Netflix - Fool Me Once

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The worst bit for me was when she was flying the helicopter, looked down and saw the car that was following her straight away and landed it in a random field. Like, how close to the ground was she flying to be able to see that it was that car?! I know there was a tracker but still.
Maybe it annoyed me more than it should have but after that bit I was out.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She dumped her kid, who's father had just been murdered on anyone who was just around to run of and find the killer of her husband and her sister.

knowing of course who carried out the killings. Both of them
I keep thinking about this. The entire programme is ridiculous when you think of it this way.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
She dumped her kid, who's father had just been murdered on anyone who was just around to run of and find the killer of her husband and her sister.

knowing of course who carried out the killings. Both of them
And the fact that she was willing to die to expose the Burketts and leave her small child with no parents.

Reactions: 17
The whole show was crap, Eastenders was better. Actually I’d rather sit & watch Miranda

Natalie Cassidy is a better actress than Keegs

Reactions: 6
The worst bit for me was when she was flying the helicopter, looked down and saw the car that was following her straight away and landed it in a random field. Like, how close to the ground was she flying to be able to see that it was that car?! I know there was a tracker but still.
Maybe it annoyed me more than it should have but after that bit I was out.
I wanted to see the consequences of leaving the poor student unattended for what seemed like a while.
Surely she would have been sacked, and the story would have made the news, so why was there no focus on any of this!

Reactions: 3
Has anyone read any of his books? If so are they better than this adaptations
Yes.
No.

I only watched this because I’d read the book years ago and remembered that it was quite stupid and far-fetched but couldn’t recall the finer details.

And it turns out it was even stupider and more far-fetched than I remembered.

Reactions: 5
Yes.
No.

I only watched this because I’d read the book years ago and remembered that it was quite stupid and far-fetched but couldn’t recall the finer details.

And it turns out it was even stupider and more far-fetched than I remembered.
Thankyou for your reply I won't bother investing in one then 🙂

Watched it over the last couple of days and no offence but the constant dramatic music absolutely ruined it for me. Sure it’s meant to build suspense but it just felt so OTT.

Also, every set/location felt so clean and sterile in a way that seems artificial. Anyone else find that off-putting?

Reactions: 11
Thankyou for your reply I won't bother investing in one then 🙂
I've read a few of his books as undemanding beach-holiday escapism, and I've watched a few of the adaptations; overall, the books work a bit better as they're all set in the USA so the 'Hollywood' suspension of disbelief works in the same way that you can, for example, buy into Diehard whilst acknowledging that it's ludicrously implausible. Oddly, transferring them to an undefined English county doesn't work quite as well (especially given the plot reliance on guns, remote woodlands, etc.)

Each time I start one of these books or series, I get hooked by the deliciously intriguing premise (which almost always involves someone dead/missing potentially reappearing), then I start to find all the diversions and red herrings a bit tedious, but I keep going in the hope that it will all come together with a satisfying finale, then there's a bullshit ending and I get very annoyed and vow 'never again!' Until the next one sucks me in and I think 'well, it can't be as bad a the last one ...’ 🙄

Reactions: 3
I've read a few of his books as undemanding beach-holiday escapism, and I've watched a few of the adaptations; overall, the books work a bit better as they're all set in the USA so the 'Hollywood' suspension of disbelief works in the same way that you can, for example, buy into Diehard whilst acknowledging that it's ludicrously implausible. Oddly, transferring them to an undefined English county doesn't work quite as well (especially given the plot reliance on guns, remote woodlands, etc.)

Each time I start one of these books or series, I get hooked by the deliciously intriguing premise (which almost always involves someone dead/missing potentially reappearing), then I start to find all the diversions and red herrings a bit tedious, but I keep going in the hope that it will all come together with a satisfying finale, then there's a bullshit ending and I get very annoyed and vow 'never again!' Until the next one sucks me in and I think 'well, it can't be as bad a the last one ...’ 🙄
I'm only just getting in to the crime thriller and murder mystery genre as it's always been horror for me so I've watched a couple of the netflix adaptations as they were an easy watch to get in to they do always sound better than they turn out to be though 🙄
I'm a book worm so I wondered maybe If the books were worth reading instead but maybe not 🤣 will have to keep looking for some better ones 😉

Reactions: 2
Glad I’m not the only one who thought this was absolute shite. Was hoping I missed the hype so carried on watching .. shouldn’t have wasted my time.

Does michelle keegan have to play every character like Tina in Corrie??

The detectives home life, a load of tit

The nieces and nephews having a half brother. Zero relevance.

Really expected Shane to be involved in some way. Disappointing that didn’t happen.

The whole shooting thing at the end being ‘broadcast around the world’ then showing New York and Tokyo etc was absolutely hilarious, don’t think it was meant to be .

Too many plot holes, bad acting, poor script. Don’t bother !!

Reactions: 12
im not sure I have this 100% right but did lily have a baby in ith the army bloke who’d known her since she was a small child? Icky 🤢
I enjoyed watching it but the plot had more holes than Swiss cheese! MK is wooden and JL out acts them all.
---
The book didn't have anything about the step brother or the detective taking dodgy pills. The end scene was also set 25 years later not 18 year so not really sure why that was changed 🤔 Her best friend who gave her the nanny cam was also called Eileen, I'm sure in the series it was different. Only other change I can think of was it wasn't a gaming arcade it was a strip club in the book
I’m guessing it was changed because it’s easier to make the actors look 18 years older rather then 25

Reactions: 1
im not sure I have this 100% right but did lily have a baby in ith the army bloke who’d known her since she was a small child? Icky 🤢
I enjoyed watching it but the plot had more holes than Swiss cheese! MK is wooden and JL out acts them all.
---

I’m guessing it was changed because it’s easier to make the actors look 18 years older rather then 25
No there was a young bloke their who was clearly the father. Army guy was probably there as he was one of her mums oldest friends who she probably trusted and saw as a link back to her mum.

Basically when you evaluate it afterwards, it was a shite pointless plot 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Basically when you evaluate it afterwards, it was a shite pointless plot 🤣
Yep. These things are always like eating a shitload of junk food: seems like a good idea at the time, but afterwards you feel a bit ‘bluergh’ and irritated at yourself for being so weak and not seeking out a better use of your time.

Reactions: 13
I just presumed Shane tracked her as he knew she was being economical with the truth with him, and given he was doing favours for her he wanted to know what was up.

It was diverting enough tosh. I will probably watch next year’s one. Which will also have Richard Armitage in it.

Reactions: 5
Yep. These things are always like eating a shitload of junk food: seems like a good idea at the time, but afterwards you feel a bit ‘bluergh’ and irritated at yourself for being so weak and not seeking out a better use of your time.
I kept thinking ffs those hours I lost, how I can make it up (as if 've got a magical time travel machine to cancel my lost hours 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I’m on episode 5 and whilst I’m really watching it to check out MKs wardrobe, how many storylines
does this series need?? Bloody hell, dead husband, murdered sister, dodgy footy coach, dead brother, dead brothers dead mate, secret brothers, nanny cam, bumbling detective and his sidekick… honestly don’t know whether I’m coming or going! It starts to lose sight of the main plot line. Considering Judith has lost 2 sons in tragic circumstances, as has Maya with her sister and husband, neither seem too upset by this. You’d expect them to be drowning in the same clothes for days. And she never has that kid with her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Binged it over two days and enjoyed it/wanted to know the outcome but also thought it was a load of old tosh that was horribly acted in parts and had a comedic amount of sudden dramatic music 🤣 some of the twists were genuinely shocking/surprising though, and Sami's realisation about his health and resolution of that towards the end made me cry, but that could be because I was up with my baby half the night so can't think straight 😅

I quite enjoyed the outcome - I agree parts seemed utterly pointless but I think Maya digging for the truth was because she knew what had happened but not why.

Michelle Keegan definitely had Surname Jones vibes, and with her voice being more gruff and exaggeratedly northern when she was angry she sounded like Mel B 😂

Overall it was enjoyable crap that passed some time when I was tired and not feeling well!