New baby and post birth advice #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg last night during the night feed at 5:30am, I was breastfeeding and I hear a buzz. Thought it was a fly. It kept getting louder and buzzier so I looked at the nightstand and there was a bloody wasp in my haakaa! 😂 I jumped up from the bed with my breastfeeding cushion with baby still feeding and went to the living room where my partner sleeps as I co-sleep. Told him to get rid of it ASAP, he’s completely delirious after being woken up so suddenly. He managed to get it with the hoover as it flew out the haakaa. But ffs not what I could be arsed with. 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Omg last night during the night feed at 5:30am, I was breastfeeding and I hear a buzz. Thought it was a fly. It kept getting louder and buzzier so I looked at the nightstand and there was a bloody wasp in my haakaa! 😂 I jumped up from the bed with my breastfeeding cushion with baby still feeding and went to the living room where my partner sleeps as I co-sleep. Told him to get rid of it ASAP, he’s completely delirious after being woken up so suddenly. He managed to get it with the hoover as it flew out the haakaa. But ffs not what I could be arsed with. 😂
Imagine if it had stung you on the nip 😱😱😱😱😱😱

@Chickenandgravy I hope you have a great time at the festival, and don’t end up too soaked in your own milk 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Being tested to the limit this week 😥 LO has been crying so much every evening and is just impossible to settle until about 10/11pm. She sleeps like a dream during the night (wakes up at 1am and 5am for a feed and goes straight back to sleep) but in the morning and especially evening she’s an absolute nightmare. I feel so sorry for my partner as he comes home from work at 6 and all he ever sees is a fussy baby 🙁

Today she wouldn’t settle from 9am - 1pm, slept 2pm - 6pm and has been unsettled and crying ever since feeding at 6. I just can’t work it out!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Being tested to the limit this week 😥 LO has been crying so much every evening and is just impossible to settle until about 10/11pm. She sleeps like a dream during the night (wakes up at 1am and 5am for a feed and goes straight back to sleep) but in the morning and especially evening she’s an absolute nightmare. I feel so sorry for my partner as he comes home from work at 6 and all he ever sees is a fussy baby 🙁

Today she wouldn’t settle from 9am - 1pm, slept 2pm - 6pm and has been unsettled and crying ever since feeding at 6. I just can’t work it out!
How old is your LO? That sounds so tough ❤

I remember with our eldest she would be so grumpy after my husband came home, I always felt awful for him. And it didn’t actually end for ages, because when she was a toddler she was grumpy at that time as she was exhausted. They definitely get a tough deal there.

I had this problem at the beginning in the evening, usually from 6pm-9pm. Google the witching hour!

I used to get so upset and thought baby wasn’t getting enough milk as he would be so angry, cry at my boob nonstop and literally slap my tit. 😂 But the lactation woman I saw said it’s really normal for both breast and bottlefed babies and that baby is just feeling tired cause it’s nearing the end of the day and that he senses that you are as well causing them to be whingey and fussy.

He’s luckily calmed down in the evenings as I’ve had my partner do the last feed.

How old is your LO? That sounds so tough ❤

I remember with our eldest she would be so grumpy after my husband came home, I always felt awful for him. And it didn’t actually end for ages, because when she was a toddler she was grumpy at that time as she was exhausted. They definitely get a tough deal there.
She’s 8 weeks on Tuesday. Thought things might get better after giving the meds for silent reflux and whilst the feeding is so much better, the crying is worse! 😑 LO had a traumatic birth and a few people have said about cranial osteotherapy so going to look into that next!

I had this problem at the beginning in the evening, usually from 6pm-9pm. Google the witching hour!

I used to get so upset and thought baby wasn’t getting enough milk as he would be so angry, cry at my boob nonstop and literally slap my tit. 😂 But the lactation woman I saw said it’s really normal for both breast and bottlefed babies and that baby is just feeling tired cause it’s nearing the end of the day and that he senses that you are as well causing them to be whingey and fussy.

He’s luckily calmed down in the evenings as I’ve had my partner do the last feed.
Haha I just laughed out loud at the fact he would slap your tit! 😂
The witching hour is definitely a thing isn’t it! And in my case witching hour happens in the morning too 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
She’s 8 weeks on Tuesday. Thought things might get better after giving the meds for silent reflux and whilst the feeding is so much better, the crying is worse! 😑 LO had a traumatic birth and a few people have said about cranial osteotherapy so going to look into that next!

The witching hour is definitely a thing isn’t it! And in my case witching hour happens in the morning too 😅
I think I was probably one of those people, but do definitely look into the cranial. My son’s birth was quite traumatic (for both of us 🙈) and he had been back to back. It meant his neck was slightly twisted (torticollis) and he was struggling to feed properly on one side, he was in pain, taking in more air that way and it was causing him lots of wind and reflux. Once that had been seen too it all got much better, so it may be similar for your little girl?

Sending lots of love and sympathy. Constant crying is exhausting, and just so emotionally draining x

I can 100% vouch for cranial osteopaths! If you are based in Nottingham (very slim chance 😂) I can recommend an amazing one. Whilst my birth wasn’t traumatic, it was extremely quick which can also have a bit of an effect on babies, who knew 🤷🏻‍♀️
I used to think I was losing the plot during the witching hour(s) 🥴

I think I was probably one of those people, but do definitely look into the cranial. My son’s birth was quite traumatic (for both of us 🙈) and he had been back to back. It meant his neck was slightly twisted (torticollis) and he was struggling to feed properly on one side, he was in pain, taking in more air that way and it was causing him lots of wind and reflux. Once that had been seen too it all got much better, so it may be similar for your little girl?

Sending lots of love and sympathy. Constant crying is exhausting, and just so emotionally draining x
I can 100% vouch for cranial osteopaths! If you are based in Nottingham (very slim chance 😂) I can recommend an amazing one. Whilst my birth wasn’t traumatic, it was extremely quick which can also have a bit of an effect on babies, who knew 🤷🏻‍♀️
I used to think I was losing the plot during the witching hour(s) 🥴
Thanks ladies, it’s good to know it worked for both of you! I’m in Bristol so a bit far from Nottingham 😆 I’ve found one online that has good reviews and is only £55 a session (not sure if that’s good but it’s cheaper than I was expecting!)

I so guilty at the moment because I can’t say I’m enjoying motherhood, just hope it does get better soon

• Heart
Thanks ladies, it’s good to know it worked for both of you! I’m in Bristol so a bit far from Nottingham 😆 I’ve found one online that has good reviews and is only £55 a session (not sure if that’s good but it’s cheaper than I was expecting!)

I so guilty at the moment because I can’t say I’m enjoying motherhood, just hope it does get better soon
I think I paid £50 for my first appt and then the next one was 40 I believe, so that sounds about right and he only needed two appts.
DONT feel guilty at all!! Motherhood is not a walk in the park and you don’t have to love every moment of it. Yes its Great at times, but it’s bloody hard! Physically, mentally, emotionally etc. It will absolutely get better in time, it just feels like it won’t sometimes but you are doing fab 💗 hope you manage to to get little one sorted xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Well I survived and no leaks 🤣 I did have to go and pump about half way through my day. Just went to the welfare tent (I was at Transmt in Glasgow City centre so fairly big) explained the situation and they gave me my own private tent to express in 🤣
Got home and other half said "you've got it so easy, all you need to do is get your boob out. She just screamed for half an hour while I tried to get a bottle ready" serves him right for being an arse last night 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8

I'm seeing a cranial osteopath on Thursday in Bristol (Cotham) my husband sees the ladies husband as he's a chiropractor, it's £40 a session then £25 after that xx

Have a baby they said it’ll be fun they said! 😂😂 seriously ladies I need some advice on nappies. So far, size 1 pampers were the best, size 2 Sainsbury’s were brilliant on her, size 3 aldi premium were good, Morrison’s were terrible after so many mamas recommended them to me. I have a bag unopened here because I disliked them so much! Baby girl was 4 months old yesterday and the last time she was weighed about 3 weeks ago she was 17lb 3 so I’m guessing she’s about 18/19lb now, she’s my chunky monkey so we’ve just gone into size 4 nappies. This vest is the result of a Sainsbury’s nappy which I’m gutted about as I loved the size 2 on her! Why is it so confusing?she’s not even my first baby she’s number 5 but I don’t remember having these problems before 😂😂

Attachments

Have a baby they said it’ll be fun they said! 😂😂 seriously ladies I need some advice on nappies. So far, size 1 pampers were the best, size 2 Sainsbury’s were brilliant on her, size 3 aldi premium were good, Morrison’s were terrible after so many mamas recommended them to me. I have a bag unopened here because I disliked them so much! Baby girl was 4 months old yesterday and the last time she was weighed about 3 weeks ago she was 17lb 3 so I’m guessing she’s about 18/19lb now, she’s my chunky monkey so we’ve just gone into size 4 nappies. This vest is the result of a Sainsbury’s nappy which I’m gutted about as I loved the size 2 on her! Why is it so confusing?she’s not even my first baby she’s number 5 but I don’t remember having these problems before 😂😂
I use cloth but when we go to my in laws we fly so use disposables, and I use Tesco ones, and they are always fine.

@Chickenandgravy glad you all survived, and hopefully you had a brilliant day

@Hairraiser thinking about you x

• Heart
I've never had a leakage with Asda nappies.
I do find that different brands are better for different sizes.
Before potty training my daughter, we had her in sainsburys nappies as they seemed better when they're a bit bigger as they seem a different shape.
I liked tesco newborn nappies. But now she's in size 3, I don't really like them

So expressing… do I need to sterilise the pump after every use? Once I’ve pumped, how long can I leave the milk before freezing it/putting it in the fridge? If I pump say 2oz, can I top that bottle with another 2ozes later in the day and then freeze it all together or do I just have to store individually from each session ?

• Heart
So expressing… do I need to sterilise the pump after every use? Once I’ve pumped, how long can I leave the milk before freezing it/putting it in the fridge? If I pump say 2oz, can I top that bottle with another 2ozes later in the day and then freeze it all together or do I just have to store individually from each session ?
Nope you only need to do it once a day, pump, give it a wash and you can put it in the fridge in between uses and its fine, I usually put it in a sandwich bag.
You can leave it out at room temp for 4 hours, or some people say 6, in the fridge it will last 4-5 days and in the freezer up to 6 months. I just pump and put straight into the freezer though
Yes you can do 2oz then 2oz later but make sure the milk is the same temp that you're adding it to, so if it's been in the fridge don't add the body temp stuff to it without cooling it in the fridge first then you can freeze.
Hope that makes sense I'm useless at explaining stuff 🙈

• Heart
Baby Thomas has slept through the night for the past 3 weeks
But of course last night he decided to be awake all night when the health visitor is coming today

@LilyRose1234 @Chickenandgravy has given perfect info there.
For remembering how long it can stay I. Places remember 5,5,5 - 5hrs at room temp, 5 days in the fridge, 5 months in the freezer (some say 6 and I’d agree but 555 is easier to remember 🤣🤣🤣)

If you’re exclusively breastfeeding you don’t need to sterilise it at all. Wash in hot soapy water and that’s enough.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.