New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, I didn’t read your post properly first of all, I just picked up on the milk intake… I’m glad you have this safe space to say how you feel without judgement because that’s a heavy load to carry. Having a child that isn’t medically ‘well’ is tough, the extra worry, appointments etc, added to another two whole other humans to care for. Just know we’re always here for when it gets too tough to handle, not physically but lots of love & support. I know the girls are similar age to baby Waka, In terms of milk does she require anymore for her age as baby Waka only had about 8oz today x
Thank you everyone Mr TY is at the pub so it's just me alone, despite the fact I should actually be out tonight at my friend's anniversary meal so I'm wound up about that too🙄
I'm not sure tbh Mama Waka, I only worry as they were preemies and a low birth weight so it's always been drilled into us from discharge that intake is so important

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Thank you everyone Mr TY is at the pub so it's just me alone, despite the fact I should actually be out tonight at my friend's anniversary meal so I'm wound up about that too🙄
I'm not sure tbh Mama Waka, I only worry as they were preemies and a low birth weight so it's always been drilled into us from discharge that intake is so important
Bless you so it’s always in the back of your mind to get as much as you can into her. She’s done what she can do for today and tomorrow is a new day. I feel silly giving too much advice on milk because you’re so knowledgeable yourself and I’m no HV but have they had their 10-12 month check to check their current centile? I know HV have let down many people across England so this may also not even be an option 😞
Mr. ThankYou Knowbwaffling hard tonight 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻 A night with friends sounds like what you would have just needed

Reactions: 4
Hey everyone just checking in I haven’t caught up yet I’ve worked weird days last week but finally orange has three more teeth cut and slightly better sleep me being a sucker for punishment drank tit loads yesterday and I had to make myself sick at 3am lol so I didn’t even get to enjoy the sleep! I will catch up tonight but love to you all and I hope all of babies have a settled night for us to sleep xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So after yesterday, baby managed TWO naps today, took a while to get to bed but has stayed asleep for long enough for me to watch an entire film (and eat an entire tub of Ben and jerrys). Honestly I think I cried most of yesterday from stress and exhaustion so glad today has been a smidge more manageable!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
So after yesterday, baby managed TWO naps today, took a while to get to bed but has stayed asleep for long enough for me to watch an entire film (and eat an entire tub of Ben and jerrys). Honestly I think I cried most of yesterday from stress and exhaustion so glad today has been a smidge more manageable!
Yayyyy!!! Great news 😊 😊 long May it last!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Baby won’t wake up for her last feed she normally has before I go to sleep so I’m fully prepared to be awake again in a couple of hours which will probably be as soon as I actually manage to fall asleep 🙃 I even changed her nappy and she’s still fast asleep and has her mouth clamped shut

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Happy first birthday @Babyyoda88 🥳🎂
Thank you! 🥰 😘😘
Hope the I’m thank yous are all ok x x

Happy @Babyyoda88 day, I hope bub isn't as halfcut as their namesake :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :m:m:m
haha! Not far off!! Thank you! Hope you and Tommy are ok 🥰

@Babyyoda88 Happy birthday to tiny babyyoda🥳 I hope you’ve all had a lovely day celebrating. It’s been a tough year for you all so you definitely deserve it x
Thank you so much. We’re having a lovely time so far! X

Yes my kw is always like this! If we’re tidying up the house for visitors etc he will decide to clean something totally random like the inside of the wardrobe (true story) rather than being useful and hoovering the living room 🙃.

Happy birthday baby @Babyyoda88 hope you’re having a lovely weekend celebrating together ❤🎂
Thank you! We had a lovely tea party at my parents today and we’re at the lakes tomorrow. Hope you’re having a lovely weekend!

• Heart
it really has been, particularly with Noravirus thrown into the mix… absolute tit cocktail in our house recently BUT she’s a lot brighter and seems to be managing it so much better! It does get easier I promise 😂 lots of distractions seem to help too!
I didn’t expect them all to come so fast!

@Crazycatlady18, I will continue to wait for the first tooth comment! How’s she doing today? And how’s being back at work? I’m back at the end of the month!
I feel really guilty as I’m not putting little pidge in nursery yet, I really want to (friends/independence etc.) but my OCD can’t handle it! I’m hoping as therapy goes on, I’ll be able to!

Girl, you and the word selfish do not belong in a sentence together so pack that right in!
Try not to worry, if she’s happy and hydrated then I’m sure she’s absolutely fine. ❤ (I should take my own advice sometimes 🥴😂)
Awww I get it, it’s so hard taking her to nursery.💕💕
Work is ok thank you, it’s a mix of good & bad, good to be the old me and have adult conversation and use my brain again, bad because I dislike her being in nursery (she is fine though) and I just sit and think about her! She’s having a hard time adjusting to her new routine. She is usually the most chilled baby but we’ve had lots of big tears this week.
Hopefully she’ll settle down soon and we’ll get some teeth 😂

Thank you! 🥰 😘😘
Hope the I’m thank yous are all ok x x

haha! Not far off!! Thank you! Hope you and Tommy are ok 🥰

Thank you so much. We’re having a lovely time so far! X

Thank you! We had a lovely tea party at my parents today and we’re at the lakes tomorrow. Hope you’re having a lovely weekend!
Happy first birthday baby yoda x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Baby Runner is having what is her longest ever chunk of sleep (Shes been asleep since 8pm…) so am I asleep too enjoying it?! Nope, Toddler Runner is awake. It’s like kids know?!?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Baby woke me up with the loudest noise so I was expecting the messiest nappy to change. Had he pooped? nope just the loudest fart I’ve ever heard from such a small human 😂

• Haha
Baby woke me up with the loudest noise so I was expecting the messiest nappy to change. Had he pooped? nope just the loudest fart I’ve ever heard from such a small human 😂
It's crazy how loud they can fart when they're so tiny. 🙈😂

Reactions: 3
Kw weekly nomination - he went to the football yesterday, didn’t even drink but is “too tired” to get up this morning at 6am with the babies. So I’m doing it all. I don’t normally mind but I’m going to Scotland for 3 weeks tomorrow to stay with my parents. He’s only joining us for the last week so has 2 weeks of lie ins and his own time. Wish I could just roll over and pretend not to hear the babies crying when they wake up 😒

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I knew you could do funny, but this got me right in the feels!
But you’ve said it perfectly, @I’mThankyou_ you’re an absolute trooper and there’s no shame in admitting that you don’t find it easy, in fact it’s hugely courageous. No advice at all just know that we’re all here to support you ❤
Awww I get it, it’s so hard taking her to nursery.💕💕
Work is ok thank you, it’s a mix of good & bad, good to be the old me and have adult conversation and use my brain again, bad because I dislike her being in nursery (she is fine though) and I just sit and think about her! She’s having a hard time adjusting to her new routine. She is usually the most chilled baby but we’ve had lots of big tears this week.
Hopefully she’ll settle down soon and we’ll get some teeth 😂

Happy first birthday baby yoda x
If it helps at all, my niece cried like it was the end of the world when my sister left her at the childminder’s. My sister felt terrible leaving her, but once she had left, she got a text to say that my niece was fine, she stopped crying and was perfectly happy.
Please don’t feel bad or guilty, your child is going to be well looked after and will have lots of fun, and you get to enjoy drinks while they are still hot, adult conversation and mental stimulation!
It will get easier!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Had an hours party at 2.30 - the dogs slept on the bed for the first time in ages, and for the first time since the baby has been obsessed with them. She woke up, somehow knew they were there and got SO excited, went crawling down the bed babbling and giggling. Left it a minute then flashed my phone light over and there she was with her head on the dogs belly waving at me and laughing, wee terror 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
So Everleigh slept until 6.55 this morning 👀
Of course I didn't though. Convinced myself she was dead 😂
She has never slept that long.
She's only ever slept past 5.30 maybe once or twice. And even then, she was still awake by 6.

• Heart
  • Wow
So Everleigh slept until 6.55 this morning 👀
Of course I didn't though. Convinced myself she was dead 😂
She has never slept that long.
She's only ever slept past 5.30 maybe once or twice. And even then, she was still awake by 6.
Good girl Everleigh!!!

I've just managed to bake for the first time in 8 weeks. 🙏🏻 Have missed it so much, now just to remember to get it out of the oven. 😂

• Heart
I've just managed to bake for the first time in 8 weeks. 🙏🏻 Have missed it so much, now just to remember to get it out of the oven. 😂
Same! I made a lovely chocolate cake then it got hot, we don’t even fancy it in the heat now!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.