New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh man, I feel you on the teething! Little pidge got her first tooth exactly 4 weeks ago to this day. We are now on number 7 or 8 😩 I’m hoping there’s a break somewhere after the fronts are all through!

I had a chat with the doc about teething and if it’s not working (calpol) you can give ibruprophen after 45mins (same with temperatures) but we haven’t got to this stage yet.
teetha powder and calpol together seem to be working for us for now! Hope things get a little easier @cupcake_face 🦷
We are Still toothless 😂

Reactions: 1
For anyone interested… we had a slightly better night with brown noise, but she gained another tooth yest so maybe we just had bad nights before because of the tooth working it’s way out. I shall try pink noise tonight for comparison.
How loud do I need to blast it though? I’m playing it through an iPhone
Fingers crossed!
Biting boy here has just got another tooth through this morning and has been way less bitey thank god.
Roll on some better nights of kip 🙌🏾

• Heart
KW sometimes had an over exaggerated achoo after he sneezes. Did a big one earlier and scared Little Bluebird out of her nap. He’s now asleep while she’s napping on me and I’m watching my cup of tea across the room getting colder and colder. 🙄

🙋‍♀️ Does tea reheat well* like coffee?

*well is relative, I know. But I’m wasting so much tea and I have to go to the expat store to get the good Yorkshire tea that I like 🙄
Totally second what @Definitelyme said about a thermos cup, I have two and I never have tea or coffee in a normal mug anymore!! You can get the ones that keep it hot for 8 hours so no matter what you'll have hot tea at all times!! 🤣🤣 makes a crappy day a bit less crappy if I can have hot tea!!

Oh man, I feel you on the teething! Little pidge got her first tooth exactly 4 weeks ago to this day. We are now on number 7 or 8 😩 I’m hoping there’s a break somewhere after the fronts are all through!

I had a chat with the doc about teething and if it’s not working (calpol) you can give ibruprophen after 45mins (same with temperatures) but we haven’t got to this stage yet.
teetha powder and calpol together seem to be working for us for now! Hope things get a little easier @cupcake_face 🦷
Omg that’s a lot of teeth all at once 😩 although I sort of would like to get a few boxed off with each round of upset.

Totally second what @Definitelyme said about a thermos cup, I have two and I never have tea or coffee in a normal mug anymore!! You can get the ones that keep it hot for 8 hours so no matter what you'll have hot tea at all times!! 🤣🤣 makes a crappy day a bit less crappy if I can have hot tea!!
For some reason it won’t let me double quote but I actually have a klean canteen thermos that I bought years ago to use to sneak tea into the cinema — insulated and leak proof!

Baby brain had me totally forgetting about it. It’s cleaned and ready to go for tomorrow. Husband actually hates the thermos because it keeps it so hot for so long and he never remembers that it’s the same temperature as the boiling water that went into it and burns himself.

And this is the nicest corner of the internet! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm one of those that is always told to stop apologising. And then I apologise for apologising 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
For anyone interested… we had a slightly better night with brown noise, but she gained another tooth yest so maybe we just had bad nights before because of the tooth working it’s way out. I shall try pink noise tonight for comparison.
How loud do I need to blast it though? I’m playing it through an iPhone
I blast it like 3/4 volume as soon as swaddling the babies and they fall asleep instantly A few minutes later I turn it down

Just woken up and baby Rita had wriggled herself to one side of the cot and had her face squished up against the side. I’m now terrified to go back to sleep 😂😫
Baby B was doing this since he was a few days old. I woke up and he was squigged right up against it. I fully believe in mothers instinct, as he was fast asleep, and not sure what it was that woke me up

Baby brain had me totally forgetting about it. It’s cleaned and ready to go for tomorrow. Husband actually hates the thermos because it keeps it so hot for so long and he never remembers that it’s the same temperature as the boiling water that went into it and burns himself.

And this is the nicest corner of the internet! ❤
I am exactly like your husband! I hate thermos cups for that reason the amount of burn ulcers I get from them, so I just microwave everything.

Tiny KW moan, we’ve been to see my family today I drove home and he wanted to put the football on the radio now it’s back 🙄 which is fine BUT he fell asleep! And had his phone in the aux cable so I couldn’t even put Spotify on.
I had to drive 55 miles listening to football radio on my own while they both slept. Such a pathetic moan but I would’ve loved a sing along on my own in the car 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Went to a pub for a lunch with a friend. T2 kept staring at this family and I was thinking why is my baby being such a creep. Then I clocked the toddler was watching bloody peppa pig on a phone and t2 was watching it too 😂.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I don’t know what to do with baby. He’s constantly falling and banging his head. He done it twice today within 10 minutes (he fell out the back door - there’s no height, but I think the bit at the bottom confused him - and then his toddler brother jumped at something knocking him over…
I think I’m going to have to invest in a little crash helmet. He had some calpol after the second incident, as I would not be surprised if it gave him a headache 😭
He is now properly on the move, and has the whole of downstairs at his knees. Pray for me

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm taking small demon to the garden centre on my own tomorrow and I'm already regretting it, I'm fully expecting to come away having spent £10,000 on those fancy garden centre jellycat toys he will chew for 30 seconds just to shut him up 😅

Just realised chew toys makes him sound like one of the hounds but tbf, that's a reasonable assessment, he's probably more feral than they are

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.