New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Babyyoda88 Happy birthday to tiny babyyodašŸ„³ I hope youā€™ve all had a lovely day celebrating. Itā€™s been a tough year for you all so you definitely deserve it x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I canā€™t remember if we discussed it here or in the pregnancy threads, but thereā€™s that phenomenon that as soon as a man needs to be somewhere, heā€™ll start doing obscure jobs around the house instead.

Mr O has bought us a Dominos which needs to be collected. Iā€™ve told him several times that Iā€™m fecking starving and may eat the dog. Heā€™s currently watering the garden.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I canā€™t remember if we discussed it here or in the pregnancy threads, but thereā€™s that phenomenon that as soon as a man needs to be somewhere, heā€™ll start doing obscure jobs around the house instead.

Mr O has bought us a Dominos which needs to be collected. Iā€™ve told him several times that Iā€™m fecking starving and may eat the dog. Heā€™s currently watering the garden.
I laugh because itā€™s so true but also wtf? Who disregards the need for dominos like that šŸ¤¬

Reactions: 3

Yes my kw is always like this! If weā€™re tidying up the house for visitors etc he will decide to clean something totally random like the inside of the wardrobe (true story) rather than being useful and hoovering the living room šŸ™ƒ.

Happy birthday baby @Babyyoda88 hope youā€™re having a lovely weekend celebrating together ā¤šŸŽ‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Just woken up and baby Rita had wriggled herself to one side of the cot and had her face squished up against the side. Iā€™m now terrified to go back to sleep šŸ˜‚šŸ˜«
My little girl does this!!! She insists on shuffling to the top and squashā€™s her face against the side or the corner! It used to freak me out but now I figure she just likes it šŸ˜‚ I sometimes put a dummy in her mouth with the logic that thereā€™s then more of a gap to breathe

Reactions: 1
Yes my kw is always like this! If weā€™re tidying up the house for visitors etc he will decide to clean something totally random like the inside of the wardrobe (true story) rather than being useful and hoovering the living room šŸ™ƒ.
I got my KW to help cleaning the house for some friends of his to stay a few weeks ago and despite there being a bunch of different jobs to do, he spent an HOUR cleaning the bathroom which I said just needed a quick wipe down. He was scrubbing it to death and as he said "doing it properly" insinuating that I don't clean it well enough usually! Cheeky fucker - could have murdered him šŸ™ƒ and I did point out he's free to clean it whenever he likes!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Bit of a random one. Does anyone know where I can go that is baby friendly in Gloucester on a Sunday? We're there for a couple of hours in the centre, but with no car. I'm thinking a baby friendly cafe and a nice park with baby swings etc. It's that or I'll just be doing loops of the outlet centre with the pram.

Ive had enough of being a mum today, twin 2 has only taken 7ozs of milk all day. She's pulled her NG tube out 3 times before ive even started a feed šŸ˜”
Shes had 3 meals. I just worry its not enough, she won't drink anything recently šŸ˜­
I can't even feed her whilst she's asleep because trying to NG a sleeping baby is like wrestling a lion when you're covered in meatšŸ˜­
This sounds so selfish, but I absolutely despise that she's not "okay" I hate life because of it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

Happy birthday baby @Babyyoda88 hope youā€™re having a lovely weekend celebrating together ā¤šŸŽ‚
Mine completely fails to understand the impact of different tasks, like putting away the laundry makes a much bigger impact on how tidy the room feels than fixing the plug socket.

Ive had enough of being a mum today, twin 2 has only taken 7ozs of milk all day. She's pulled her NG tube out 3 times before ive even started a feed šŸ˜”
Shes had 3 meals. I just worry its not enough, she won't drink anything recently šŸ˜­
I can't even feed her whilst she's asleep because trying to NG a sleeping baby is like wrestling a lion when you're covered in meatšŸ˜­
This sounds so selfish, but I absolutely despise that she's not "okay" I hate life because of it.
Sorry you're having a tit day and that's not selfish at all. It's a valid, honest feeling and hopefully sharing will help.

Reactions: 4

Waitā€¦your guests donā€™t check out the insides of your wardrobes???

• Haha
Reactions: 9
ā¤ā¤ā¤
is she waking for milk during the night?

It is not selfish at all. You are worried about her more than yourself, so it couldnā€™t possibly be selfish. And actually, I think to be selfish every now and again and wish things were different (easier?) is a totally valid, normal way to feel when life has dealt you a pretty crappy hand ā¤ Nobody is a saint, and pretending you never feel anything but delighted with T2s special situation wonā€™t do anyone any good. X

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I donā€™t know what to do with baby. Heā€™s constantly falling and banging his head. He done it twice today within 10 minutes (he fell out the back door - thereā€™s no height, but I think the bit at the bottom confused him - and then his toddler brother jumped at something knocking him overā€¦
I think Iā€™m going to have to invest in a little crash helmet. He had some calpol after the second incident, as I would not be surprised if it gave him a headache šŸ˜­
He is now properly on the move, and has the whole of downstairs at his knees. Pray for me
Not a mum, but I have spent years nannying and in a creche. One of the boys had a padded hat/helmet thing to protect him from injuries, it was very efficient!
For the mum worried about what to get for baby ( possibly because money is tight), thereā€™s the Discontent about rising gas/electricity/food thread and a mum on there is in the same boat as you. Perhaps you can give each other ideas and support.
My brother and his wife got married in August 2021 and are expecting a little girl ( if the scan is correct) in November 2022. I already have a niece and nephew, but have barely seen my niece ( she was 2 and a bit when I last saw her) and have never met my nephew, as they live in my homeland. My brother and his wife live in Paris, and I am in the suburbs, so Iā€™ll actually get to see my niece regularly, hurrah! I volunteer as tribute for all the babysitting and have bought her quite a few things already ( giraffe šŸ¦’ and duck šŸ¦†/goose themed).
Since working in a Montessori school and the creche where I was being Montessori-inspired, I am a big fan of wooden, simple toys,rather than the flashing, noisy plastic toys I used to buy for the children I nannied/babysat/tutored. My sister also prefers wooden toys and has said no Lego/plastic stuff unless itā€™s second hand! I do love Lego though, but maybe once my nephew is 3 itā€™ll be more acceptable.
I have seen Lovevery boxes and think they look so cool, but man, they are expensive!

Reactions: 4
It isn't selfish at all. Not even one bit. Lets be brutally honest here, noone on earth would wish for a child with any sort of difficulties, physical or mental - because life is already bloody hard enough! That doesn't mean you don't love the bones off T2 or that you aren't an amazing mum. You very clearly are. It's human to feel that way and so bleeping brave to admit it. You've all been dealt a crappy bleeping hand and it isn't fair and anyone who expects you to feel otherwise is in denial and frankly, a bleep. I challenge anyone to walk in your shoes and not feel the same. Despite all this, you constantly do your best and show up for that little girl which is more selflessness and love than many folk can muster in a whole lifetime! Nevermind with other babes and a partner who works away from home. You are an absolute bleeping superstar. Don't ever forget it and don't ever feel guilty for the hard times. Resent as much as you need to and vent as much as you can. That little girl knows how much you love her, none of this changes that.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It isn't selfish at all. Not even one bit. Lets be brutally honest here, noone on earth would wish for a child with any sort of difficulties, physical or mental - because life is already bloody hard enough! That doesn't mean you don't love the bones off T2 or that you aren't an amazing mum. You very clearly are. It's human to feel that way and so bleeping brave to admit it. You've all been dealt a crappy bleeping hand and it isn't fair and anyone who expects you to feel otherwise is in denial and frankly, a bleep. I challenge anyone to walk in your shoes and not feel the same. Despite all this, you constantly do your best and show up for that little girl which is more selflessness and love than many folk can muster in a whole lifetime! Nevermind with other babes and a partner who works away from home. You are an absolute bleeping superstar. Don't ever forget it and don't ever feel guilty for the hard times. Resent as much as you need to and vent as much as you can. That little girl knows how much you love her, none of this changes that.
I knew you could do funny, but this got me right in the feels!
But youā€™ve said it perfectly, @Iā€™mThankyou_ youā€™re an absolute trooper and thereā€™s no shame in admitting that you donā€™t find it easy, in fact itā€™s hugely courageous. No advice at all just know that weā€™re all here to support you ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
All of this. I cannot add anything.
Your feelings and emotions are completely valid šŸ¤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I knew you could do funny, but this got me right in the feels!
But youā€™ve said it perfectly, @Iā€™mThankyou_ youā€™re an absolute trooper and thereā€™s no shame in admitting that you donā€™t find it easy, in fact itā€™s hugely courageous. No advice at all just know that weā€™re all here to support you ā¤
I donā€™t generally dabble with meaningful, I usually have nothing helpful to add advice wise as I have no bleeping clue what Iā€™m doing most of the time šŸ¤£ Iā€™m that friend who backs away slowly and awkwardly pats you on the head saying ā€œthere thereā€ šŸ’€šŸ˜‚

Every now and then though I have a rare moment of utility šŸ˜… canā€™t bare thinking mama thank you is beating herself up over anything. Or any of you honestly, we are all rockstars in our own ways. Different problems but all loving unconditionally. What more can you ask for honestly?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Itā€™s awful seeing them suffer isnā€™t it? Poor Little Pidge, it must have been a bit of a miserable time for you all but I suppose at least sheā€™s got quite a few of them over with in one fell swoop! Thanks for the tips ladies (@WhatABore and @Lilykins too) - sending speedy teething vibes to anyone who is in the same boat šŸ„°
it really has been, particularly with Noravirus thrown into the mixā€¦ absolute tit cocktail in our house recently BUT sheā€™s a lot brighter and seems to be managing it so much better! It does get easier I promise šŸ˜‚ lots of distractions seem to help too!
I didnā€™t expect them all to come so fast!

@Crazycatlady18, I will continue to wait for the first tooth comment! Howā€™s she doing today? And howā€™s being back at work? Iā€™m back at the end of the month!
I feel really guilty as Iā€™m not putting little pidge in nursery yet, I really want to (friends/independence etc.) but my OCD canā€™t handle it! Iā€™m hoping as therapy goes on, Iā€™ll be able to!

Girl, you and the word selfish do not belong in a sentence together so pack that right in!
Try not to worry, if sheā€™s happy and hydrated then Iā€™m sure sheā€™s absolutely fine. ā¤ (I should take my own advice sometimes šŸ„“šŸ˜‚)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She wakes up and throws herself around but she won't take a feed she'll just whinge until she tires herself out again
Sorry, I didnā€™t read your post properly first of all, I just picked up on the milk intakeā€¦ Iā€™m glad you have this safe space to say how you feel without judgement because thatā€™s a heavy load to carry. Having a child that isnā€™t medically ā€˜wellā€™ is tough, the extra worry, appointments etc, added to another two whole other humans to care for. Just know weā€™re always here for when it gets too tough to handle, not physically but lots of love & support. I know the girls are similar age to baby Waka, In terms of milk does she require anymore for her age as baby Waka only had about 8oz today x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.