New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How long did it take everyone’s little ones to settle in to nursery? I know it’s day two so I’m not expecting miracles but she’s so out of sorts. She just whinges all evening and was really hungry again and absolutely knackered and fell asleep early 😵💫 the control freak in me is feeling very out of control

Not quite the same, but when my parents look after my kids when I work, the little ones are always exhausted afterwards. And that lasts the whole time my parents have them, until they start school. I think just the change in routine throws them, and for mine they don’t get the same level of sleep with my parents. So the tiredness (and associated lovely whinging 😩) may be around for a while x

Hello I'm new here I have a 9 week old (10 weeks tomorrow 😩) we are in the midst of leap 2 and he js a clingy sweaty gammon and I am living off coffee. Happy to be here 🥰
You fit right in already! Welcome!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hello I'm new here I have a 9 week old (10 weeks tomorrow 😩) we are in the midst of leap 2 and he js a clingy sweaty gammon and I am living off coffee. Happy to be here 🥰
Hello and welcome!!! My bub is 8 weeks and also super clingy at the moment ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
How long did it take everyone’s little ones to settle in to nursery? I know it’s day two so I’m not expecting miracles but she’s so out of sorts. She just whinges all evening and was really hungry again and absolutely knackered and fell asleep early 😵💫 the control freak in me is feeling very out of control
A few weeks - but they settle quicker if they go every day as opposed to if they just do one day a week. Part of them settling is also you getting used to it though and making a ‘new’ routine.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you for all of the Haakaa / breastfeeding / lovevery (not the sex you shop) help!
We’re not doing the toy subscription as it’s stupid expensive now that I’ve thought about it. I still need to call the lactation consultant but tonight my breasts seemed more full, but she was also eating less frequently
She seems to be out of her eating every hour growth spurt, at least tonight, so that’s good. We had her weighed today. She was back to her birth weight 10 days after she was born (3.795kg) and today, 3 weeks later, she was 4.551kg, so safe to say she’s gaining weight and eating well, definitely getting enough breast milk.

Ill be 4 weeks pp on Thursday from my section and I gave her her first bath tonight. Man. My upper body got weak. My husband will be leaving in 3-4 weeks so I need to start bathing her alone and doing other stuff alone, but I’m lacking so much muscle it hurts 🤣🤣🤣🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Might have to watch it again, don't think I need anything else to piss this small demon off, give him his Ekin fix and reduce hurricane Tom :ROFLMAO:
I need her and Davide to host every show on every channel. Ekin for the kid Davide for me 😰

I couldn’t watch again Luca and Paige annoyed me from day 1 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Nope 🙃 it’s the only one that opens early enough for me to be at work by 8 so my options are limited. She’s on a waiting list for another one but it opens at 8 so don’t know what I’ll do if I even get a place
Nursery hours are such a nightmare. I’m already feeling guilty that I’ll be signing baby author up for the extra breakfast and teatime slots as otherwise there’s no way I can make it to and from work in time to make collection. From what I can tell as a first timer not yet using it (but signed up to start when I return to work) nothing about nursery childcare seems particularly user friendly - super expensive, inflexibility on drop off and pick up times and the slightest illness they are sent home (although appreciate that it’s important to try and stop bugs spreading on that last one, especially after covid, even if from what I hear the amount of bugs doing the rounds at nurseries/schools is insane even with the send home policy).

Ill be 4 weeks pp on Thursday from my section and I gave her her first bath tonight. Man. My upper body got weak. My husband will be leaving in 3-4 weeks so I need to start bathing her alone and doing other stuff alone, but I’m lacking so much muscle it hurts 🤣🤣🤣🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️
No advice on the upper body strength other than to say I feel like Ive been playing catch up from the start trying to get strong enough to comfortably lift baby A. He’s now 6 something kg and boy do I feel it. What is it they say - lift with your knees not your back?! 😖🫠 I hope you have better luck than me!

Reactions: 2
Oh. My. God.
I put little one to bed and I hadn’t left the room and she started coughing and chocking on some reflux and started crying so i lifted her out the cot to resettled her and she did the most enormous projectile all over the cot and the floor. Before I’d even registered what was happening she did another over my shoulder all over the drawers and floor. She’s never done that before but tit me it comes out with some force and makes a tight mess

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh. My. God.
I put little one to bed and I hadn’t left the room and she started coughing and chocking on some reflux and started crying so i lifted her out the cot to resettled her and she did the most enormous projectile all over the cot and the floor. Before I’d even registered what was happening she did another over my shoulder all over the drawers and floor. She’s never done that before but tit me it comes out with some force and makes a tight mess
You’ve had a tough few days, a nice projectile vomit is just the cherry on top, eh? Hope she settles soon and no more sick (and that it’s not in your hair or you’ll be smelling it all night) ❤

• Haha
You’ve had a tough few days, a nice projectile vomit is just the cherry on top, eh? Hope she settles soon and no more sick (and that it’s not in your hair or you’ll be smelling it all night) ❤
I always have phantom sick whiff 😂 bless her, poor kid doesn’t know what’s happened to her this week. Why does projectile feel like so much milk as well 😂

Nursery hours are such a nightmare. I’m already feeling guilty that I’ll be signing baby author up for the extra breakfast and teatime slots as otherwise there’s no way I can make it to and from work in time to make collection. From what I can tell as a first timer not yet using it (but signed up to start when I return to work) nothing about nursery childcare seems particularly user friendly - super expensive, inflexibility on drop off and pick up times and the slightest illness they are sent home (although appreciate that it’s important to try and stop bugs spreading on that last one, especially after covid, even if from what I hear the amount of bugs doing the rounds at nurseries/schools is insane even with the send home policy).

No advice on the upper body strength other than to say I feel like Ive been playing catch up from the start trying to get strong enough to comfortably lift baby A. He’s now 6 something kg and boy do I feel it. What is it they say - lift with your knees not your back?! 😖🫠 I hope you have better luck than me!
So I think to an extent it depends on the nursery, to put your mind slightly at ease. Our nursery opens at 8.30 and closes at 5.30, you can drop them off between 8.30-9 and you have 10 minutes past your pickup times to pick them up (so a degree of flexibility). In terms of sickness, again, ours is only a high temp/sickness/vomiting so they won’t send them home with a cold (which explains why so many of them go around!!). On the whole I’ve found them quite flexible, although it is expensive for sure! Like I said, probably varies wildly by nursery but yeah some are definitely more easy going than others!

My nursery isn’t too bad. Of course the don’t do work friendly times but I pay for the full day 8-6 so I can drop her off from 8 and have til 6 to pick her up and I pay in full for the month in advance. The app they use has a thing where I can say what time I’m collecting her too x

Thank you for all of the Haakaa / breastfeeding / lovevery (not the sex you shop) help!
We’re not doing the toy subscription as it’s stupid expensive now that I’ve thought about it. I still need to call the lactation consultant but tonight my breasts seemed more full, but she was also eating less frequently
She seems to be out of her eating every hour growth spurt, at least tonight, so that’s good. We had her weighed today. She was back to her birth weight 10 days after she was born (3.795kg) and today, 3 weeks later, she was 4.551kg, so safe to say she’s gaining weight and eating well, definitely getting enough breast milk.

Well done mama! You're obviously doing a brilliant job with the feeding and she's thriving 😊 there is so much to second guess with breastfeeding but hopefully that weight has given you lots of reassurance.

Hope you start feeling stronger soon, it's tough going and when they're so little and you need to really support their head etc they almost feel heavier than when they are bigger and you can be a bit less careful because it's so awkward at first! I'm sure you'll find it easier in no time though, your strength will come back.

• Heart
Hello, I have two silly questions for you all…

1. those doing BLW - how did you help little one with slippery fruit/veg like peaches or avocado? I’ve tried rolling them in desiccated coconut but that just slides off as well 😭 baby o is getting frustrated and we’ve had a few near misses with choking where it’s slipped out of her hand and down her throat

2. we’re in pull up nappies now as she wriggles around so much she loosens the waist band on normal nappies but how do you deal with big poos and getting them off? When I try they flip inside out and smear poo everywhere 🙃

We had the same here and she was only in for 3 hours today 😑 she came home and slept for 2 hours! I hope little crazy cat gets used to it soon. How many days is she in?

Praying to the god of nursery germs that we are not getting ill AGAIN, finally covid negative but think I might have tonsillitis now… 😵💫

• Heart
We had the same here and she was only in for 3 hours today 😑 she came home and slept for 2 hours! I hope little crazy cat gets used to it soon. How many days is she in?

Praying to the god of nursery germs that we are not getting ill AGAIN, finally covid negative but think I might have tonsillitis now… 😵💫
She’s in there 4 days a week and my parents have her 1 day a week. She’s probably just worn out from being on the go with other babies she’s not used to it, it’s probably a bit full on when we’ve just done from me & her bumbling about our day to a room full of babies and strangers 😂

1. those doing BLW - how did you help little one with slippery fruit/veg like peaches or avocado? I’ve tried rolling them in desiccated coconut but that just slides off as well 😭 baby o is getting frustrated and we’ve had a few near misses with choking where it’s slipped out of her hand and down her throat

2. we’re in pull up nappies now as she wriggles around so much she loosens the waist band on normal nappies but how do you deal with big poos and getting them off? When I try they flip inside out and smear poo everywhere 🙃
You should be able to rip them from the sides? X

With pull up nappies, I tear the sides 😊

With avocado I would leave a bit of the skin on for them to grip on to (wash the skin really well first) and similar with peach I think? I can't quite remember but you could check on solid starts, they might have a suggestion!

Tear them at the sides 😊

With the foods, if possible just leave some skin on to give a bit of grip. You can also cut them with a crinkle cutter which sometimes helps give a bit more grip, and as you say for some things rolling in chia seeds/hemp seeds etc can help as well.
Generally, I think if they can’t yet pick it up then they just can’t yet eat it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.