New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random question to those with older babies/children: what age did your little ones’ eyes start changing colour? I find myself analysing baby author’s eyes every day looking for a change totally missing the point that it will probably happen so gradually that I won’t notice 😂 I’m fascinated by it though to see what colour they end up
About 6 months the colour stopped changing and pretty much are brown now. She’s now 9mo

Reactions: 1
We are the same as @Definitelyme, both my girls have kept their blue eyes.

Our nursery are actually pretty good. They’re open 8-6 and you can pay extra to drop them at 7.30. I haven’t used this as have just resigned myself to always being the last in at school. In terms of the after nursery whining- I genuinely don’t think my first stopped this until she was about 3 and even now if it’s been a particularly busy day she can cry form the moment I pick up until bed! It’s just so tiring for them.

ETA also look up negative emotional release. It’s all about how babies and children hold in their big feelings at nursery and school and release them when they’re with their safest people ie mum and dad

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Random question to those with older babies/children: what age did your little ones’ eyes start changing colour? I find myself analysing baby author’s eyes every day looking for a change totally missing the point that it will probably happen so gradually that I won’t notice 😂 I’m fascinated by it though to see what colour they end up
The eldest changed to a really piercing blue when he was around 5ish months old and they've been the same ever since. (Was a shock as both me and Mr TY are brown eyed brown haired and he has the most beautiful blue eyes and red hair)
The twins had black eyes till they were about 2 months old, think that was a preemie thing. By about 7 months old they settled on Hazel and brown eyes.

We are the same as @Definitelyme, both my girls have kept their blue eyes.

Our nursery are actually pretty good. They’re open 8-6 and you can pay extra to drop them at 7.30. I haven’t used this as have just resigned myself to always being the last in at school. In terms of the after nursery whining- I genuinely don’t think my first stopped this until she was about 3 and even now if it’s been a particularly busy day she can cry form the moment I pick up until bed! It’s just so tiring for them.

ETA also look up negative emotional release. It’s all about how babies and children hold in their big feelings at nursery and school and release them when they’re with their safest people ie mum and dad
That’s so interesting as this morning she was so upset, pushing me away but crying more if I went out of sight. I guess she’s angry at me for leaving her.
Today she’s with my mum & dad and was really pleased to see them so I feel really sad now because she’s so pissed with me. I don’t know how to g cheer her up, it’s all new to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That’s so interesting as this morning she was so upset, pushing me away but crying more if I went out of sight. I guess she’s angry at me for leaving her.
Today she’s with my mum & dad and was really pleased to see them so I feel really sad now because she’s so pissed with me. I don’t know how to g cheer her up, it’s all new to me.
I don’t think she’s angry at you if it makes you feel better, I’m not sure they have the emotional maturity to attribute an emotion like anger to a person and situation if that makes sense? She’s probably just tired and overwhelmed, it’s been a huge week for you both. Try not to beat yourself up ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Don't feel guilty! She won't be angry at you at all, more likely she's just so overwhelmed and your her emotional outlet and safe space. I
It does get easier for them❤

• Heart
My oldest 2 have brown eyes now. Quite dark brown.
But up until age 2/2 and a half, they were a greeny grey with a tiny hint of brown colour.
Everleigh's are bluey grey at the minute (16 months) but I looked back at my 4yo at the same age and hers were the same colour at this age. So I presume Everleigh's will go brown too

@calmyourritas how did you and baby Rita get on with the jabs? Sorry if I've missed a post already x
Thankyou for asking ❤ It was fine! She screamed and cried when they did it but then slept most of the afternoon/evening. She didn’t have a temperature or anything but I gave her calpol once we got home and then another dose 4 hours later.

I mentioned to the dr about my recurring UTI because I’m conscious they only picked up on it in pregnancy as they were testing my urine so often, and I could still have one without knowing so she’s sent another sample off to see. My feet can still get really swollen too so I’m also being sent for blood tests and going for another kidney scan to see if the hydronephrosis is still there or if my kidneys are now draining properly! Fingers crossed everything is fine 😵💫

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She won't be angry at you.
At this age, they don't have the emotional maturity to feel any emotion like that directed towards you. Especially anger.
It's all new to her and can guarantee she will be fine after a little while there 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My KW is being a complete KW… the wifi isn’t working in the house for anything except his work computer and has been all week. Which is great for him, but I’m therefore parenting without any tv, iPads, yoto, anything all bloody week. Because he won’t do anything about it til the weekend, he won’t even let me restart the router, because he doesn’t want to potentially jeopardise the fact that his laptop still works. Which I sort of get but also it’s so annoying

• Sad
My KW is being a complete KW… the wifi isn’t working in the house for anything except his work computer and has been all week. Which is great for him, but I’m therefore parenting without any tv, iPads, yoto, anything all bloody week. Because he won’t do anything about it til the weekend, he won’t even let me restart the router, because he doesn’t want to potentially jeopardise the fact that his laptop still works. Which I sort of get but also it’s so annoying
Restart it when he’s not looking and feign innocence if it stops working on the laptop

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Turn the leccy off and pretend it was a powercut 😈

• Haha
Flick the trip switch. Oh dear Mr Runner we've had a power surge, soz about that!? Least the router has restarted pet, fingers crossed it still works on your laptop!

• Haha
This times a billion!!!! True even of school aged kids - so busy following instructions and behaving well at school that it all explodes out of them when they get home. AKA parents get all the tit 🤣

September is always a fraught month in our house when the kids start back to school, partly tiredness, but partly as above. We are also moving this September so yayyy 😬😬😬

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I know thanks all I think I’m just a bit over sensitive. She was pushing me away and I didn’t like it at all. But then cried even more when I put her down. So unlike her. I think she’s just knackered, overwhelmed and confused as to what’s going on. I know it’ll get better but it’s so hard. I miss her so much 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I know thanks all I think I’m just a bit over sensitive. She was pushing me away and I didn’t like it at all. But then cried even more when I put her down. So unlike her. I think she’s just knackered, overwhelmed and confused as to what’s going on. I know it’ll get better but it’s so hard. I miss her so much 😭
Aw I don’t think you’re being over sensitive at all, it’s tough when they’re upset like that and doesn’t help with the mum guilt. You’ve got a lot on your plate!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
If anyone of my teacher friends on here wants a good read go check out the unpopular opinions thread 🤣 teacher bashing central over there 😬🫣

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
If anyone of my teacher friends on here wants a good read go check out the unpopular opinions thread 🤣 teacher bashing central over there 😬🫣
Just went over to start reading and I couldn’t get past a few pages. I could feel the rage building. Was so tempted to reply but I CBA getting into an argument with those people. People who think all teachers are overpaid, get too much holiday and do naff all won’t ever change their opinions (and it’s often their kids who are the worst behaved- funny that)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.