New baby and post birth advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes.. we've been trying for last 7 weeks. He's not really interested at all to be honest, just clamps his mouth shut and refuses - doesn't matter what it is, purees, blw style etc. We are still on one 'meal'. Annoyingly the other day he devoured some banana pancakes I'd made and has been having vomiting and diarrea since, so now we are wondering whether he has an egg allergy alongside a dairy one.

We use sudocream for dribble rash too.

Very very normal.. their digestive system kicks in in the early hours and there's an acid dump, which makes the grunting and farmyard noises happen.

What a relief to hear it’s not just us. She basically flings her head back at the sight of the spoon. The only finger food she has accepted is some toast crusts from my toddler! She is 6.5 months and starts nursery in 2 weeks- I’m secretly hoping they sort it out 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Is there a 6 week sleep regression? Last few nights baby has been really unsettled, she writhes around grunting like she’s uncomfortable even after bringing up a lot of wind, making loads of noise and when I feed her she wriggles around, kicking her legs and grunting again. She won’t sleep anywhere, not even on me - at a push I can get half an hour if I feed her lying down and she falls asleep while feeding. But she’s not crying at all, so I don’t think she’s in any pain? Also, she only does this at night - no wriggling or grunting during the day.. I’m just really confused and have tried every burping position possible. Honestly could cry - except my eyes are too tired and dry 😂😂
My little one (almost 4 weeks old) started doing this a few nights ago. She'd be in her moses basket flinging her arms and legs around and making noises but turns out she was still asleep! I found it hard to sleep through it because I was constantly on edge thinking she was going to wake for a feed 😆 she didn't do it last night though and was a lot more settled, so I'm hoping it was just a little blip!

Reactions: 2
Thanks everyone!! I’ll try a nightlight tonight to see if she’s actually asleep. It’s so loud and she sounds so uncomfortable I was just worrying! She’s now cuddled up on my stomach fast asleep not making a peep 🙄😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@LilyRose1234 there is a big growth spurt at 6 weeks which may account for the unsettled behaviour.

Weaning wise, ladies don’t worry! Milk still makes up the bulk of their calories as you know. I know it’s disheartening when they don’t seem to be eating anything, but all in good time. just keep offering lots of foods, and don’t put any pressure on yourselves to make it happen. None of my older ones would have eaten anything close to a “decent meal” until much closer to 1.

Reactions: 6
Anyone else have really bad pain at the bottom of their spine after giving birth from baby lying back to back?
Its so sore and its literally all down where it was agonising when I was pushing because of where baby was lying
I can 100% relate to this, my baby is now 6 months old and the pain was unbearable at times, I bought myself a coccyx cushion to sit on to just help keep some pressure off which kid of helped but not much, I would say it was really uncomfortable for a good 3 1/2 months, now if I catch myself awkwardly it still feels tender. My midwife told me it was down to the epi, my gp said back to back.
hope your not feeling to uncomfortable, I was told to keep moving…. All fine and dandy when you’re not exhausted 😴 xx

• Heart
What a relief to hear it’s not just us. She basically flings her head back at the sight of the spoon. The only finger food she has accepted is some toast crusts from my toddler! She is 6.5 months and starts nursery in 2 weeks- I’m secretly hoping they sort it out 😂
He does the same. Or he turns the spoons around and knocks the food off the other end and sucks the wrong end of the spoon. We've had some meals where he's eaten bits but so hit and miss! Typically when my parents were over he tucked into a roast dinner using his hands, never done anything of the sort before :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I’m sure someone on here mentioned the Dentinox infant colic drops - I’m fairly sure baby girl is struggling with wind and I have tried everything to sort it, and remembered these. Do they work? Are they likely to make things worse - side effects etc?

I’m sure someone on here mentioned the Dentinox infant colic drops - I’m fairly sure baby girl is struggling with wind and I have tried everything to sort it, and remembered these. Do they work? Are they likely to make things worse - side effects etc?
I’m not sure about the drops I never used them but have you tried gripe water it’s the only thing worked for mine

Dentinox worked great for us for wind, made her burp everytime, much better than colief or other ones

We've always used them and they have massively helped for us.
You can give it straight to them but we always put it in to the milk 😊
There's no side affects so no harm in trying it ☺

Had the in-laws over this afternoon asking annoying questions.
Why are they so bothered about when baby is moving into his own room? We’ll do it when we’re ready. stupid comments like “you’ll sleep better” yet I genuinely don’t complain about sleep at all lol

Also they’ve got this thing where they feel like they need to tickle him or touch him. Like earlier I was feeding him and my FIL kept touching his head which kept stressing baby out, how do I say back the duck off without sounding like a total witch?
when he’s in his pram they jump out of nowhere thinking it’s funny/cute but he just cries 😖 how would they like being tickled the second they wake up? If I mention it to my husband he gets really defensive and I don’t get anywhere 🙄 hope this makes sense

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Why are they so bothered about when baby is moving into his own room? We’ll do it when we’re ready. stupid comments like “you’ll sleep better” yet I genuinely don’t complain about sleep at all lol

Also they’ve got this thing where they feel like they need to tickle him or touch him. Like earlier I was feeding him and my FIL kept touching his head which kept stressing baby out, how do I say back the duck off without sounding like a total witch?
when he’s in his pram they jump out of nowhere thinking it’s funny/cute but he just cries 😖 how would they like being tickled the second they wake up? If I mention it to my husband he gets really defensive and I don’t get anywhere 🙄 hope this makes sense
That’s annoying 😬😬 my in laws have little annoying habits with my babies too. Like any time any of them ever grumble when a baby it’s always “they’ve got wind” from FIL, and if they grumble when MIL is holding them she throws them back like a grenade with the pin out saying “oh you want mummy now” (I don’t mind that second one actually, I do prefer to have them if they are starting to fuss, but it’s something about the way she does it I find insanely annoying 🤣).
Some people (old people) forget what babies are like, and that they aren’t older kids who play.

That’s annoying 😬😬 my in laws have little annoying habits with my babies too. Like any time any of them ever grumble when a baby it’s always “they’ve got wind” from FIL, and if they grumble when MIL is holding them she throws them back like a grenade with the pin out saying “oh you want mummy now” (I don’t mind that second one actually, I do prefer to have them if they are starting to fuss, but it’s something about the way she does it I find insanely annoying 🤣).
Some people (old people) forget what babies are like, and that they aren’t older kids who play.
Yeah I think that might be it! I just try to say it in a way that doesn’t sound attacking like “ oh no, I wouldn’t like being tickled when I’m woken up. It’s ok we won’t do that again” and YES any grumble it’s “the baby is pooing” trusssssssst me, he’s not pooing! Or “oh the baby is dribbling” yep, he’s a baby 🙄

My MIL is so, so wonderful and I am so lucky so feel mean to say but… she would call baby’s names sing-songy loudly while clapping and waving her hands maybe a foot away from her face non stop 😤 Baby would turn her face away and MIL would just go to the other side and keep on no matter how many hints at overstimulation I made.
Also the ‘needs a poo’ from any grumble when I’d say 100 different ways ‘I don’t think so, she just had one, think she’s just tired etc’. Though one time they were spot on and I got covered so perhaps I don’t know as much as I think I do 🙈 It’s just hard to feel like someone is telling you what your baby needs like they know better.
I’m pretty forthright so conscious not to spoil their time and relationship meaningless rules and barriers (have meaningful ones like no racist or homophobic words etc) but I think I’m going to have to broach a baby talk ban soon 😖

Reactions: 3
Does anybody have any recommendations on baby carriers? We had the ergo baby embrace which I loved but baby is too heavy for it now (11kg) so looking to upgrade. We thought we’d managed without one but we love walking in the Peak District and there’s only so many pram friendly walks I can repeat 😂

I’ve been looking at the ergo baby omni 360 carrier, but if anyone has any other suggestions that would be great so I can compare ☺

Does anybody have any recommendations on baby carriers? We had the ergo baby embrace which I loved but baby is too heavy for it now (11kg) so looking to upgrade. We thought we’d managed without one but we love walking in the Peak District and there’s only so many pram friendly walks I can repeat 😂

I’ve been looking at the ergo baby omni 360 carrier, but if anyone has any other suggestions that would be great so I can compare ☺
Tula free to grow 😊 I’m using it with my almost 4mo and it will last until at least 2 (i then have a toddler Tula). Don’t get a standard Tula yet, as they say they do from 15lbs but realistically they are so wide in the base they don’t properly fit til around 9 months. Whereas the free to grow is adjustable.
Love me a Tula 🤣

We've got the baby bjorn move, I think it goes up till 15kg. We really like it and find it comfortable. I really like the look of their new harmony one but is very pricey! They both don't go up to a weight as heavy as the ergo baby one though! Everyone i know with an ergo one absolutely loves it.

Second vote for a Tula free to grow. I upgraded to an explore for this baby but actually end up using my free to grow all the time as it’s much comfier. I love my Tula!

In-laws are sent to test your patience. They always seem to think they know best when it comes to YOUR baby. Waking them up when they were sleeping for a cuddle was always one that my in-laws did

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.