Netflix - Fool Me Once

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just don’t get the hype around this series , it’s got far to many characters and pointless things going on and I have to say I find Michelle very wooden I just can’t warm to her as a serious actress

Reactions: 16
I just don’t get the hype around this series , it’s got far to many characters and pointless things going on and I have to say I find Michelle very wooden I just can’t warm to her as a serious actress
She’s always Tina out of Corrie to me

Reactions: 19
I liked it for what it is but I think Emmett J. Scanlan and Adeel Akhtar were wasted because they're talented actors who have been in some fantastic shows.

Reactions: 16
I’ve just finished watching the whole series. It was sort of obvious what was going to happen after and I figured it out pretty early. It was completely over the top and far-fetched totally unrealistic. I think the writer Harlan Coben forgot that Britain doesn’t have the right to bear arms Like who has a selection of firearms to use at their own disposal, even ex army people don’t have that my sister and her husband are both ex forces. The only thing they would have as protection is frying pan.
I felt that there was too many story lines running along at once like the whole half brother thing seem pretty irrelevant. It could’ve been done in less time.
I think they could’ve done a little bit more of a backstory about Joes family and seen how Myers relationship was with him and her sister. I think they should’ve shown Claire digging into the family business the actress who plays, Claire Natalie Anderson could have had more of a role than she is a pretty good actress as well.
Maya seem to be leaving her little girl, with who ever she could given the stress and paranoia that she must’ve been going through it just doesn’t ringtail. You would want to keep your little girl close. Also who would do what she finally did to their own daughter. It’s just so selfish
Like someone else said it was a load of UK superstars, trying to branch out and do something serious, but it never quite hit the right note
---
Michelle Keegan definitely did not suit the roll her level is something like footballers wives or the soaps

Reactions: 15
Don’t get why everyone is so up Michelle’s arse over this. She is just Tina from Corrie in it and always will be no matter the role

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It was alright but nothing memorable , why on earth would you leave Lilly with Judith unsupervised when you knew she was dodgy 🤪 the 18 years later part was just ridiculous

Reactions: 29
Jesus Christ. Started watching this about half 11 thought id watch 1 episode and get some sleep… it’s 6.19am the kids will be up in 2 hours and I’ve just finished it!!!! I was so engrossed I didn’t even think about time passing 🤪🤪🤪

Ok just reading everyone else’s thoughts. I don’t think too deeply into stuff like this tbh I just enjoyed it for what it was and I thought it was great. A few things that didn’t make sense without logic but I’m happy to just gloss over these things

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Don’t get why everyone is so up Michelle’s arse over this. She is just Tina from Corrie in it and always will be no matter the role
Agree, I finished it last night and she is such a wooden actress! Yeah she’s the same in every role. I just couldn’t take her seriously when she had the gun in the car park and was swearing (don’t want to give too much away for people who are still watching) her expression never changes and I was so distracted by her face and all the work she’s had done. She’s just ok and that’s it, I’m guessing because this series in on Netflix people think she’s made it big, I don’t get it either. I don’t think people can take her seriously due to her choice of Husband 😂
---
Exactly she’s nothing compared to Jodie comer
Jodie Comer and Michelle Keegan don’t belong in the same sentence 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I enjoyed it for what it was. It had me hooked anyway.

I suggested to my partner who the killer may be quite early on, but never considered the link.

I’m still confused about Shane’s part - the sneaking in the garden and tagging the car

I thought the half brother might have turned out to be the whistleblower.

Reactions: 10
I enjoyed it for what it was. It had me hooked anyway.

I suggested to my partner who the killer may be quite early on, but never considered the link.

I’m still confused about Shane’s part - the sneaking in the garden and tagging the car

I thought the half brother might have turned out to be the whistleblower.
I’m confused about Shane too, maybe he tagged the car out of concern for her but they made him look sinister.

Reactions: 9
We love Emmett Scanlon in our house but he needs to keep his facial hair in future.
We've got a few episodes left to watch- ive got some ideas but its very odd and I'm very dissapointed by the lack of screentime the beautiful Richard Armitage has.
He's written a crime novel himself 'Geneva' which is quite good and I could see netflix picking up

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Was looking forward to this as had enjoyed the other series by the author (safe, the stranger,stay close) but this one fizzled out by about episode 4 🤷🏼‍♀️also by now was sick of seeing Michelle Keegan getting in her car and driving off ...somewhere.. again!!
The extra ending bit was absolutely ridiculous and wasn't needed imo 🙄 wonder if it was actually in the book ?!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
We love Emmett Scanlon in our house but he needs to keep his facial hair in future.
We've got a few episodes left to watch- ive got some ideas but its very odd and I'm very dissapointed by the lack of screentime the beautiful Richard Armitage has.
He's written a crime novel himself 'Geneva' which is quite good and I could see netflix picking up
He defo does!

Reactions: 1
I seen a video on TikTok of people asking various questions. One was asking why Maya’s LG stands in the bushes and shouts “dad”. I never even thought about it until I saw the video.

Anyway, someone commented and suggested that most of the “unanswered” questions are explained in the book. Had anyone read the book?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2