New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have recommendations for making the bedroom darker? We have black out blinds but they don’t make it that dark in the day time. I’ve been looking at the portable ones you can stick up in the window, but a load of reviews say that they make the room boiling and it’s already a hot room so I want to avoid that. Is putting foil in the window a thing? After a day of baby T fighting naps I am desperate for something that works 🙃

Hi all my little one has her 8 week jabs tomorrow, do I give her calpol before or immediately after? X
I do it immediately after jabs so they have the max benefit 😊 don’t think it’s matter too much if it’s was 30 mins before for example or if you did it before you left.

Does anyone have recommendations for making the bedroom darker? We have black out blinds but they don’t make it that dark in the day time. I’ve been looking at the portable ones you can stick up in the window, but a load of reviews say that they make the room boiling and it’s already a hot room so I want to avoid that. Is putting foil in the window a thing? After a day of baby T fighting naps I am desperate for something that works 🙃
I used to heve blackout blinds and blackout curtains it was like being in the middle of the sea at midnight honestly the best thing ever. I find the light always creeps in the sides so doubling up blinds and curtains did it for me. Not ideal having to pay for both tho 🤔

We've had tinfoil on the nursery bedroom window for 4 years now 😂 it was supposed to be temporary 😂

@sodit hope you’re okay, how is the biting? Have you manage to find any tips that somewhat worked? I love breastfeeding and dreading the teeth coming! 😬
Fingers crossed your little one isn't much of a biter!

He's still biting unfortunately, I'm just trying to be really vigillant and taking him away at the first nip, even if it's right at the start of a feed. So you have my sympathies @Nursty 😭
If he asks again after a break when I've stopped for biting I'll let him feed again, but a few times he's gone completely without and ended up asleep and totally missing a feed which I feel bad about. Cos he does get himself a bit upset 🙁
He's never really taken to a dodie as with all the struggle to switch from pumping to nursing at the beginning, he wasn't offered one until he was about 3 months. Never really cared for it and goes days without usually, it's just in my arsenal as an option to try when he's aggy. But he's had it loads this week as I offer it when I've taken him from the boob and I'm not mentally ready to go again, and he's taken to it! Just at the age other babies are weaning off one 🤦‍♀️
A couple of nights I've had to give him an expressed bottle as his bitten again and again and is getting starving and I'm sore and stressed and I just want to let him get to sleep. (Fot the bedtime feed - at actual night he's fine??)
And this morning he was so out of sorts and snuggled up all sleepy in his rocking chair thing for the first time in MONTHS but starting to get upset cos he was hungry, so I gave let him have a little bottle of expressed milk to self feed and he was so chuffed and had a sleep in it in the reclined position for a whole HOUR. He usually contact naps so it was a big deal. Would have had longer I reckon, but had to wake him up to got to our pointless HV appt.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi all my little one has her 8 week jabs tomorrow, do I give her calpol before or immediately after? X
I'd personally say its best to wait an hour or so.
Some say to give it before. Some straight away after.
But I find it tends to wear off by the time the jabs start to have an affect.

Does anyone else not know what to do with themselves when OH has the bub? I genuinely have no identity anymore, there is literally nothing I am interested in or want to do. After I do necessities like eat and stuff I'm just sat there staring at him like, but what do I do? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I ordered these off amazon, coupled with thr blinds we already have they are fab! Can't see a thing!
When it's been really hot too they've kept the room cool too!

Attachments

Does anyone else not know what to do with themselves when OH has the bub? I genuinely have no identity anymore, there is literally nothing I am interested in or want to do. After I do necessities like eat and stuff I'm just sat there staring at him like, but what do I do? :ROFLMAO:
I'm like this, I sometimes have an hour or so to myself in the evenings now whilst OH gives baby a bottle of expressed milk and I just sort of wander around. 🤦🏻‍♀️ It's not enough time to go and do anything really, so I end up cleaning or tidying which isn't exactly a break.

Reactions: 1
Yep!! Mr Waka is always asking me what do I want to do for myself and I always end up in bed scrolling on my phone. I tried to book a massage and get my hair done but I’m being fussy and can’t find what I want so gave up

I'm like this, I sometimes have an hour or so to myself in the evenings now whilst OH gives baby a bottle of expressed milk and I just sort of wander around. 🤦🏻‍♀️ It's not enough time to go and do anything really, so I end up cleaning or tidying which isn't exactly a break.
It's so hard isn't it, I'm just sat here staring at Tattle like, help? :ROFLMAO: Like you say, it's not enough time to do anything meaningful really and I can't be arsed doing pointless chores that will just need doing again tomorrow. I'm just watching the clock tick down to me having a purpose again 😅

Yep!! Mr Waka is always asking me what do I want to do for myself and I always end up in bed scrolling on my phone. I tried to book a massage and get my hair done but I’m being fussy and can’t find what I want so gave up
Ooh a massage would be lovely! Sometimes I just want to yeet my phone out the window. I'm so dependent on social media cause I can't be alone with my thoughts but at the same time - I actually bloody hate it!

My partner walked to the shops with all 3 yesterday and I spent over half the time just sitting on the edge of the bed scrolling tattle and tiktok before I decided to shower. And that was it 😂 went back to sitting on the edge of the bed scrolling tiktok 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
We have the portable ones as toddler was starting her day at sunrise 🙃 it does make the room pitch black, but yes it does make the room warm if you leave them there all the time. I just make sure to take it off every morning and put it back every night

Well I seem to spend a lot of time tidying up after my mini humans 🤔 Other than that I enjoy reading, or I listen to podcasts. Walk the dog, have a bath, paint my nails… not that OH ever takes the baby. This is what I do on the rare occasions baby is napping not on me

Reactions: 2
What are we all going to watch with the bubs in the early mornings now love islands finished? No more Ekin-Su for these poor babies

• Haha
  • Sad
i have been absent on this thread as I went back to work on Friday. Missed all the chats. Baba became poorly on Saturday with a bad chest infection, she is miserable and vomiting all her feeds so had to keep her off nursery this week (she’s only been in for two days out of the 7 she’s meant to have been!) My OH had to take today and yesterday off to look after her as it was only my second day back at work and I work from home and could just hear her crying and wailing in misery all day so was really distracted. And to top that off I had a job interview this afternoon for an internal promotion- having already been popping downstairs to feed the baby and been puked on several times I was absolutely not in the frame of mind for an interview and completely ballsed up the last question, can’t stop cringing in embarrassment! I know it’s only coincidental timing and probably due to starting nursery but feel like the universe and my baby are telling me not to leave her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
What are we all going to watch with the bubs in the early mornings now love islands finished? No more Ekin-Su for these poor babies
Might have to watch it again, don't think I need anything else to piss this small demon off, give him his Ekin fix and reduce hurricane Tom :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
i have been absent on this thread as I went back to work on Friday. Missed all the chats. Baba became poorly on Saturday with a bad chest infection, she is miserable and vomiting all her feeds so had to keep her off nursery this week (she’s only been in for two days out of the 7 she’s meant to have been!) My OH had to take today and yesterday off to look after her as it was only my second day back at work and I work from home and could just hear her crying and wailing in misery all day so was really distracted. And to top that off I had a job interview this afternoon for an internal promotion- having already been popping downstairs to feed the baby and been puked on several times I was absolutely not in the frame of mind for an interview and completely ballsed up the last question, can’t stop cringing in embarrassment! I know it’s only coincidental timing and probably due to starting nursery but feel like the universe and my baby are telling me not to leave her.
😭 this sound like a horrible combination of events, poor mum and poor baby, the WFH thing sounds like such a teaseas well with hearing her upset while you try and concentrate 💙
You did well to even attend the interview imo, and hopefully they take your circumstances into account. No idea of the culture where you work, but with it being internal perhaps you could email tomorrow and say that you've reflected on your last answer and it really wasn't what you wanted to say, but there were mitigating factors and really you would have said X. And hopefully they can take that intro account.

Fingers crossed for a recovery and a way better second week of work and nursery!!

• Heart
Hello I'm new here I have a 9 week old (10 weeks tomorrow 😩) we are in the midst of leap 2 and he js a clingy sweaty gammon and I am living off coffee. Happy to be here 🥰

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
How long did it take everyone’s little ones to settle in to nursery? I know it’s day two so I’m not expecting miracles but she’s so out of sorts. She just whinges all evening and was really hungry again and absolutely knackered and fell asleep early 😵💫 the control freak in me is feeling very out of control

I gave her some as soon as I got home.

I know I cannot relax at all 😂 in end up interfering lol

Wonder how many 2022 babies will be called Ekin su 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Hello I'm new here I have a 9 week old (10 weeks tomorrow 😩) we are in the midst of leap 2 and he js a clingy sweaty gammon and I am living off coffee. Happy to be here 🥰
Welcome, I can already tell from your post you are going to fit in like a dream, gammons unite :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.