New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't be annoyed at yourself. It's easily done!
I've lost count how many times I've come down in the morning and the bottles are left in the water!

Men just don't seem to have that part of common sense.
You would think that would be the sensible thing to do 🤦🏻‍♀️
Yeah I think it was just another reminder that basically it’s on me for a lot of stuff because he just doesn’t think the way I do or even think of it as his responsibility 😐

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
We all slept in the bedroom for the first time since conception!! Hurray for pink noise!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Can someone reassure me that babies/toddlers throwing themselves backwards when crying/screaming is normal toddler behaviour. She keeps having screaming fits and then arching her back and throwing herself backwards, she did it a couple of times in the night and loads yesterday. She’s had tantrums before but these are different level, almost like she’s in pain but then she just snaps out of it 🤷🏼‍♀️ Is this just toddler behaviour?! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
KW sometimes had an over exaggerated achoo after he sneezes. Did a big one earlier and scared Little Bluebird out of her nap. He’s now asleep while she’s napping on me and I’m watching my cup of tea across the room getting colder and colder. 🙄

🙋‍♀️ Does tea reheat well* like coffee?

*well is relative, I know. But I’m wasting so much tea and I have to go to the expat store to get the good Yorkshire tea that I like 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 1
KW sometimes had an over exaggerated achoo after he sneezes. Did a big one earlier and scared Little Bluebird out of her nap. He’s now asleep while she’s napping on me and I’m watching my cup of tea across the room getting colder and colder. 🙄

*well is relative, I know. But I’m wasting so much tea and I have to go to the expat store to get the good Yorkshire tea that I like 🙄
Why not get a thermos cup? That way it can be ready and waiting when you get to it, still toasty!
It reheats ok though in the microwave.

Can someone reassure me that babies/toddlers throwing themselves backwards when crying/screaming is normal toddler behaviour. She keeps having screaming fits and then arching her back and throwing herself backwards, she did it a couple of times in the night and loads yesterday. She’s had tantrums before but these are different level, almost like she’s in pain but then she just snaps out of it 🤷🏼‍♀️ Is this just toddler behaviour?! 😂
Yes. Yes it is normal. Well, not normal for the general population, but for lunatic toddlers, yes 🤣
It’s like they come over all possessed by a demonic spirit for a few moments

• Haha
For anyone interested… we had a slightly better night with brown noise, but she gained another tooth yest so maybe we just had bad nights before because of the tooth working it’s way out. I shall try pink noise tonight for comparison.
How loud do I need to blast it though? I’m playing it through an iPhone

Reactions: 4
Poor Baby Cupcake is really suffering with his teeth, we had a very rough night last night 😵💫 can I alternate nurofen with calpol? Any other tips? We’ve got little teething toys in the freezer and are using anbesol gel.

It’s been one hell of a week. The most crying ever. A week of 5.30am wake ups, she’s exhausted.
She’s napping and we’re at the 2hr mark and I usually cap them at 2hours. I’m thinking just let her catch up. She obviously needs it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My 6 week old is really struggling - got such a bunged up nose and so snuffly. Means he can’t settle. On top of that my toddler is wild 🤣🤪🥴

Poor Baby Cupcake is really suffering with his teeth, we had a very rough night last night 😵💫 can I alternate nurofen with calpol? Any other tips? We’ve got little teething toys in the freezer and are using anbesol gel.
You can use nurofen and calpol together.
The teething powders are really good if you haven’t tried them!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m still in bed with BabyShark. She woke at 6am we had cuddles and had her dancing fruit fix with MrShark downstairs and he came back up with her when he went to work at 8am.
She’s been asleep since, I forgot how easy it is having just one child!
This is the first time since having her that I’ve had no one else to look after, no breakfasts to make or clubs to take the kids to. The day I came back from hospital I was cooking tea for us all. I’m soaking up today because I absolutely needed this without knowing it !

• Heart
Why not get a thermos cup? That way it can be ready and waiting when you get to it, still toasty!
It reheats ok though in the microwave.

Yes. Yes it is normal. Well, not normal for the general population, but for lunatic toddlers, yes 🤣
It’s like they come over all possessed by a demonic spirit for a few moments

I’m unsure if I’m reassured this is normal or terrified for the next few years. The house were in is really old and it’s quite creepy at night I think, so I found myself genuinely worrying at 1am that she was being possessed 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
You can use them both together, yeah. So I'd do 2 hours calpol, 2 hours nurofen.
Just make sure your nurofen is ibroprofen though as they do do Paracetamol version and they don't look much different. Same as Calpol do ibroprofen in the same colour packaging

Just realised my post may have sounded slightly aggressive, as in I was yelling “WELL WHY NOT DO THIS?” Apologies, it wasn’t meant that way!
No, no! Not at all, your post wasn’t aggressive. The oh DUH was meant for me not you. More like silly me, why didn’t I think of that. So now I need to apologize for sounding condescending.

• Heart
You can use them both together, yeah. So I'd do 2 hours calpol, 2 hours nurofen.
Just make sure your nurofen is ibroprofen though as they do do Paracetamol version and they don't look much different. Same as Calpol do ibroprofen in the same colour packaging
Oh man, I feel you on the teething! Little pidge got her first tooth exactly 4 weeks ago to this day. We are now on number 7 or 8 😩 I’m hoping there’s a break somewhere after the fronts are all through!

I had a chat with the doc about teething and if it’s not working (calpol) you can give ibruprophen after 45mins (same with temperatures) but we haven’t got to this stage yet.
teetha powder and calpol together seem to be working for us for now! Hope things get a little easier @cupcake_face 🦷

Oh man, I feel you on the teething! Little pidge got her first tooth exactly 4 weeks ago to this day. We are now on number 7 or 8 😩 I’m hoping there’s a break somewhere after the fronts are all through!

I had a chat with the doc about teething and if it’s not working (calpol) you can give ibruprophen after 45mins (same with temperatures) but we haven’t got to this stage yet.
teetha powder and calpol together seem to be working for us for now! Hope things get a little easier @cupcake_face 🦷
It’s awful seeing them suffer isn’t it? Poor Little Pidge, it must have been a bit of a miserable time for you all but I suppose at least she’s got quite a few of them over with in one fell swoop! Thanks for the tips ladies (@WhatABore and @Lilykins too) - sending speedy teething vibes to anyone who is in the same boat 🥰

No, no! Not at all, your post wasn’t aggressive. The oh DUH was meant for me not you. More like silly me, why didn’t I think of that. So now I need to apologize for sounding condescending.
I think we’ve found the politest little corner of the internet 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

This is the MVP of my maternity leave - Stanley Classic Trigger Action Travel Mug 0.47L Hammertone Green Leakproof Cup - Hot & Cold Thermos Bottle - Insulated Tumbler for Coffee, Tea & Water - BPA Stainless-Steel Travel Flask https://amzn.eu/d/aqIYEwa

Hybrid flask/travel mug that’s totally leakproof so can be chucked in the nappy bag for hands free/doesn’t leave annoying drips when I’m finished.
I actually love it so much. Saves money on buying brews out and as I’ve got to be dairy free, means I can have a milky brew as I like it, rather than begrudgingly paying for a black coffee or whatever while I’m out, or drinking one at baby group. Plus I usually drink decaf, so stops me getting too overly buzzed.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.