Netflix - Fool Me Once

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah ngl it doesn't make me want to read the book! It was an easy enough watch but dragged by the last couple of eps and the epilogue was corny lol, plus as we've all said you never actually connect with the main character and tbh her being a gun toting war criminal just makes her more unlikeable.

Had forgotten about Lily in the bushes saying dada. Maybe it was Shane lurking in there šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 7
Maya seem to be leaving her little girl, with who ever she could given the stress and paranoia that she mustā€™ve been going through it just doesnā€™t ringtail. You would want to keep your little girl close.
I completely agree. Sheā€™d be leaving Lily with someone 5 minutes after having a row with them. Literally makes no sense.

Reactions: 10
During one episode I said ā€˜whereā€™s her kidā€™ and my boyfriend said thatā€™s all Iā€™ve said the entire way through šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 16
An when she was with Lilly, Lily was sat eatting whist Mya was in a daze

Reactions: 3
Michelle reminded me so much of Suranne Jones
Yes but with far less gurning than Suranne.
---
Just finished it, but I have some point to make!
I enjoyed it, but there was no need for 8 episodes, I think it couldā€™ve been done better in 4 or 6 episodes.

- Did the writer decide to make Shane a baddy half way through, and then forget?

- What was the point of the half brother? Was it to make Eddie appear Geldof-esque?

- I guessed straight away that the very annoying Sami was being poisoned

- Why why WHY did Sami turn up at the hospital to see Lillyā€™s baby?! ā€œHey Lilly, remember that useless detective who failed to protect your mum at your nanaā€™s house? Well, heā€™s coming to see you and your baby! Heā€™s got glasses now anā€™ everything!ā€

- Was it just me who thought that Shane was Lillyā€™s babyā€™s daddy?? I thought that was such a strange twist, but Iā€™ve since read that heā€™s a family friend. I canā€™t be the only person who thought that, surely?!

Finally, I like Michelle Keegan as a screen actress.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I've just finished it. I enjoyed it but the ending was a bit of a let down for me. I was surprised who killed him though. I know it isn't real but she took the easy way out by letting them kill her.

Reactions: 5
Iā€™ve just finished it and over all enjoyed it. The only question I have though is how Judith / the nanny found out about the nanny cam! Only maya and her friend that placed the camera in the playroom knew about it?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I really enjoyed it and was gripped, but a lot of it didn't make sense, as mentioned Shane, nanny cam,
First acting role I've seen of Michelle, and I didn't think she was great - same bored face and dead eyes like Suranne Jones. I would have liked to see her look gritty looking (not because gorgeous women can't act but it might have given her acting more depth).
Not enough of Richard Armitage!
And Lily had a baby young 21?

Iā€™ve just watched 25 mins of safe itā€™s very similar to fool me once they all must be the sameish

Reactions: 2
I really enjoyed it too i sometimes struggle keeping up with a series as I loose interest half way through but this definitely kept me gripped
Michelle is not a terrible actress but I dont think she fitted this role I know she's 36 irl but she looked too young and fresh faced (the botox) to play a character that had been through what she had
Yes there were plot holes and I have questions but overall it was good
Also didn't get the half brother sub plot seemed a bit shoe horned in? Was there more to that character as he just seemed to cover across as a bit creepy, and the 18 years later scene didn't bring anything to the story either why did the detective go and see lily in the hospital? How would he have known her? Like they were old friends?
It came across as they only put that scene in so lily could call the baby maya
I wonder how true to the book the story was

Reactions: 4
The book didn't have anything about the step brother or the detective taking dodgy pills. The end scene was also set 25 years later not 18 year so not really sure why that was changed šŸ¤” Her best friend who gave her the nanny cam was also called Eileen, I'm sure in the series it was different. Only other change I can think of was it wasn't a gaming arcade it was a strip club in the book

Reactions: 8
I feel like I need to rewatch it, if she knew all the answers then why was she looking for them?

Reactions: 10
So many plot holes in that series but overall it was brilliant, I find all of HCā€™s books have real promise, but always have major ā€œTHAT COULD NOT HAPPENā€ flaws.
Michelle is a brilliant actress. For a British made thriller without a Hollywood budget it done really well.

She dumped her kid, who's father had just been murdered on anyone who was just around to run of and find the killer of her husband and her sister.

knowing of course who carried out the killings. Both of them

Reactions: 3
Re the very end, I just sort of assumed that Sami felt so bad for not going with Maya to help that he ended up staying close to Lily and Eddie because he felt like it was his faultā€¦. But as I typed that, I realised that the way him and Eddie spoke was as if they hadnā€™t seen each other for years so yeah, totally weird he would go to the hospital or even know there was a baby.

Reactions: 9
Finished it last night. What a waste of Richard Armitage!
The medication Sami was taking- who prescribed it and for what symptoms? Dod he just buy it online?

Reactions: 2