Netflix - Fool Me Once

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another Harlan Corben adaptation that has been released today.

Main cast:
Michelle Keegan
Richard Armitage
Adeel Akhtar
Joanna Lumley
Emmett J. Scanlan
Dino Fetscher

I've just started it so no thoughts so far but hoping Michelle's acting is better than her performance in the BBC show she was in 2023.

Reactions: 1
She's better than in Ten Pound Poms, but her face is frozen and so many actresses would have been better in the part.

It's OK but it's dragged out and is one of the weaker adaptions. A lot in the middle was just background noise in the end for me
---
Final episode is good actually.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Watching it now, not got my hopes too high as I thought the other two Harlan Coben series were ridiculous
---

Reactions: 7
Got bored around episode 4.
Bad acting. Didn't like any of the characters at all.
Only good thing were michelle keegans clothes and I kept getting distracted by her face I think cameras nowadays are just too HD.

Reactions: 19
Just finished episode 4 and as mentioned above, already feel like it’s dragging out. Still enjoying it so will catch up with the rest tonight.

Reactions: 4
Not liking it so far. Another wooden performance from Keegan. She is overrated.

For me its her calm reaction of seeing her husband on the nanny cam, when she got pepper sprayed she just sat nursing her face when you would be calling 999 screaming that you've seen your husband and the nanny attacked you. Even when she went to her house and seen her hiding I'd rip the door down and drag the nanny out by the hair.

It's piss poor so far

Reactions: 14
Yes her hair and clothes are impeccable and face never shows any emotion regardless of what happens.

Reactions: 17
I quite liked it! It wasn't ground-breaking by any stretch but it was an easy watch, I binged it in a day.
I think it's probably one of the better things Mich Keegan has done.
I loveee Emmett Scanlan :love:

Reactions: 11
Didn't need 8 episodes, was far too dragged out IMO. Silly ending but by that point I found I didn't even care about what was going to happen.

Tbh I think each series has got progressively worse since Safe, yet I still get excited and binge in a day

Reactions: 25
I wasn't keen on the ending but I had guessed the plot but was hoping I was wrong.

Reactions: 2
I enjoyed the convoluted plot but some of it seemed futile, like the half brother. Also the dialogue just didn’t ring true. In what world do people knock on someone’s door and demand to speak to them as a complete stranger with no explanation??
---
Yes her hair and clothes are impeccable and face never shows any emotion regardless of what happens.
that’s the trouble with Botox. Not that I wouldn’t have it myself but when you’re an actor it causes issues…

Reactions: 6
i am probably being blonde but surely if your wife had been killed by a burglar ( allegedly) and also a husband was killed randomly by thieves you wouldn't happily stay in the homes putting children at risk? she's not even bothered she's alone with a young child knowing something isn't right?

also how many coats does she own, she's definitely not looking like a grieving widow with her fancy clothes and make up daily ( for what) and isn't afraid to leave her child with anyone. surely she would want to be spending every second with the child who's just lost her father??

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I didnt know if I was watching Doctor Foster, Fall of the House of Usher, Grand Designs or Line of Duty. But i enjoyed it.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
The ill, piss poor detective and that crappy acting goon sidekick of his were abysmal, added nothing to the investigation

The half brother and the ex - why? Zero relevance to the storyline

Emmett Scanlan - total waste of character, didn't explain his shifty ways at night, tagging her car. I put it down as him being a bit obsessed with her

I found the pharmaceutical botched pills storyline stupid, and out of all the big pharmas in the world, the detective happened to be using the pills from the family.

And what happened if Keegan couldn't be arsed checking the nanny cam, there wouldn't be a series at all.

I think it's time to give these Coben series to bed, they're mediocre at best.

Reactions: 17