New baby and post birth advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reading posts about those of you who are keeping hold of your baby stuff makes me happy for you all but sad for myself. A few on here may know that my little boy was conceived via NHS funded IVF. Iā€™m only entitled to one round so we wonā€™t be having another baby.
I am so infertile that thereā€™s more chance of pigs flying to the moon than having a baby naturally

I sold his Moses basket & lots of other baby stuff that heā€™s grown out of and the lady buying them asked me ā€˜are you not planning on having another one then?ā€™ Because she was a stranger I just said ā€˜no unfortunately notā€™
Deep down I wanted to say ā€˜mind your own business, just give me your money and get outā€™
šŸ¤£
I did have a little cry after at the realisation of my situation

my boy is 4 months old and I have absolutely loved every minute of it, even the sleepless nights
But I do worry that he will struggle having no siblings, but I do try and tell myself that he wonā€™t know any different so it shouldnā€™t affect him too much
I had an older brother and he always looked after me, he still does, and over the years weā€™ve made some amazing memories with all of our family. We have such a close bond too.

anyway, not really sure of the point to this post but I guess itā€™s just niggling away at the back of my mind. Sorry if Iā€™ve brought the threads mood down šŸ˜°
Sending you loads of love. I canā€™t imagine how hard it must be for you reaching the milestones, and packing things up, and knowing itā€™s this one time only. I am sure your lovely son will not suffer in the slightest for being an only child, and maybe if your brother has children then your sonā€™s cousins will be as close to him as you and your brother are. My kids are very close to their cousins, and itā€™s wonderful relationship ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Sending you loads of love. I canā€™t imagine how hard it must be for you reaching the milestones, and packing things up, and knowing itā€™s this one time only. I am sure your lovely son will not suffer in the slightest for being an only child, and maybe if your brother has children then your sonā€™s cousins will be as close to him as you and your brother are. My kids are very close to their cousins, and itā€™s wonderful relationship ā¤
Thank you for your kind words, they made me smile! Youā€™re right , I really hope he grows up with his cousins. Although his only cousins atm are much older than him, they arenā€™t overly interested in him right now šŸ˜°
Trying not to dwell on things and enjoy these moments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you for your kind words, they made me smile! Youā€™re right , I really hope he grows up with his cousins. Although his only cousins atm are much older than him, they arenā€™t overly interested in him right now šŸ˜°
As you said, he won't know any different. And that's the main thing to think about.
No different to people with siblings can't picture being an only child, because they know no different šŸ˜Š

He'll grow up knowing how wanted and loved he is and that is the most important thing!

Reactions: 4
@Hairraiser my boy is probably going to be an only child out of choice. I was very lucky to get pregnant quite easily but I just donā€™t think I can go through the ordeal of a birth again. My partner is also adamant that this is it and seems to think siblings cause more harm than good (I think heā€™s triggered by his own childhood šŸ˜‚) but weā€™re sure it wonā€™t be detrimental to him growing up. He sounds like a very lucky boy to have such caring and loving parents!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I know increasing numbers of people who are choosing (and so lucky to be able to have that choice ā¤) do only have one child, for lots of reasons. I think having siblings is great, but I honestly donā€™t think any ā€œonlyā€ children will be at all disadvantaged in life. Possibly the opposite! My cousin grew up with no siblings and she is so mature, intelligent, and has such a sensible head on her shoulders. Sometimes she makes me feel like the child (sheā€™s 18, Iā€™m 35 šŸ¤£)

As you said, he won't know any different. And that's the main thing to think about.
No different to people with siblings can't picture being an only child, because they know no different šŸ˜Š

He'll grow up knowing how wanted and loved he is and that is the most important thing!
Yeah youā€™re absolutely right
We have so many photos of when he was a 3 day old embryo and up until now, Iā€™ve put them all in an album for him. I canā€™t wait to show him
How he was made

I know increasing numbers of people who are choosing (and so lucky to be able to have that choice ā¤) do only have one child, for lots of reasons. I think having siblings is great, but I honestly donā€™t think any ā€œonlyā€ children will be at all disadvantaged in life. Possibly the opposite! My cousin grew up with no siblings and she is so mature, intelligent, and has such a sensible head on her shoulders. Sometimes she makes me feel like the child (sheā€™s 18, Iā€™m 35 šŸ¤£)
ā¤ā¤ā¤

@Hairraiser my boy is probably going to be an only child out of choice. I was very lucky to get pregnant quite easily but I just donā€™t think I can go through the ordeal of a birth again. My partner is also adamant that this is it and seems to think siblings cause more harm than good (I think heā€™s triggered by his own childhood šŸ˜‚) but weā€™re sure it wonā€™t be detrimental to him growing up. He sounds like a very lucky boy to have such caring and loving parents!
Aw thank you so much youā€™re very kind. And the same to you , itā€™s not all bad being an only child

I canā€™t seem to quote your other post but just wanted to send you love. As long as your little one has your love Iā€™m sure thatā€™s all that matters. So pleased that IVF worked for you though, definitely enjoy every moment, itā€™s such a wonderful time šŸ’•
It really doesnā€™t help when people say ā€œwhen are you having another babyā€ i think it can be just as hurtful as saying ā€œwhen are you going to have childrenā€

Reactions: 2
I canā€™t seem to quote your other post but just wanted to send you love. As long as your little one has your love Iā€™m sure thatā€™s all that matters. So pleased that IVF worked for you though, definitely enjoy every moment, itā€™s such a wonderful time šŸ’•
It really doesnā€™t help when people say ā€œwhen are you having another babyā€ i think it can be just as hurtful as saying ā€œwhen are you going to have childrenā€
Oh I agree, I had that same question for 3 whole years before I snapped at people. I had the most horrific birth aswell as the gruelling IVF treatment and have had many people say to me ā€˜whenā€™s the next baby due then?ā€™ Seriously???!!!
If I wasnā€™t a mother now Iā€™d be giving them a few choice words šŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Heart
Itā€™s so bizarre how interested strangers are in other peopleā€™s family planning. Iā€™m quite sure my husband wouldnā€™t ever have been asked those questions, but I had them all, especially when I only had 1. I even remember the midwife on the ward with no1 saying to me ā€œweā€™ll see you again in two years, will we?ā€ I had literally popped one out and she was asking when I was having another?!

Reactions: 8
Itā€™s so bizarre how interested strangers are in other peopleā€™s family planning. Iā€™m quite sure my husband wouldnā€™t ever have been asked those questions, but I had them all, especially when I only had 1. I even remember the midwife on the ward with no1 saying to me ā€œweā€™ll see you again in two years, will we?ā€ I had literally popped one out and she was asking when I was having another?!
My health advisor is like that!! I said that this is probably it with her knowing full well how crappy my birth was and she was like ā€˜oh no, it will be nice for him to have a brother or sister, just wait a year.ā€™ šŸ™„

• Wow
Reactions: 4
My health advisor is like that!! I said that this is probably it with her knowing full well how crappy my birth was and she was like ā€˜oh no, it will be nice for him to have a brother or sister, just wait a year.ā€™ šŸ™„
Thatā€™s so rude!

Reactions: 1
Wow. Very unprofessional

Reactions: 3
I actually had someone at work asking when I was going to have babies.... (a male btw) and we had been trying for just under 18 months at this point so I felt a bit sensitive. My response was ā€œwhy are you so interested in my sex lifeā€ that shut him up. Iā€™m very blunt when I want to be šŸ™ƒ

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Morning ā˜ŗ Has anyone got any suggestions for nice dribble bibs?
Markā€™s and spencer I find stay the softest and have cute designs for girls and boys. Plus thick enough you donā€™t have to change them every half an hour

Markā€™s and spencer I find stay the softest and have cute designs for girls and boys. Plus thick enough you donā€™t have to change them every half an hour
Iā€™ll have a look, thank you. weā€™ve got some from Sainsburyā€™s I think and the label says one size but theyā€™re tiny, tried putting it on the other day and it felt like I was strangling him haha.

• Haha
Iā€™ll have a look, thank you. weā€™ve got some from Sainsburyā€™s I think and the label says one size but theyā€™re tiny, tried putting it on the other day and it felt like I was strangling him haha.
Iā€™ve found that with some Asda ones we were given, also very rigid they just look uncomfortable.

Just answering my own question here but etsy have a lot of dribble bibs. Might try them out
8628B6D0-60C0-4C2C-8B4B-D58719AF842E.png

My second was a dribble monster. If you have a heady dribbler I really recommend getting Fleece backed dribble bibs, because they stay much drier and donā€™t soak their clothes.

I always found independent makers were much better quality for heavy dribble amounts than high street shops, so definitely check our Etsy.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.