so maybe it is doable šŸ‘€)

Just say here looking at baby pics. Heā€™s ONE next month. Wtf?! I canā€™t even remember him being so little šŸ’”

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'll be honest, I'm 14 months in and I still dunno how to get them all out the house šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
The 9yo is my biggest helper when he's at school I literally wing it run and dump in thr pram or car as fast as I can and hope for the bestšŸ˜‚
All joking aside, I think I have mum imposter syndrome (is that even a thing) to go alongside work imposter syndrome. I donā€™t feel like a ā€œproperā€ mum and I feel like Iā€™ll be found out if I have two haha and people will realise I have no idea what Iā€™m doing. Pretty sure 99% of mums feel like that but honestly it terrifies me!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We are going to be one of those couples you see who falls pregnant 7 years after a vasectomy, when they are just about to start living their best lives šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Someone needs to have a baby so I can live vicariously through them because Mr TY says nošŸ˜‚

All joking aside, I think I have mum imposter syndrome (is that even a thing) to go alongside work imposter syndrome. I donā€™t feel like a ā€œproperā€ mum and I feel like Iā€™ll be found out if I have two haha and people will realise I have no idea what Iā€™m doing. Pretty sure 99% of mums feel like that but honestly it terrifies me!
No this has to be real because I genuinely don't feel like a mum of three šŸ˜‚
For years people thought I was the 9yos older sister, I've never felt like a "Mum" it's weird! I certainly don't feel like a "twin mum" I don't know how we make it through most days šŸ™ƒ

• Heart
  • Haha
I'm the exact same. I'm one of those mums who is so last minute, I feel so unorganised compared to everyone else šŸ™ƒ

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Someone needs to have a baby so I can live vicariously through them because Mr TY says nošŸ˜‚

No this has to be real because I genuinely don't feel like a mum of three šŸ˜‚
For years people thought I was the 9yos older sister, I've never felt like a "Mum" it's weird! I certainly don't feel like a "twin mum" I don't know how we make it through most days šŸ™ƒ
Haha itā€™s weird isnā€™t it, you live it everyday and yet it still feels a bit surreal šŸ˜‚

I'm starting natural cycles at the end of this month so I'll probably take one for the team and be pregnant by the end of the year (secretly hopingšŸ˜‚)

I joke, 3 kids has tipped me over the edge and at 24, i have a worrying amount of grey hairs

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'm the exact same. I'm one of those mums who is so last minute, I feel so unorganised compared to everyone else šŸ™ƒ
Hahaha I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever left the house with baby without having forgotten at least one thing if that makes you feel better šŸ˜‚

Co sleeping question for you all. The past few nights t2 has woken up around 3am and will only settle if sheā€™s being held. Iā€™m so exhausted atm Iā€™m just bringing her into bed with me.
I may be overthinking this as Iā€™ve never co slept with the babies before. What do you do with your duvet/pillow? Do you put babies head on the pillow?Iā€™ve been removing it and sleeping without which is not the comfiest. Same with the duvet but Iā€™m getting cold šŸ˜…,
Any tips or website recommendations would be greatly appreciated šŸ˜Š

And yes snoop Iā€™m so exhausted Iā€™m sleeping with a baby in the bed every night!
Iā€™ve been co sleeping from about 11pm for the past 3 months. Iā€™ve finally given in and accepted this is a permanent thing and purchased a bed guard from Amazon as our bed is so high and he rolls around so much in the night!

I sleep with the duvet on until he cries in his cot and comes into bed with me and then I swap it for a fluffy blanket which I wrap around me up to my waist and wear a jumper or hoodie on top. I put him lower than the pillow but also on the side of the bed there isnā€™t a pillow if that makes sense (Mr Daisy is in the spare room!)

Even typing that made me realise the effort we go to for these tiny humans. Man heā€™s cute but I miss sleeping the night under my thick duck feather duvet šŸ¤£ā¤

last night I could feel her little hand reaching out until she found my face, then she rolled herself right up to me for a cuddle šŸ„°
Not jealous at all. Little Wakaā€™s speciality Is headbutts šŸ˜‚ she reigns them down in the middle of the night when Iā€™m sleeping peacefully just to remind me whoā€™s in charge

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I can barely cope with one, how do you get more than one out the house. What order do you take them out the car and put them in the trolley/pram if youā€™re going shopping etc? I have so many questions questions and Iā€™m not prepared for #2, should it ever happen (this could be because #1 is a handful and requires at least three pairs of eyes at all times)
Sounds silly but you just do. I plan everything in advance, so I always know what shops I can fit the pram in, car parks with extra space etc. i do online food shop but occasionally go to sainsburys supermarket as they have double trolleys.

Thanks for all the replies about co sleeping (canā€™t quote them all).

you guys are the best šŸ„°

Sounds silly but you just do. I plan everything in advance, so I always know what shops I can fit the pram in, car parks with extra space etc. i do online food shop but occasionally go to sainsburys supermarket as they have double trolleys.

See @LilyRose1234 this is organised šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3

This is true. I guess I didnā€™t think I could cope with one and I have, and whilst I imagine two is doubly hard (at least!) you cope because you donā€™t have a choice šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

See @LilyRose1234 this is organised šŸ˜‚
Organisedā€¦what is that?

This is true. I guess I didnā€™t think I could cope with one and I have, and whilst I imagine two is doubly hard (at least!) you cope because you donā€™t have a choice šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Organisedā€¦what is that?
Been nearly 10 years (how do I have a 10year old next month btw?!) And I don't think I'll ever learn what the meaning of organised isšŸ˜‚

• Haha
Iā€™m new here! Finally graduated from pregnancy thread where I had a great time for 40 weeks ā¤ Baby slips arrived last night after a very long 2days but we are both doing fab despite it all šŸ« 
Congratulations šŸ„°

Co sleeping question for you all. The past few nights t2 has woken up around 3am and will only settle if sheā€™s being held. Iā€™m so exhausted atm Iā€™m just bringing her into bed with me.
I may be overthinking this as Iā€™ve never co slept with the babies before. What do you do with your duvet/pillow? Do you put babies head on the pillow?Iā€™ve been removing it and sleeping without which is not the comfiest. Same with the duvet but Iā€™m getting cold šŸ˜…,
Any tips or website recommendations would be greatly appreciated šŸ˜Š

And yes snoop Iā€™m so exhausted Iā€™m sleeping with a baby in the bed every night!
Not caught up so might be giving out same advice. I've been bed sharing since she was home from hospital, I've always put her on top of the duvet not near any pillows, she has her sleeping bag on and I'm under the duvet so everyone is toasty. She is old enough to be able to manoeuvre herself if she couldn't breathe though etc.lullaby trust have good resources to help also!

Not jealous at all. Little Wakaā€™s speciality Is headbutts šŸ˜‚ she reigns them down in the middle of the night when Iā€™m sleeping peacefully just to remind me whoā€™s in charge
Oh donā€™t let me fool you, Baby G is also partial to a smack in the face or a head butt amongst the tenderness šŸ˜‚

ETA - that makes it sound like I smack her in the face doesnā€™t itā€¦ I can confirm itā€™s her doing the smacking šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
@Nipslips Welcome! Enjoy your tiny newborn! They grow up so fast šŸ˜­ā™„

I said it to mrCat too recently, "how did they allow us to leave the hospital with a tiny human 1 year ago? I still don't know what I'm doing, that'll never change, will it? šŸ˜…"
We've just accepted it šŸ˜†

• Haha
  • Heart
I absolutely love (the artist formerly known as) Baby Waka šŸ’œ
Already looking forward to the mum of teenagers thread and her escapades.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.