New baby and post birth advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had the in-laws over this afternoon asking annoying questions.
Why are they so bothered about when baby is moving into his own room? We’ll do it when we’re ready. stupid comments like “you’ll sleep better” yet I genuinely don’t complain about sleep at all lol

Also they’ve got this thing where they feel like they need to tickle him or touch him. Like earlier I was feeding him and my FIL kept touching his head which kept stressing baby out, how do I say back the duck off without sounding like a total witch?
when he’s in his pram they jump out of nowhere thinking it’s funny/cute but he just cries 😖 how would they like being tickled the second they wake up? If I mention it to my husband he gets really defensive and I don’t get anywhere 🙄 hope this makes sense
Urgh hun, I feel your pain. My MIL didn't even want ti know when i was pregnant! Now she's all over baby like a rash. She came round the other day and wanted to wake him up for a cuddle! Like what about no!!!???? I genuinely dread her coming round yet my partner always wants to involve her, which I understand. But it just fills me with rage!
She wants to wake him up for a cuddle but she won't change his nappy! I'd rather her stay away.
So I really feel your pain. And I understand about the partner getting defensive too. I'm in your boat entirely xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Any mamas any tips for teething? My wee girl is 5 and a half months and has been teething from she was about 3 months but seems to have gotten worse the last few weeks we’ve tried different teething toys matchstick monkey, the nuby ones you put in the fridge she ends up back to sucking on her fingers, we’ve tried ambesol as well and she hates the taste of it she squeals the place down. We’ve had to give her ibuprofen just before bed a couple of nights as it was keeping her awake and seemed to help but I don’t wanna give her medicine all the time tbh 🙈🙈 she just constantly sucks on her fingers and puts them so far into her mouth it makes her gag

Any mamas any tips for teething? My wee girl is 5 and a half months and has been teething from she was about 3 months but seems to have gotten worse the last few weeks we’ve tried different teething toys matchstick monkey, the nuby ones you put in the fridge she ends up back to sucking on her fingers, we’ve tried ambesol as well and she hates the taste of it she squeals the place down. We’ve had to give her ibuprofen just before bed a couple of nights as it was keeping her awake and seemed to help but I don’t wanna give her medicine all the time tbh 🙈🙈 she just constantly sucks on her fingers and puts them so far into her mouth it makes her gag
Unfortunately when it's bad, the only thing that got us through was calpol. Nothing else worked!
Hoping this time is different to my first as my second born, we didn't even know she was teething most of the time!

Reactions: 1
Not sure of the name but have you seen the teethers that go on their hands like a glove?

Edited to add...found it https://gummee.life/products/turquo...obyWq8wz7RfhF1iZ33eOYETrFLnrckJBoCOeQQAvD_BwE

Not sure if it would be any good but kept seeing it on fb

Last edited:
An amber necklace has always worked for us 😊 mine are generally late teethers, but we’ve never had any issues with teeth at all, and they’ve all worn an amber necklace from about 6 months.

We've found that when it's really bad, ibuprofen is best and the only thing that helps. Anbesol liquid is meant to be good. I haven't found that any of the other teething remedies work such as ashton and parsons etc. Cold veggies from the fridge help too but my little one is nearly 8 months.

Is there anything you can put on baby’s dribble rash on their chin? It’s not awful but just wondered if I’m best to leave it or not ☺🤷🏻‍♀️
Make sure you wash and dry thoroughly each day. And apply a little sudocrem, be careful baby doesn’t rub their face and then put hands in mouth.

• Heart
Baby is 10 days old and has blisters on his lip. Google tells me it could be down to poor latch. I thought the latch was ok, he is putting on weight and my nipples aren’t sore. Will mention it to midwife tomorrow.
Feel so bad for my little man

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Baby is 10 days old and has blisters on his lip. Google tells me it could be down to poor latch. I thought the latch was ok, he is putting on weight and my nipples aren’t sore. Will mention it to midwife tomorrow.
I only very recently read that this can be caused by poor latch and was actually really surprised. My eldest two definitely had this in their very early days, I think no3 did as well. And all has a good latch, we had absolutely no breastfeeding issues long term. No4 is the first baby NOT to have them, and his latch (I feel) has been the worst.
It disappeared relatively quickly on my older kids, it didn’t seem to bother them, and as weight gain and their output was always good, I never thought anything else of it.
If you are comfortable, he appears comfortable while feeding, is putting on weight well, is well contented (usually!) between feeds and has lots of wet and dirty nappies I wouldn’t worry too much, as that all points to great feeding.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Just get her to check his latch for you. Is there a possibility he could have a tongue or lip tie?

Reactions: 2
Tongue tie possibly? We're the same, but we're getting her tongue tie divided soon, so hopefully that solves it

Reactions: 3
Sorry if this is tmi but can we talk about periods lol. In particular, tampons! Since giving birth 5 months ago (no tears/stitches) I’ve found wearing them SO uncomfortable, to the point where I have one in for 10 mins and I have to take it out. I know I’m wearing the right flow as my cycle is always light and that hasn’t changed but I swear I must have tried about 6 different types/brand of tampons 😖 anybody else had the same thing? I’ve had to resort to pads which I hate

• Heart
Hoping it's the same for my wee one 🤞 I'm having to go private as NHS won't do it as it's "not bad enough" 🙄 honestly don't think there's enough emphasis put on it
That's awful. I think its all a bit hit and miss depending on which part of the country you are in. Fingers crossed for your little one

Hoping it's the same for my wee one 🤞 I'm having to go private as NHS won't do it as it's "not bad enough" 🙄 honestly don't think there's enough emphasis put on it
That’s awful. I believe most people were I am have to go private as well. Some man in Belfast is making an absolute mint from new mothers, I swear. A few friends have had their LO done, and apparently it’s extremely quick and they don’t seem to mind, so hopefully the same for your LO.

Sorry if this is tmi but can we talk about periods lol. In particular, tampons! Since giving birth 5 months ago (no tears/stitches) I’ve found wearing them SO uncomfortable, to the point where I have one in for 10 mins and I have to take it out. I know I’m wearing the right flow as my cycle is always light and that hasn’t changed but I swear I must have tried about 6 different types/brand of tampons 😖 anybody else had the same thing? I’ve had to resort to pads which I hate
That sounds awful 😰 I’ve no advice other than I believe Mrs Meldrum had a similar issue after her 3rd baby, and she changed to a cup which she said was brilliant. Not sure how it would be for you, obviously, and I’m sure you’d not be that keen to try something else up there if tampons are so uncomfortable. Just thought I’d put it out there

Hi ladies, so excited to graduate over to this thread. I'm sure it's been mentioned before but I am so tired and really can't be bothered to trawl through the previous pages so I'm going to ask again (sorry!)

I'm looking for a sling to wear around the house really so baby is close by and I don't have to sit rocking him and can get stuff done. Any recommendations pretty please?

Thank you 💖✨

• Heart
Hi ladies, so excited to graduate over to this thread. I'm sure it's been mentioned before but I am so tired and really can't be bothered to trawl through the previous pages so I'm going to ask again (sorry!)

I'm looking for a sling to wear around the house really so baby is close by and I don't have to sit rocking him and can get stuff done. Any recommendations pretty please?

Thank you 💖✨
I have a baby k'tan, it's pre wrapped so you don't have to faff around tying it, you just put your arms in and put the baby in there's also YouTube videos on different positions for the baby(I am awful with long material ones haha)

Am I right to be offended, literally no sets of grandparents have seen my baby who’s nearly 3 months! Granted we live 2-3 hours by train/5-hours by car away but literally no one has made an effort. I couldn’t be bothered with visitors in the first couple of weeks due to establishing breastfeeding and recovering from csection & traumatic birth. I told my parents they can come down whenever, no response. My partner’s dad is coming down to Watford (we’re in south London) next week for work for a few days but says driving an hour after work to see his grandson wouldn’t work??? And he’ll arrange something in September, yeah right!

It’s totally their loss but I’m upset that no one really gives a tit.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Omg baby Thomas just puked up literally all the milk hes just drank all over me and him it was like projectile

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.