New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A short story by Lantern after catching up.

You are all psychopaths.

The end.

NO BABIES FOR ME, I DO NOT VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I absolutely love (the artist formerly known as) Baby Waka 💜
Already looking forward to the mum of teenagers thread and her escapades.
Well, just an update for you, she’s woken up crying so had me and her dad comfort her, farted, got herself off the bed and gone to play in the living room. She’s a rascal 😂 can hear her shouting ‘ball’ at the tv as he has the Tottenham game on

For all you mummies with dairy free babes, I THINK I have just gotten to the bottom of the trapped wind and farting. The culprit is oat milk. She can’t have dairy or soya, no almond at nursery so since she turned one, I slowly replaced forumla with oat milk but didn’t make the link. x2 8oz a day is obviously too much for her, just something to bare in mind

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Good tip!
Possibly for MooStix - Oat Milk Drink Creamer - Vegan - Gluten Free - 9ml x170 - UHT Milk Stix - Single Serve Milk Sachets - Long Life Milk - Ideal For Tea & Coffee… https://amzn.eu/d/3iwrOYk
Possibly for me, 💨😳 I’m living off these at the mo as now I’m on unpaid leave I always make sure to get the free brew at baby groups
MooStix - Oat Milk Drink Creamer - Vegan - Gluten Free - 9ml x170 - UHT Milk Stix - Single Serve Milk Sachets - Long Life Milk - Ideal For Tea & Coffee… https://amzn.eu/d/3iwrOYk

I hope reducing/removing oat milk helps her tum and gives you a bit more peace. Although it does leave you a bit stuck for a milk at nursery. I guess there’s rice and coconut but they really don’t hit the spot. Actually pea milk is pretty good and has quite good protein/fats. Just need to watch as some are sneakily a pea/oat blend.
If you use the GreenJinn food voucher app there’s been some good very very reduced or free alt milks recently.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Has anyone got any words of advice about the umbilical cord? My third baby boy is 4 days old and I noticed his cord looked very yellow infected and stunk, I washed it but I got paranoid rang triage she said it’s unlikely to be infected and wasn’t very helpful .. I changed his nappy in the middle of the night the cords about to fall off but the belly buttons very gooey yellow little bloody & very smelly! Going to ring midwife when the day begins but anyone else had this? I googled it and started crying thinking the absolute worst and feeling the worst ☹

Has anyone got any words of advice about the umbilical cord? My third baby boy is 4 days old and I noticed his cord looked very yellow infected and stunk, I washed it but I got paranoid rang triage she said it’s unlikely to be infected and wasn’t very helpful .. I changed his nappy in the middle of the night the cords about to fall off but the belly buttons very gooey yellow little bloody & very smelly! Going to ring midwife when the day begins but anyone else had this? I googled it and started crying thinking the absolute worst and feeling the worst ☹
Yes they can get quite stinky! They need to dry out and then will eventually fall off. Sometimes there is pus which there was with my first born and we got shown how to put salt in the belly button to dry it out. I don’t recommend doing this without advice from a medical professional though as i don’t want to tell you the wrong thing!
I have also accidentally tugged it a few times and felt terrible but it was all fine :)

ETA sorry I didn’t see this was your third. But yeah I think some just get way more smelly than others at least I noticed that between my two kids

Reactions: 2
Good tip!
Possibly for MooStix - Oat Milk Drink Creamer - Vegan - Gluten Free - 9ml x170 - UHT Milk Stix - Single Serve Milk Sachets - Long Life Milk - Ideal For Tea & Coffee… https://amzn.eu/d/3iwrOYk
Possibly for me, 💨😳 I’m living off these at the mo as now I’m on unpaid leave I always make sure to get the free brew at baby groups
MooStix - Oat Milk Drink Creamer - Vegan - Gluten Free - 9ml x170 - UHT Milk Stix - Single Serve Milk Sachets - Long Life Milk - Ideal For Tea & Coffee… https://amzn.eu/d/3iwrOYk

I hope reducing/removing oat milk helps her tum and gives you a bit more peace. Although it does leave you a bit stuck for a milk at nursery. I guess there’s rice and coconut but they really don’t hit the spot. Actually pea milk is pretty good and has quite good protein/fats. Just need to watch as some are sneakily a pea/oat blend.
If you use the GreenJinn food voucher app there’s been some good very very reduced or free alt milks recently.
Thanks for that. Yeah, annoyingly I noticed the night she eats peas she had wind so she hasn’t had them for like 3 weeks. But once we have the oat under control maybe she can tolerate them again. I think if I do almond at home for cereals, formula for her x2 milk bottles a day she can tolerate the oat in her cereal at nursery?!? What a minefield!

Ahhhhh when is world book day 🫣
2nd March!

• Heart
Morning ladies. I need to get a second car seat for my partners car because he will be using it more when I'm back to work in a few days. I want it to be rear-facing but don't really have the budget to get another 360 i-size so have been looking at the Joie baby stages. Does anyone know if it's any good, or have any other recommendations? Ideally I don't want to spend more than £150.

Thanks so much x

Now can’t find the oat milk comment to quote it. But the dietician advised that I wean eldest onto coconut milk because of her allergies. So she had koko supermilk, which is now called koko life. Has all the nutrients they need. Had planned to wean the baby onto it too, but actually she’s cracking through the soya ladder

Morning ladies. I need to get a second car seat for my partners car because he will be using it more when I'm back to work in a few days. I want it to be rear-facing but don't really have the budget to get another 360 i-size so have been looking at the Joie baby stages. Does anyone know if it's any good, or have any other recommendations? Ideally I don't want to spend more than £150.

Thanks so much x
If you want a spin seat, Graco do one for around £150, as do Ickle Bubba. I believe Graco is owned by Joie so the two seats aren’t wildly different, although could be wrong on that

If you want a spin seat, Graco do one for around £150, as do Ickle Bubba. I believe Graco is owned by Joie so the two seats aren’t wildly different, although could be wrong on that
It doesn't necessarily have to be a spinny one, but I will have a look at that one thank you x

Thanks so much x
Joie Tilt👌🏻

This mornings lesson, Miss Rachel’s blonde friend is more annoying than Miss Rachel.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So after a half decent night on Monday night, the twins in true form were up every 15 minutes last night🥴
We've got to drive to Liverpool today for an appointment for twin 2 & honestly I just want to cancel it get back in my PJs and slob.
I can't function anymore 😴

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Anyone got any recommendations for toys etc for the 9-12m age range? I'm sorting Christmas out and we're going very minimal, I've got a couple of ideas and we've already got things from when the eldest was a baby but just wondering if anyone has anything that was a mega hit at this age in case I've forgotten something really obvious!

Anyone got any recommendations for toys etc for the 9-12m age range? I'm sorting Christmas out and we're going very minimal, I've got a couple of ideas and we've already got things from when the eldest was a baby but just wondering if anyone has anything that was a mega hit at this age in case I've forgotten something really obvious!
Im planning on buying these as a stocking filler https://www.dunelm.com/product/pack-of-10-christmas-bath-buddies-1000205208?defaultSkuId=30741536

Other than that though I have no ideas 😂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.