Netflix - Fool Me Once

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies, I've not read this thread incase of spoilers, but just wondering something...!
We've just watched the third episode, and honestly.. It's shite! The acting is shite. I want to know how it ends though! So if we skip to the last episode will it make sense or do we need to watch the whole bloody thing?? 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Apologies, I've not read this thread incase of spoilers, but just wondering something...!
We've just watched the third episode, and honestly.. It's shite! The acting is shite. I want to know how it ends though! So if we skip to the last episode will it make sense or do we need to watch the whole bloody thing?? 🤦🏼‍♀️
I think if you watched the last two you’d be okay. The last episode is only half an hour anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I gave up on this crap after three or four episodes. Too ridiculous and Michele K was terrible to watch.

May I recommend American Nightmare on Netflix instead? It’s a three part true crime documentary and is SO gripping. Just brilliant.

I didn't rate this, but it just about managed to hold me for the duration (just) - It was about 7 episodes too long (y)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Just finished this last night and it proper annoyed me.

If she knew the whole time that Joe killed her sister and why… what was the whole point of being lead on a merry goose chase about it for 7 episodes?!

Reactions: 9
Just finished this last night and it proper annoyed me.

If she knew the whole time that Joe killed her sister and why… what was the whole point of being lead on a merry goose chase about it for 7 episodes?!
She knew he'd killed her but not why, so she played the grieving widow in front of the police/family while she tried to work out what her sister had found out to make her husband kill her (presumably to get answers but also to work out how far-reaching it was and who else was dangerous). Unfortunately most of this happened in a farcical way with poor acting 😅 but the basic premise made sense to me!

Reactions: 2
Great article which I think sums up these shows

“The greasy takeaway of tv” - exactly my view of these bloody awful yet weirdly irresistible programmes!:

Yep. These things are always like eating a shitload of junk food: seems like a good idea at the time, but afterwards you feel a bit ‘bluergh’ and irritated at yourself for being so weak and not seeking out a better use of your time.

Reactions: 3
Watched this against my will after my other half telling me it would be really good. I said it would be tosh and it was tosh 🤣 Agree with a previous comment about the whole premise basically being Maya dumping her kid to run here there and everywhere to solve a murder committed by her and a murder committed by her husband. Just not believable at all. The only thing I've ever thought Michelle was good in is Our Girl, but she did not suit this role at all. Far too glam and not motherly at all. I guessed it was Maya that killed Joe as soon as the hidden handgun was shown in the gun safe. Was the 18 year flashforward really necessary?? I have to say, I don't usually watch things like this as I just pick them apart 😅 so not sure if I've seen any other HC adaptions but I certainly won't be rushing to watch any more.

Reactions: 5
I’ve not read the whole thread, I finished this the other night and the plot holes just killed me!! Joanna Lumley was vile, but I love the detective, and I liked his sidekick too. They were actually fun to watch.the chugging down pills was a bit obvious that they were making him ill, I must say, twigged that right away, don’t get why army guy was in her house and setting her car alarm off, among other weirdness
---
Ohh I love Adeel - he always looks so weary and fed up with the world bless him, I was surprised he's only 43!! I first saw him in Four Lions when he played a dim terrorist who covered his beard with his hands to pretend to be a woman, and am always happy to spot him in stuff since then!
I like him too but was also seriously shocked when I looked how old he was!! I figured he was nearing old enough to be my dad, and I’m older than him. He’s clearly fitter than me though, all that running he did! I’d have died.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I

I was suprised to see The Arcade Club in Bury being used as 'Arcade One'. I have been a few times. It is actually a really cool place if you like games. It is absolutely huge and has multiple floors. You pay a fee on entry and all the games are set as free to play. Irl it does not have dark and creepy mood lighting, but it does tend to get very hot and sweaty.
I’ve been there too! I gleefully told my partner who didn’t look particularly impressed. One of the better ones I’ve been too. Arcains in Liverpool isn’t bad, either.