New baby and post birth advice #19 Marching to the beat of our tiny dictators drums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I going to get kicked out for liking
Bananas
Mash
Scrambled eggs (all eggs tbf) ??
I also love rice pudding
I’m with you on all of these! 🤣

I’m a weirdo and will happily eat/drink literally anything …except I can’t stand the two things everyone loves - ketchup or any form of coke/Pepsi!

I stayed in the background quietly gagging at the previous Pepsi vs coke debate 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I’m a weirdo and will happily eat/drink literally anything …except I can’t stand the two things everyone loves - ketchup or any form of coke/Pepsi!

I stayed in the background quietly gagging at the previous Pepsi vs coke debate 🤣
Oh my. Ketchup and Coke are the staples of my fussy diet😂😭
I love piping hot scrambled eggs with a big dollop of red sauce.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 4

Ketchup, I can do without. Doesn’t bother me, but if you ever speak about Pepsi like that again, you’ll have to wash your mouth out. Pepsi max is the don. Smashes any fizzy drink 😂😂
Trying to think of any other food that’s weird that I like?
Maybe marmite 🤤
Pre coeliac, my go to hangover food was white bread, cheese spread and wotsits. I miss them days

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Bread dipped in mint sauce. It's beautiful ladies.
Spread it on a bit of lightly buttered toast? You'll want to have mint sauce babies!

• Haha
  • Wow
Oh marmite is great! I also love peanut butter on toast with piccalilli on top.

Sometimes I get intense cravings for random things like sheets of seaweed or rollmop herrings…my taste buds are properly weird but I weirdly hope my son inherits them as his dad is very fussy! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Corned beef hash 🤢 and you think bananas are the devil 😂
It's THE best😂
I dont eat the corned beef cause its too mushy but it can't be cooked without it cause then its just tatos and gravy😂😂
I'm still trying to process how Pepsi trumps coke, I don't think it's something I can look over😂

It's THE best😂
I dont eat the corned beef cause its too mushy but it can't be cooked without it cause then its just tatos and gravy😂😂
I'm still trying to process how Pepsi trumps coke, I don't think it's something I can look over😂
I don’t think I’ve actually ever had it, but the thought of it 🤢 I’m not a massive meat eater c so maybe that’s why. No, Pepsi always wins. I can’t explain how it’s better, it just is 😂

Oh marmite is great! I also love peanut butter on toast with piccalilli on top.

Sometimes I get intense cravings for random things like sheets of seaweed or rollmop herrings…my taste buds are properly weird but I weirdly hope my son inherits them as his dad is very fussy! 😂
You had me at peanut butter on toast but ruined it with piccalilli 😂😂😂

I feel like I need to get serious now, because I’m really bloody hungry 😂😂

Baby hasn’t drunk much in the last week or so. I’m guessing covid. Is it worth him getting checked out? Just tried to give him a dream feed and only got an oz down him. He’s only drinking about 4oz a bottle 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I think we might be the same person?
Except for ketchup, I wouldn't choose to add it to anything but I don't hate it and if the choice was a ketchup covered chip from someone else's plate or no chip I'd take it.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
As I'mThankYou said, maybe there's a sling library in your neighbourhood?
Also keep an eye out on Vinted. You can find great bargains on there for slings as well! I saw a Babylonia Tricot Slen (I currently use the one of my brother/SIL and highly recommend it!) on there for a couple of euros and it looked like it was still in great shape!
I forgot about places like vinted and depop thank you!

On the topic of eggs I had a slightly traumatic experience eating them at about 5 and never tried them again until I was 26. And They’re still gross I did the same with bananas didn’t try one again until I was in my 20s 😂

as weird as I get is grapes out of the freezer

Reactions: 2
At the end of my tether tonight :( Me and OH do nights in shifts of 5 hours each since having Tommy home otherwise neither of us gets any sleep at all. By the time we settle we get a max of 3-4 hours sleep a day and because we alternate shift times each night, it's always 24h since we've last been to bed by the time we go. It's absolutely exhausting having a solid 5 hours with him on your own on so little sleep, you literally can't put him down for 5 minutes or he screams. The only salvation is that for the most part, we can at least sit down with him now but tonight he's having none of it and I'm losing my bleeping mind. I don't have the energy to walk around for 5 hours rocking and shushing him and I can't put him down and walk away because he'll wake OH up. I love him so much but my god he's terrorising the living tit out of us. I'm so bleeping sick of everyone saying "it'll get better", "ride it out", "it's only a phase", "appreciate it while you can because soon he won't want cuddles!". Yes that all might be true, but we are essentially tortured and it's hard to see all that when you are having to live it at the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
At the end of my tether tonight :( Me and OH do nights in shifts of 5 hours each since having Tommy home otherwise neither of us gets any sleep at all. By the time we settle we get a max of 3-4 hours sleep a day and because we alternate shift times each night, it's always 24h since we've last been to bed by the time we go. It's absolutely exhausting having a solid 5 hours with him on your own on so little sleep, you literally can't put him down for 5 minutes or he screams. The only salvation is that for the most part, we can at least sit down with him now but tonight he's having none of it and I'm losing my bleeping mind. I don't have the energy to walk around for 5 hours rocking and shushing him and I can't put him down and walk away because he'll wake OH up. I love him so much but my god he's terrorising the living tit out of us. I'm so bleeping sick of everyone saying "it'll get better", "ride it out", "it's only a phase", "appreciate it while you can because soon he won't want cuddles!". Yes that all might be true, but we are essentially tortured and it's hard to see all that when you are having to live it at the time.
That sounds so tough 😢 do you have any other family members or trusted friends who could sit with Tommy for a while during the day so you and dad can have a snooze? Sending love 💕

That sounds so tough 😢 do you have any other family members or trusted friends who could sit with Tommy for a while during the day so you and dad can have a snooze? Sending love 💕
No unfortunately not, we aren't close to our families and have no friends who live near by. I have such admiration for all the single parents out there, I'd go clinically insane honestly 😅

• Heart
3am club - when you baby wakes up and starts chatting to themselves in the cot (not crying). Do you leave them or go to them? I never know what’s best. Part of me wants to leave her so she can put herself back to sleep but as they’re still in our room I can’t sleep whilst she’s awake. So I normally end up getting up to give her a dummy etc. 🤷‍♀️. Luckily the other twin doesn’t normally wake, and unluckily husband just snores through (so jealous)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.