New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not baby related and feel free to skip it. I need to vent 😂
Currently super emotional at the thought of my 4yo starting school 😂

Also feel guilty that I didn't feel the same way when my 9yo started.
Before my 9yo started school, we were in a completely different place financially. Although we don't have loads now, we had hardly anything then. Both me and my partner lost our jobs at the same time. (we both worked for the same company which is how we met) and the company made over half the staff redundant. I also didn't drive then either.
So when my son started, we'd never been on holiday. We rarely went on days out. Only ever to parks we could walk to ect.
But since then, I've got a car, both worked inbetween kids ect. Managed to go on holidays and weekly swimming with the 2 youngest (9yo goes with school) I refuse to go in the school holidays. I can't cope with kids everywhere 😂

One simple thing has set me off that I didn't realise the last time we went swimming would be the last time in our weekly routine. We caught Covid and then I was ill too after that and by that time, school holidays started. 😂

We've been away a few times and taken the 9yo out of school for the week (naughty naughty 😂) but don't want to do that now she's just starting and he's getting into his last years.

So now I just feel like I'm losing all freedom with the kids 😂
And it sounds so silly 😂 especially as he's already in school but our life has changed so much between Oakley starting and Ivy starting!

Even more so that I feel like she's missed out on 2 years of life before school because of Covid and lockdown!
Ugh 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Hey lovelies we’re off to portugal and baby girls got her second lot of jabs the day before 😩. She was absolutely fine with her first lot so fingers crossed she will be with her second 🤞🏻 Im just so anxious. We’ve always taken our other two abroad from being tiny idk what if it’s because she’s got her jabs the day before or what but honestly my anxiety is through the roof about going 😭.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I always sing and dance with the baby to “can’t take my eyes off you” and as she’s got older she giggles when I do it, but today was cooking dinner and she was minding her own business ignoring the music (playing with recycling 🤷🏼‍♀️) and when it came on she shrieked and crawled over and started dancing 😭😭😭😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Awwww well done twin 1!!! I actually found with both of mine they were much nicer to be around once they could walk and felt less restricted.
My 1 yo (still can’t get used to saying that) was an awful lot happier once she could crawl.

Reactions: 1
Not baby related and feel free to skip it. I need to vent 😂
Currently super emotional at the thought of my 4yo starting school 😂

Also feel guilty that I didn't feel the same way when my 9yo started.
Before my 9yo started school, we were in a completely different place financially. Although we don't have loads now, we had hardly anything then. Both me and my partner lost our jobs at the same time. (we both worked for the same company which is how we met) and the company made over half the staff redundant. I also didn't drive then either.
So when my son started, we'd never been on holiday. We rarely went on days out. Only ever to parks we could walk to ect.
But since then, I've got a car, both worked inbetween kids ect. Managed to go on holidays and weekly swimming with the 2 youngest (9yo goes with school) I refuse to go in the school holidays. I can't cope with kids everywhere 😂

One simple thing has set me off that I didn't realise the last time we went swimming would be the last time in our weekly routine. We caught Covid and then I was ill too after that and by that time, school holidays started. 😂

We've been away a few times and taken the 9yo out of school for the week (naughty naughty 😂) but don't want to do that now she's just starting and he's getting into his last years.

So now I just feel like I'm losing all freedom with the kids 😂
And it sounds so silly 😂 especially as he's already in school but our life has changed so much between Oakley starting and Ivy starting!

Even more so that I feel like she's missed out on 2 years of life before school because of Covid and lockdown!
Ugh 😂
Ahhh I feel the same about 3Me starting preschool. Hers is 9-1.30 5 days a week, so it’s pretty much school Hours (our younger kids finish school at 2 until they are 6/7).And it’s just sad realising all those little routines you’ve carved out for yourself are finished. Once they are in school, that’s it 😩 the “before school” years go far too quickly, and I miss those days so much with my older pair. Part of the reason I enjoy the summer hols so much!

Twin 1 woke up today and thought she'd walk.
This is not okay😂 I wasn't prepared for this I expected her to be atleast 15months corrected before she started not fricking 10months corrected.
Send help because she's a god damn menace🤦🏻‍♀️😂
🎉🎉🎉 well done T1! My goodness, though, those girls don’t half keep you on your toes 🤣

Bad mum moment - baby was on the sofa in one of those c shaped pillows sat up. Stood up to move my drink and she dived off and landed face first on the floor 😭😭😭😭 oh the crying! Real screaming hysterics for a good 10 mins. She’s okay now but she has got a little pink patch on her head where she hit it 🥺
This has happened to all my kids at least once 🙈 they move so quickly sometimes, it’s impossible to keep an eye on them every second. Mourn the loss of the days you could safely leave her on the sofa. It’s another thing you only appreciate after it’s cruelly taken from you!

I’ve got so many questions today 🤣 We’ve had an extremely relaxing Sunday at home.

Has anyone tried the Lovevery toy subscription? Is it worth it?

It seems to be about €500 a year. This is our first and so we don’t have any toys. How much would say you spent on toys in the first year?
I have looked at this a lot as I really love Montessori principles and the lovevery ethos works in with that. I can’t justify the cost though. Looking at what comes in the kits I know we wouldn’t use much of it, and anything I want in particular I can source on its own (or make in some cases). In the first year for my eldest I’d say we spent about £200, including Christmas and birthday. You can buy Montessori inspired toys similar to many that lovevery sell from a lot of places now.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
We have our 8 week jabs tomorrow. I’m nervous even though Baby Rita had cannulas, IV lines, needles and all sorts done to her when she was in hospital! Anyone have any tips or what should I expect?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We have our 8 week jabs tomorrow. I’m nervous even though Baby Rita had cannulas, IV lines, needles and all sorts done to her when she was in hospital! Anyone have any tips or what should I expect?
Seems every baby reacts differently. In the jabs they get 3 (I think!) plus she will get oral drops for rotavirus, which mine always HATE and can take an age to get them in to them.
Afterwards you can give calpol, and lots of cuddles.
Mine have always reacted after about 6 hours. Just a huge screaming fit that lasts approx 2hrs, then that’s it. Really weird 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
So first day of nursery went well they said she just got on with it.
I’m worried they didn’t feed her enough and I’m not sure they gave her a bottle which I’m not happy about.
She was a bit unsettled when she got home which I expected but it took me a while to realise she was hungry and she had 11oz!!!!! Which is unheard of for her she’s never drank more than 8oz in her life 😂 I don’t know what to do, suppose I should just ask tomorrow when I drop her off🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Had a KIT day today, absolutely knackered now. Actually did some work learning a new system and had a meeting with my boss where he (provisionally) agreed to me changing my hours slightly which is a massive weight off my shoulders. Money is literally keeping me awake at night at the moment, we’ve got so much going on and so much to pay for that we’re thinking about having to postpone our wedding 😔 But this is one less thing to worry about at least.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m worried they didn’t feed her enough and I’m not sure they gave her a bottle which I’m not happy about.
She was a bit unsettled when she got home which I expected but it took me a while to realise she was hungry and she had 11oz!!!!! Which is unheard of for her she’s never drank more than 8oz in her life 😂 I don’t know what to do, suppose I should just ask tomorrow when I drop her off🤷🏼‍♀️
(prefacing by saying I’ve never used daycare so could be 100% wrong)
Do they not give you info on what she ate/slept/etc during the day on pick up? Or have it on an app for you? My sister gets a daily log every pick up, and a friend used to get it via an app/online portal thingy. Pretty rubbish if they don’t give you any info!
But did you ever, ever, ever think you’d be saying she drank 11oz?!

Reactions: 2
Mine was fine after her 8 week jabs, we gave calpol as recommended by the nurse and she just slept and had cuddles all afternoon. Weirdly she loved the rotavirus oral stuff 😂

My tip is dress her in something easy to get on and off - zip up sleepsuit is perfect if you have one!

ETA just realised mine was in winter and we’re in the middle of summer now so my tip might not be applicable anyway 😂 but you just want something with easy access to her thighs so you don’t have to faff around too much with dressing and undressing

• Heart
(prefacing by saying I’ve never used daycare so could be 100% wrong)
Do they not give you info on what she ate/slept/etc during the day on pick up? Or have it on an app for you? My sister gets a daily log every pick up, and a friend used to get it via an app/online portal thingy. Pretty rubbish if they don’t give you any info!
But did you ever, ever, ever think you’d be saying she drank 11oz?!
Yeah I get a log and from what I can see she had no lunch and no bottle 🤷🏼‍♀️ So unless they missed it off or made a mistake she went from 8.30 til 4.15 with nothing to eat 😳 but it’s my first day of this too so I don’t know what exactly they do or log 🤷🏼‍♀️And no I never thought I’d see the day she drank 11oz 😂

Had a KIT day today, absolutely knackered now. Actually did some work learning a new system and had a meeting with my boss where he (provisionally) agreed to me changing my hours slightly which is a massive weight off my shoulders. Money is literally keeping me awake at night at the moment, we’ve got so much going on and so much to pay for that we’re thinking about having to postpone our wedding 😔 But this is one less thing to worry about at least.
Oh no I’m so sorry to hear that.
Money is so so tight right now it’s horrible isn’t it ☹ X

• Wow
  • Heart
Yeah I get a log and from what I can see she had no lunch and no bottle 🤷🏼‍♀️ So unless they missed it off or made a mistake she went from 8.30 til 4.15 with nothing to eat 😳 but it’s my first day of this too so I don’t know what exactly they do or log 🤷🏼‍♀️And no I never thought I’d see the day she drank 11oz 😂
That doesn’t sound right, I would defo mention it to them tomorrow. I would hope they’ve just forgotten to log it because if not that’s definitely reason for a complaint!

Reactions: 6
She will have the rotavirus orally and a jab in each leg. Our nurse was really good at explaining everything and they should give you a leaflet to take away instead of having to remember it all.
I didn't think about it much in advance and then was shocked at his little scream but it didn't last long. He was fine by the time we were back in the car! Definitely worse for us mums! And a necessary evil. He had his at about 3pm and when he woke in the night at 1am he had a temperature so I stripped a layer off him and gave him more calpol. He had his 12 week jabs last week and was very sleepy the next day so be prepared for lots of cuddly naps. Good luck I'm sure it'll be fine ❤

• Heart

From experience in a baby room, it would be very very very unlikely they'd let her go all day without any food/milk.
I would double check tomorrow though.

On the other hand though, if she drank 11oz when hungry, at least it shows she will actually eat/drink if she wants it!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I seriously hope that someone just didn’t upload the info 😨 but hopefully that’s because they were so busy playing with the babies instead…. Definitely ask tomorrow!

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Definitely just mention it, for your peace of mind as well! I know if mine doesn’t eat her lunch they will always tell me verbally and put it on the app

• Heart
Glad that work wise things went well, but sorry to hear about the money situation. Having to postpone your wedding would be such a difficult decision to make ❤❤

• Heart
Oh gosh!! Definitely ask, they did the same to my friend (I’m always going on about her lol), deputy manager had no idea and needed to have a word with the women in the room (there was an unrecorded accident too)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Glad that work wise things went well, but sorry to hear about the money situation. Having to postpone your wedding would be such a difficult decision to make ❤❤
Thank you. I can’t really complain, we’re having renovations done to our house so we’re very lucky to be able to do that. It’s something that’s been planned since we moved in but we really should have considered the timings more with me on mat leave seeing as it’s going to wipe all our savings and then some!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.