New baby and post birth advice #19 Marching to the beat of our tiny dictators drums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So this morning before I left for work I didn’t have a moment to "load up" the baby with a last boobie before I went. Big mistake. I was in AGONY in one boob by the time I got home, and literally grabbed him and stuck him on there and wouldn’t let him go until he sorted me 🥴

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Oh, smug me of three hours ago. I have no idea how it happened, but while I was dishing up one handed, baby in the other hand… she somehow managed to be sick. Into the pan 🙃🙃 we may be getting McDonald’s tomorrow instead!
I'm so sorry, but this is the funniest thing I've heard all day. What a baby😂🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 2
As far as tracking the routine went today and making sure baby had all of his naps… it all went tits up when the knob waffle came home and can’t follow basic instructions so the baby has been in a crying screaming state ever since as he missed his nap.
He should’ve stayed at work😖😖😖😖.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I'm so sorry, but this is the funniest thing I've heard all day. What a baby😂🙈
To be honest, if it happened on a sitcom it would be hilarious. Alas it happened to me and at the time I didn’t see the funny side. It’s what I deserve for feeling so pleased with myself about my little life hack

Saw this on Facebook and just had to share😂
The butter is true. She’d eat it with a spoon if I let her

• Heart
To be honest, if it happened on a sitcom it would be hilarious. Alas it happened to me and at the time I didn’t see the funny side. It’s what I deserve for feeling so pleased with myself about my little life hack

The butter is true. She’d eat it with a spoon if I let her
My 4 year old is the same.
If we go to a cafe or anywhere and they have those little packets or butter, she grabs them and opens it before you've even noticed and sits there eating the packets of butter 🤢
Same as yesterday, we made some cakes, measure it all out, turn around and she's scooped a big spoonful of butter and just eating it 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
I feel your pain, tomorrow is a new day & you will smash it!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Tried giving little cat scrambled egg today. She spat it out and refused to eat it. Gagged, wouldn’t have any of it ☹ Tried giving her the spoon, put some on the table for her to pick up. Nah. This kids eating is going to be the death of me

• Heart
  • Sad
Tried giving little cat scrambled egg today. She spat it out and refused to eat it. Gagged, wouldn’t have any of it ☹ Tried giving her the spoon, put some on the table for her to pick up. Nah. This kids eating is going to be the death of me
Tbf scrambled egg is pretty rank if you’re new to food! Baby tango will not go near egg despite being a dustbin for everything else!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My kids have never touched scrambled egg. I don't like scrambled egg either.
Infact, my 9 year old has only just started eating egg in general.
Up until now, none of them will touch an egg in any form! 😂

• Haha
Guys me and me annoyed has a lovely day together we had a drink a Nando’s wakes round the shops just got off the motorway and nursery rang said she is very chesty and breathing fast I became hysterical couldn’t get through to doctors 111 couldn’t help although my friend said her baby was the same she has no temperature she seems ok not as snotty and that it was the end of the cold xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I dont blame her! Cold scrambled egg doesn't taste v nice.
I hope it starts getting better for you both soon😔

• Haha
Scrambled egg is rank, I agree.

@Crazycatlady18 BabyMe the 4th genuinely didn’t eat a thing until he was 10 months, other than corn on the cob weirdly. But he wasnt interested, pretty much cried as soon as he was in his high chair, didn’t even want to touch the stuff let alone eat it. Now, he eats more normally, in that he eats something at every meal. But today, at 12.5months, was the first time he’s ever chosen to try strawberry which is usually a favourite for my babies.
just letting you know you’re not alone ❤

• Heart
Do babies have sensors that you’re about to eat so they’re suddenly starving as well. I don’t think I’ve ate a meal when it’s ready or before it’s cold in weeks 😂
Me too! Either I’m really bad at timing it or she can sense it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Have you got a sling library near by? Your HV may be able to point you in the direction to one
I’m not 100% sure I’ll give them a ring tomorrow to ask.
Of course he’s now been asleep for 2 hours cause my partners had hold of him while I slept🙄

• Heart
Thanks ladies I enjoyed the bowl of scrambled egg 😂😂 but I love eggs in all formats! I guess with how bottles are going I’m dreading what weaning has for us. She’ll get there I’m sure. For now, puree is life 😂😂😂❤

These weaning poos man. Poor baby is so bloody constipated despite me loading him up with p foods, letting him nurse on demand and giving him sips of water with food. He's only going every 3/4 days. Me and Mr SI just had to help him and he ended up filling 4 nappies 😭 poor thing.

Oh, smug me of three hours ago. I have no idea how it happened, but while I was dishing up one handed, baby in the other hand… she somehow managed to be sick. Into the pan 🙃🙃 we may be getting McDonald’s tomorrow instead!
So funny...but not 😆 classic it's happened when you've done a big batch.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I haven’t I’ve got a baby bjorn carrier but it’s a bit more structured and I’m not 100% comfortable with it. I need to get a sling really but I’ve had my first pay of SMP and I can just about stay in the black if I pay for nothing but my bills, so I kind of begrudge paying for a sling even if I need it
As I'mThankYou said, maybe there's a sling library in your neighbourhood?
Also keep an eye out on Vinted. You can find great bargains on there for slings as well! I saw a Babylonia Tricot Slen (I currently use the one of my brother/SIL and highly recommend it!) on there for a couple of euros and it looked like it was still in great shape!

Reactions: 1
Thanks ladies I enjoyed the bowl of scrambled egg 😂😂 but I love eggs in all formats! I guess with how bottles are going I’m dreading what weaning has for us. She’ll get there I’m sure. For now, puree is life 😂😂😂❤
If you want to try her on a bit of egg, the twins would like to recommend Egg Custard 😉

• Haha
Am I going to get kicked out for liking
Bananas
Mash
Scrambled eggs (all eggs tbf) ??
I also love rice pudding

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.