New baby and post birth advice #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you’re looking for stuff to suction down I really recommend these (loads on Amazon). I imagine they’d stick well to a high chair tray, we stick them on patio doors, the floor etc and baby loves them (so does our toddler). They are great wee ones for tummy time, and they always shush him up if he’s grumping 🤣

Amazon product
*adds to basket*

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Catching up! After hearing these MIL/FIL stories, kind of makes me glad that both our parents are being lazy as duck and haven’t made the effort to visit.

My mum actually text me a few days suggesting she can come visit in a couple of weeks, only problem is that it’s the day of his 16 week jabs so I said it’s not a good time. So now I’m getting messages with sad face emojis being like ‘oh we will have reschedule if it’s not good timing ☹☹☹‘ If you gave that much of a tit, you wouldn’t have waited until he was 4 months!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
So my long ass baby isn’t going to fit in 0-3 months for that long. His legs are pretty much filling the legs and his feet are bigger than the foot bit. In terms of width, the clothes are huge cause he’s not chunky but he’s so long that nothing will fit soon. He’s 17 days old!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So my long ass baby isn’t going to fit in 0-3 months for that long. His legs are pretty much filling the legs and his feet are bigger than the foot bit. In terms of width, the clothes are huge cause he’s not chunky but he’s so long that nothing will fit soon. He’s 17 days old!
This is the exact problem we had! He was in 0-3 for about 5 mins too. Just put him into 9-12 months a couple weeks ago 🥴

Baby is 6 weeks old and has his first cold ☹ Any product recommendations to help him please?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have this problem too! I was trying to Google what brands are typically ‘longer’ yesterday. I’m skipping 3-6 month clothes and going for 6-9 even though they’ll look like a sack of tit on him. 😂 He’s only on the 25th centile for weight but 90 odd for height!

sorry I liked this the other night and forgot to reply. Thank you, we love his name so much :) and we get so many compliments too which is lovely.

would love a code! I’m not gonna start looking into it until the new year though, so if you’re still using it then and have a code can I ask you for it then?

hope your little one is doing ok today xx
Of coziness. Just let me know and I’ll give you the code. It gives us some credits too so more toys for my two! ☺

Reactions: 1
I have the same issue. Her legs are so long.
Primark I've found seem to be longer in the legs!

🥰🥰
Could you see about getting some of the sleepsuits that have no feet? Let his wee feet poke out the bottom and then it’s not all too baggy round his middle? H&M sell a lot of those, and they sell 2-4 month as a random size so may be a good option

oh my goodness are you serious? Does he look massive for his age or is he just long?
I mean.... he’s chunky lol mainly around his thighs, but my husband has chunky thighs too so I’m not surprised. It’s mainly his length though, no one ever believes how old he is 😆
8237BD75-2021-4F6B-9672-5CA8F17B3127.jpeg

• Heart
I think the mamas and papas seat is one of the best things we’ve bought so far. Sticks down really well! He gives it a good old whack and it hasn’t budged. I love the Lamaze stuff, my mum bought him the playgym when he was born and he still loves it now
The lamaze stuff is great, he loved the individual character toys when younger. I just sold the majority of them on as he has outgrown them 😩

Baby is 6 weeks old and has his first cold ☹ Any product recommendations to help him please?
It's tricky when they're little with a cold! Saline spray and snot sucker, bring them into the bathroom and put the shower on. I'm not sure if they can have snufflebabe vapour rub on their chest but that helps.

Footless sleepsuits are the way to go!

Cuddles are about it I think. Snufflebabes can work, I smear it on myself as well so when they snuggle up it’s close to them. But other than that we don’t use anything. We did do saline sprays in the past but never felt it did much as they are just snot monsters 🤣

I mean.... he’s chunky lol mainly around his thighs, but my husband has chunky thighs too so I’m not surprised. It’s mainly his length though, no one ever believes how old he is 😆 View attachment 759214
Can I place an order for one nibble of thigh?!

• Haha
I mean.... he’s chunky lol mainly around his thighs, but my husband has chunky thighs too so I’m not surprised. It’s mainly his length though, no one ever believes how old he is 😆 View attachment 759214
oh gosh yeah he’s not chunky at all he’s just tall! Wow. I think my little one will be the same as yours in this way for sure. My husband loves it, we love basketball so he’s like ‘future nba player right there’ haha and cause he’s born on august 26th he’ll be the littlest in the year but hopefully he won’t look tiny cause he’ll be taller lol

• Heart
Going to a festival today, first time being away from her from any length of time 🙈 taking my elvie pump and a massive hoodie so I can just pump while watching the gigs 🤣 oh how my life has changed 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
oh gosh yeah he’s not chunky at all he’s just tall! Wow. I think my little one will be the same as yours in this way for sure. My husband loves it, we love basketball so he’s like ‘future nba player right there’ haha and cause he’s born on august 26th he’ll be the littlest in the year but hopefully he won’t look tiny cause he’ll be taller lol
I might be wrong but is your husband super tall? That’s funny, we’re basketball fans too. Husband is like “when can we go to Chicago to take him to the bulls?” 😂

I might be wrong but is your husband super tall? That’s funny, we’re basketball fans too. Husband is like “when can we go to Chicago to take him to the bulls?” 😂
yep he’s 6”5, is yours? Oh that is funny! We’re Toronto Raptors fans so we’re super keen to do a trip to Canada and see them play in Toronto while we’re there. Also look how cute this romper is:

Going to a festival today, first time being away from her from any length of time 🙈 taking my elvie pump and a massive hoodie so I can just pump while watching the gigs 🤣 oh how my life has changed 🤣
Oooh would be interested to know how it went leaving her? I’m off for a day in a month and so nervous already about whether she’ll settle with just a bottle and not my boob, whether I’ll have pumped enough for the day, whether I’ll leak 😂

• Heart
Oooh would be interested to know how it went leaving her? I’m off for a day in a month and so nervous already about w
hether she’ll settle with just a bottle and not my boob, whether I’ll have pumped enough for the day, whether I’ll leak 😂
I will let you know 🤣 I've pumped twice a day for the last 4 weeks so I've got enough milk to feed the 5 thousand 🤣 she also gets a bottle of expressed milk every other day so she's semi used to it! Might be something to try if you've not already. I'm quite worried I'll leak 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.