New baby and post birth advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hoping it's the same for my wee one 🤞 I'm having to go private as NHS won't do it as it's "not bad enough" 🙄 honestly don't think there's enough emphasis put on it
We had to pay £200 for my wee one to get her tongue tie cut as I wasn’t breastfeeding and they’d only do it for breastfed babies, tbh I don’t think it made much difference to her feeding wise, but I was bottle feeding but we got it done anyway as was told it can cause speech problems etc when their older

That’s awful. I believe most people were I am have to go private as well. Some man in Belfast is making an absolute mint from new mothers, I swear. A few friends have had their LO done, and apparently it’s extremely quick and they don’t seem to mind, so hopefully the same for your LO.

That sounds awful 😰 I’ve no advice other than I believe Mrs Meldrum had a similar issue after her 3rd baby, and she changed to a cup which she said was brilliant. Not sure how it would be for you, obviously, and I’m sure you’d not be that keen to try something else up there if tampons are so uncomfortable. Just thought I’d put it out there
Is it the dental place on the Lisburn road by any chance cause that’s where we got my wee ones tongue tie cut and he charged £200 🙈🙈 it didn’t faze her at all £200 for a quick snip

Reactions: 1
Am I right to be offended, literally no sets of grandparents have seen my baby who’s nearly 3 months! Granted we live 2-3 hours by train/5-hours by car away but literally no one has made an effort. I couldn’t be bothered with visitors in the first couple of weeks due to establishing breastfeeding and recovering from csection & traumatic birth. I told my parents they can come down whenever, no response. My partner’s dad is coming down to Watford (we’re in south London) next week for work for a few days but says driving an hour after work to see his grandson wouldn’t work??? And he’ll arrange something in September, yeah right!

It’s totally their loss but I’m upset that no one really gives a tit.
I’d be offended in that position too. Sorry to hear that. You’d think grandparents would be one of the first visitors.

assume they aren’t old that they can’t travel? Are you close enough to let them know you’re upset?

Hi ladies, so excited to graduate over to this thread. I'm sure it's been mentioned before but I am so tired and really can't be bothered to trawl through the previous pages so I'm going to ask again (sorry!)

I'm looking for a sling to wear around the house really so baby is close by and I don't have to sit rocking him and can get stuff done. Any recommendations pretty please?

Thank you 💖✨
I had the koala babycare one, it goes on like a tshirt and baby really loved it. I initially bought one that you have to tie yourself and it was such a faff and took too long when baby was crying.

Am I right to be offended, literally no sets of grandparents have seen my baby who’s nearly 3 months! Granted we live 2-3 hours by train/5-hours by car away but literally no one has made an effort. I couldn’t be bothered with visitors in the first couple of weeks due to establishing breastfeeding and recovering from csection & traumatic birth. I told my parents they can come down whenever, no response. My partner’s dad is coming down to Watford (we’re in south London) next week for work for a few days but says driving an hour after work to see his grandson wouldn’t work??? And he’ll arrange something in September, yeah right!

I would be upset too! Could you let your parents know you're upset about it?

We had to pay £200 for my wee one to get her tongue tie cut as I wasn’t breastfeeding and they’d only do it for breastfed babies, tbh I don’t think it made much difference to her feeding wise, but I was bottle feeding but we got it done anyway as was told it can cause speech problems etc when their older

Is it the dental place on the Lisburn road by any chance cause that’s where we got my wee ones tongue tie cut and he charged £200 🙈🙈 it didn’t faze her at all £200 for a quick snip
Yes! Martin Curran I think it is? Honestly I’m thinking of opening up my own clinic and only charging £100 a snip, you’d make a fortune! It’s absolute daylight robbery! If you are part of the BFNI page on Facebook the number of people who mention him, he must be rolling in it.

@moimoi that is absolutely tit of the grandparents. I would be both raging and devastated that they haven’t bothered. I’m so sorry x

@Hushpuppy close caboo may work well for you as well 😊 a pre-tied soft wrap which is great for newbies

Hi ladies, so excited to graduate over to this thread. I'm sure it's been mentioned before but I am so tired and really can't be bothered to trawl through the previous pages so I'm going to ask again (sorry!)

I'm looking for a sling to wear around the house really so baby is close by and I don't have to sit rocking him and can get stuff done. Any recommendations pretty please?

Thank you 💖✨
I second all the pre-tied wraps - I have the Konny baby and it’s great! Baby absolutely loves it, she could stay in it for hours! (Side note - is there a recommended time they should be in it? 😂)

Reactions: 2
I second all the pre-tied wraps - I have the Konny baby and it’s great! Baby absolutely loves it, she could stay in it for hours! (Side note - is there a recommended time they should be in it? 😂)
I keep them in there until they start to fuss, then get them out for a stretch and a kick about. But my son would be in his for upwards of 4 hours every day, and his gross motor skills are coming along beautifully.

I keep them in there until they start to fuss, then get them out for a stretch and a kick about. But my son would be in his for upwards of 4 hours every day, and his gross motor skills are coming along beautifully.
This is great news, she can be in it for hours and suddenly realised it might be too long!

• Heart
I’d be offended in that position too. Sorry to hear that. You’d think grandparents would be one of the first visitors.

assume they aren’t old that they can’t travel? Are you close enough to let them know you’re upset?
I would be upset too! Could you let your parents know you're upset about it?
@moimoi that is absolutely tit of the grandparents. I would be both raging and devastated that they haven’t bothered. I’m so sorry x
Thanks ladies, glad I’m not being dramatic!

Definitely not too old! My mum is happy to travel the country for gigs but coming down to see her first grandson, cba. And I found out my side are coming to Thorpe Park an hour away next week, didn’t mention that until the other day when I rang, that’s only an hour away too! 😬 I might message to ask if they’re planning to spare 5 mins at all to visit.

My partner is defending his dad which is pissing me off saying that his dad will be working 9-5 in Watford so travelling in the evening will be the last thing he wants to do… lovely, seeing his grandson is the last thing he wants to do. It’s only a bloody hour away!

It’s put things in perspective though, I now know not to make an effort for the usual Christmas/birthday/general visits.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Thanks ladies, glad I’m not being dramatic!

Definitely not too old! My mum is happy to travel the country for gigs but coming down to see her first grandson, cba. And I found out my side are coming to Thorpe Park an hour away next week, didn’t mention that until the other day when I rang, that’s only an hour away too! 😬 I might message to ask if they’re planning to spare 5 mins at all to visit.

My partner is defending his dad which pissing me off saying that his dad will be working 9-5 in Watford so travelling in the evening will be the last thing he wants to do… lovely, seeing his grandson is the last thing he wants to do. It’s only a bloody hour away!

It’s put things in perspective though, I now know not to make an effort for the usual Christmas/birthday/general visits.
Having a baby always shows the true colours of those around you. And I’m so sorry that it’s your family that have “failed the test” so to speak. X

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Omg baby Thomas just puked up literally all the milk hes just drank all over me and him it was like projectile
Is he ok? The first time my baby did that it went ALL over the wall, I’d literally never seen vomit fly like that 😂

Totally their loss but that would really piss me off too. Sorry they’re being tit ☹

Just been on a walk and had a random bloke tell me that my pram doesn’t have shock absorbers so my baby will get shaken baby syndrome 🤔 I mean.... I was using the pram on a tarmac pavement. I’m pretty sure he’s ok. Baring in mind this bloke had a toddler with him, riding a bike and not wearing a helmet 🙄

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Is he ok? The first time my baby did that it went ALL over the wall, I’d literally never seen vomit fly like that 😂

Totally their loss but that would really piss me off too. Sorry they’re being tit ☹

Just been on a walk and had a random bloke tell me that my pram doesn’t have shock absorbers so my baby will get shaken baby syndrome 🤔 I mean.... I was using the pram on a tarmac pavement. I’m pretty sure he’s ok. Baring in mind this bloke had a toddler with him, riding a bike and not wearing a helmet 🙄
Urgh..why do people feel they have the right to pass comments to other parents when out?! I've had it from men before about the fact my baby was crying in the pram.

Oh I so would have said something about the no helmet to that jackass!!!

So after my feeling great and now having PP sex twice, its now stinging when I wee... fantastic
Should I contact my HV?

• Heart
Slings are the best inventiom ever 🙌 got SO much done with her in it today and she fell asleep instantly 🥰

Reactions: 4
So after my feeling great and now having PP sex twice, its now stinging when I wee... fantastic
Should I contact my HV?
I know it might be tmi.. But what is it that's stinging? Where you had the stitches Ooor actually pee part? 😂

• Haha
In all honesty I could not tell you where my stitches are 😂🤦‍♀️
If its your stitches I'd say maybe the scar tissue has just been irritated or stretched slightly too far.
If not there, and it's actually where you pee, then I'd say it sounds more like cystitis or something so I'd contact your gp ☺

Any Kendamil users - how long did it take before you seen a difference? We switched from aptamil as she's quite a sicky baby/hard to wind/reflux and after reading reviews thought we'd try it. So far it's not helping at all, but I don't know if it takes time or instant?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.