New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hahah I know, my partner managed to restrain himself from commenting about womens football, but let’s face it, the comments come from jealousy that they haven’t achieved anything since 1966 🤷🏼‍♀️ Maybe because the women are genuinely passionate about it in a way the men maybe aren’t? Let’s face it the men have had far less obstacles to overcome to get here and they still haven’t managed it!
I haven’t watched the tournament apart from last night and semi finals. I’m not sure if it’s because we don’t watch normal tv, but I didn’t think it was advertised. KW said he wasn’t interested, but was engrossed in the game. As were all my boys. My eldest (girl) wasn’t interested at all
You could feel the passion through the tv. I loved it. We are away this week, and we are staying right by the entertainment. The screams we could hear, honestly gives me the chills !

Reactions: 3
Unpopular opinion, I honestly couldn’t give less of a tit, I wouldn’t have even known about it if it wasn’t the fact that every bleeping place I go people are talking about it. I’m happy you are all happy but Jesus take the wheel I’ll be glad when normality is restored 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I haven’t watched the tournament apart from last night and semi finals. I’m not sure if it’s because we don’t watch normal tv, but I didn’t think it was advertised. KW said he wasn’t interested, but was engrossed in the game. As were all my boys. My eldest (girl) wasn’t interested at all
You could feel the passion through the tv. I loved it. We are away this week, and we are staying right by the entertainment. The screams we could hear, honestly gives me the chills !
No it defo wasn’t advertised the same way the mens was, but hopefully that’ll change now! Ahhh I bet, I wish I’d been there! Looked much more chill than at mens games too. According to my partner that’s why there was a higher attendance because they have more restrictions in the mens because of hooliganism etc and the home/away fans need more separation whereas everything’s a bit more well behaved at the womens 🤣

Unpopular opinion, I honestly couldn’t give less of a tit, I wouldn’t have even known about it if it wasn’t the fact that every bleeping place I go people are talking about it. I’m happy you are all happy but Jesus take the wheel I’ll be glad when normality is restored 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Haha I’m not a massive football fan by any means, but it’s just the girl power, that ten years ago after the womens Euros the actual England account tweeted that now the players could go back to being “wives, mothers, daughters and partners” and a hundred years ago women were banned from playing altogether. Just feels like a huge step forward!

Reactions: 4
I'm exactly there with you 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Good luck!! X

Can anyone recommend a good baby monitor that has very good screen quality, for less than £150? Do any of you also connect it to your phone?
i asked on here a couple of months ago and quite a few people recommended Hello Baby, it was a lot cheaper than the others we were looking at so we ordered one and it’s so good. My partner usually wants the most expensive thing from the biggest known brand :rolleyes: but even he said it’s brilliant. It does everything we want it to do, it has extra functions like playing songs which we don’t use, and we can talk through the monitor which we basically just use as a walkie talkie to each other 😂 but the screen is great and the battery lasts a long time. It doesn’t connect to your phone though, when I was looking into monitors a lot of people said that the wifi/phone ones are bad because of the risk of hacking? I don’t know how likely that it, I just went for this one because we are poor 😂
11B6B9AE-3E18-4057-A508-CC3ABC5D98F9.png

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Had anyone used a Haakaa? I tend to leak quite a bit from the opposite breast, but feed her on both breasts each feeding as per the LC. If I use the Haakaa, will it decrease the amount of milk she can get when it’s that breast’s turn? If that makes sense.

I’ve just ordered a Haakaa since I can leak almost 150ml per 24 hours and this seems an easier way to collect it than the leak cups / shields I’ve been using, and I’d also like to build a bit of a stash for when I go back to work and for a trip home to America I have to make when she’s 3 months sans baby.
Not sure if you’ve had lots of answers, haven’t read through everything!
No, you won’t “use up” the milk on the side you collect it from using the Haakaa, there will still be plenty when she comes to feed. Milk is supply and demand so the more milk is removed, the more milk is made.
Saying that you do need to be a bit careful as the haakaa uses a gentle suction system so as well as collecting the leaks it will actually stimulate milk removal. This can then lead to oversupply, and can also lead to blocked ducts if the milk isn’t being removed efficiently ❤

Back to work for me 😭😭😭😭
Good luck friend ❤

@Definitelyme you all ok?! I know Sundays are the most dreaded days for you too
Thank you for thinking of me 🥰🥰

We’ve been away this weekend, so not only was the usual Sunday bleugh not felt, we actually had a really wonderful day yesterday ❤ Hope all the Wakas are well!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
i asked on here a couple of months ago and quite a few people recommended Hello Baby, it was a lot cheaper than the others we were looking at so we ordered one and it’s so good. My partner usually wants the most expensive thing from the biggest known brand :rolleyes: but even he said it’s brilliant. It does everything we want it to do, it has extra functions like playing songs which we don’t use, and we can talk through the monitor which we basically just use as a walkie talkie to each other 😂 but the screen is great and the battery lasts a long time. It doesn’t connect to your phone though, when I was looking into monitors a lot of people said that the wifi/phone ones are bad because of the risk of hacking? I don’t know how likely that it, I just went for this one because we are poor 😂
View attachment 1462509
@Dak1988 I got the same after also asking on here for recommendations and I'm really pleased with it. I got it on offer on Amazon as well for under £70 😊

• Heart
View attachment 1462509
@Dak1988 I got the same after also asking on here for recommendations and I'm really pleased with it. I got it on offer on Amazon as well for under £70 😊
Ah thank you ladies I do remember this been recommended too!
It sounds really good so I might buy it this week. Baby girl is starting to get sleepy at 8ish so I want to trial putting her to bed in our room with the monitor and we can join her a bit later, where as now I’m going to bed at like half 8/9 and it’s still light outside 😂
Before the big move to her own room in a couple of months 🙈🥺
Does it have good picture quality at night / in the dark? Xx

We have this hello baby which is on offer at the moment. I think they’re very similar as this one plays songs etc also. I like the fact it has a temp sensor and the video quality in the dark is really good!

Little man has just gone into his own room for half the night and I have the monitor switched on while I’m sleeping but you can turn the screen off so it’s not bright but if he cries I can still hear him through it if that makes sense x

Ah thank you ladies I do remember this been recommended too!
It sounds really good so I might buy it this week. Baby girl is starting to get sleepy at 8ish so I want to trial putting her to bed in our room with the monitor and we can join her a bit later, where as now I’m going to bed at like half 8/9 and it’s still light outside 😂
Before the big move to her own room in a couple of months 🙈🥺
Does it have good picture quality at night / in the dark? Xx

Attachments

• Heart
My child has suddenly decided that breakfast isn't needed anymore and won't touch anything I male 🙃 please tell me this is just a phase 😭

My child has suddenly decided that breakfast isn't needed anymore and won't touch anything I male 🙃 please tell me this is just a phase 😭
Some kids just don’t like breakfast?! My 3yo doesn’t eat breakfast most days as she just doesn’t want it

We’ve been away this weekend, so not only was the usual Sunday bleugh not felt,
Ah double the win! Hope you had a lovely weekend! We are all good, new sleep routine working perfectly and she’s sleeping 7-7 (with one wake up) such a relief

• Heart
My 2.5 year old is a bad eater but he will always skip breakfast, generally doesn’t eat until about 1/2pm most days (after waking up at 6am!) no matter what I put in front of him

Not sure if you’ve had lots of answers, haven’t read through everything!
No, you won’t “use up” the milk on the side you collect it from using the Haakaa, there will still be plenty when she comes to feed. Milk is supply and demand so the more milk is removed, the more milk is made.
Saying that you do need to be a bit careful as the haakaa uses a gentle suction system so as well as collecting the leaks it will actually stimulate milk removal. This can then lead to oversupply, and can also lead to blocked ducts if the milk isn’t being removed efficiently ❤
Thanks! It seems my right is a super producer and my left is lacking. I’m hoping to collect more of the let down if the right. I got 50ml in about 5-10 minutes this morning, and maybe try to stimulate the left a little more without pumping only the left.
I’ll definitely keep an eye on it, though, and make sure my right is emptied enough / not blocked.

• Heart
Take the pressure off and leave a bit out close by, see if she approaches or picks at it at all. Trust that they know what their bodies need, is she eating her other meals well?

Reactions: 3
Some kids just don’t like breakfast?! My 3yo doesn’t eat breakfast most days as she just doesn’t want it
She used to love her porridge in the morning though 😔
My 2.5 year old is a bad eater but he will always skip breakfast, generally doesn’t eat until about 1/2pm most days (after waking up at 6am!) no matter what I put in front of him
Did he always not bother with breakfast?

Take the pressure off and leave a bit out close by, see if she approaches or picks at it at all. Trust that they know what their bodies need, is she eating her other meals well?
I'll try that! Yeah she eats all the rest fine...just breakfast even though she used to be fine with it!

• Heart
She used to love her porridge in the morning though 😔

Did he always not bother with breakfast?

I'll try that! Yeah she eats all the rest fine...just breakfast even though she used to be fine with it!
Yes pretty much always since I can remember! He’s got a few health/eating problems anyway but even when he’s on medications so he can eat properly he always rejects breakfast! Some kids just aren’t into it, just as some adults aren’t 😊 we always make sure he as a cup of milk. It may absolutely be a phase, I can’t remember how old your little one is but sometimes they can be fussy as for a long time then suddenly it just clicks again and they eat all 3 meals + snacks and then some 😂

👋

Haven’t had a chance to catch up on all the chat from the weekend but hope everyone is doing well and getting some sleep 🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.