Netflix - Fool Me Once

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finished Fool me once last night
Omg I loved it 🤪
But can anyone explain why Shane was lurking about outside mayas house and set her alarm off one time?

Reactions: 7
Hollywood is calling for Michelle Keegan based on this?!!!! Really?

It is appalling. The script is terrible. That and the combination of very bad acting. I’ve actually laughed out loud in places, and I’m honestly not being too harsh.
The acting from quite a lot of the supporting cast are like pantomime acting. Michelle Keegan is Michelle Keegan. Pretty much from the opening scene where she’s burying her husband, there is next to no emotion from her face, or anyone else’s faces for that matter. It all feels very half arsed. Michelle Keegan’s make up looks nice, even after a tough work out and after she’s face planted the woodland floor.

I’m on episode 3 and I think after this i’ll give up. I’ve only just finished watching The Squid Games, and when you’ve been spoiled by the quality of that production, and then move onto this, it feels woefully feeble.

Also… this - WTF?!!

IMG_8040.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I liked it, kept me interested to see who did it. Which I was surprised. However there were unneeded plot points and things I disliked.

I don't think the secret nephew and ex plot was needed, she didn't even meet the new nephew before the end. Would have made sense to have him mentioned to coming to visit the baby in the flash forward.

Reactions: 4
I have 2 episodes left to go. The first episode was really good. After that it got ridiculous, but still enjoying how trash it is.

It feels a little overstuffed with plots. I feel like ITV could have done a version of this story in less episodes, by cutting out some of plot threads.

I honestly don't believe Michelle as ex military. Her entire look, makeup, hair, the work she has done on her face, just doesn't seem to fit that. Would expect someone who is used to the discipline of military life, and actually being sent on missions, but have a more practical look.

I don't watch Coronation Street, but I catch bits of it as my family are fans so i end up seeing random episodes Sometimes. Part way though watching I said that Michelle looked more like someone who would own a buisness on Coronation Street, like the knicker factory or the pub or something, because that was hoe she was styled. And my mum just laughed and said well she was in it...

I was suprised to see The Arcade Club in Bury being used as 'Arcade One'. I have been a few times. It is actually a really cool place if you like games. It is absolutely huge and has multiple floors. You pay a fee on entry and all the games are set as free to play. Irl it does not have dark and creepy mood lighting, but it does tend to get very hot and sweaty.

Reactions: 2
Hollywood is calling for Michelle Keegan based on this?!!!! Really?

It is appalling. The script is terrible. That and the combination of very bad acting. I’ve actually laughed out loud in places, and I’m honestly not being too harsh.
The acting from quite a lot of the supporting cast are like pantomime acting. Michelle Keegan is Michelle Keegan. Pretty much from the opening scene where she’s burying her husband, there is next to no emotion from her face, or anyone else’s faces for that matter. It all feels very half arsed. Michelle Keegan’s make up looks nice, even after a tough work out and after she’s face planted the woodland floor.

I’m on episode 3 and I think after this i’ll give up. I’ve only just finished watching The Squid Games, and when you’ve been spoiled by the quality of that production, and then move onto this, it feels woefully feeble.

Also… this - WTF?!!
I stopped watching in the middle of episode 4. I had never read or watched anything by this writer, but wow, the way you could tell Maya was written by a man who has never met a woman 😂 add to that her robotic acting, there was nothing appealing about this lead to me.
Also, I hate when characters do dumb things or just don’t do a logical thing simply because the writer has pages to fill. One example: the detectives interviewing the nanny. Why on earth do you not ask her where the sd card is?? You were so close?

Reactions: 6
I stopped watching in the middle of episode 4. I had never read or watched anything by this writer, but wow, the way you could tell Maya was written by a man who has never met a woman 😂 add to that her robotic acting, there was nothing appealing about this lead to me.
Also, I hate when characters do dumb things or just don’t do a logical thing simply because the writer has pages to fill. One example: the detectives interviewing the nanny. Why on earth do you not ask her where the sd card is?? You were so close?
When the nanny arrived at the house, I thought she was rushing downstairs to take the memory card out and keep it safe.
I know there would be no story if she had the proof he was still alive, but to be honest it was a pitiful story anyway.
Also when she found her sisters spare phone, she showed it to the husband. What was the point in her sneaking around finding it if she was just going to have to knee him in the nuts to take it with her.
Everything was very conveniently set up, like the kids finding the photo real, and the pregnancy photo date stamped - from a film reel?? A digital camera my have a date stamped photo but not a disposable camera.

It was pathetic. I cannot get my head around why people are raving about it. The acting was really dreadful. The guy who played the police officer was awful, so it must have been the script/editing/direction because he was in Utopia and he was great in that.

The whole thing was off, and they’re now talking about MK being a Bond girl off the back of it. I think not.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
When the nanny arrived at the house, I thought she was rushing downstairs to take the memory card out and keep it safe.
I know there would be no story if she had the proof he was still alive, but to be honest it was a pitiful story anyway.
Also when she found her sisters spare phone, she showed it to the husband. What was the point in her sneaking around finding it if she was just going to have to knee him in the nuts to take it with her.
Everything was very conveniently set up, like the kids finding the photo real, and the pregnancy photo date stamped - from a film reel?? A digital camera my have a date stamped photo but not a disposable camera.

It was pathetic. I cannot get my head around why people are raving about it. The acting was really dreadful. The guy who played the police officer was awful, so it must have been the script/editing/direction because he was in Utopia and he was great in that.

The whole thing was off, and they’re now talking about MK being a Bond girl off the back of it. I think not.
ALSO, the son opened the camera with the film still in it, that would have ruined every photo on it!! 😂 don’t people remember that?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It was pathetic. I cannot get my head around why people are raving about it. The acting was really dreadful. The guy who played the police officer was awful, so it must have been the script/editing/direction because he was in Utopia and he was great in that
Must just be me -- I think Adeel is a lousy actor. Hated him in everything & I couldn't stand his "I'm on to you" face in FMO, it's all very drama school.

Reactions: 3
Must just be me -- I think Adeel is a lousy actor. Hated him in everything & I couldn't stand his "I'm on to you" face in FMO, it's all very drama school.
Ohh I love Adeel - he always looks so weary and fed up with the world bless him, I was surprised he's only 43!! I first saw him in Four Lions when he played a dim terrorist who covered his beard with his hands to pretend to be a woman, and am always happy to spot him in stuff since then!

Reactions: 5
Ohh I love Adeel - he always looks so weary and fed up with the world bless him, I was surprised he's only 43!! I first saw him in Four Lions when he played a dim terrorist who covered his beard with his hands to pretend to be a woman, and am always happy to spot him in stuff since then!
Oh I forgot Four Lions, loved that!

43? That's fucked up, he looks 60.

• Haha
And yet I already know that I will watch the hell out of these, then hate myself for having wasted my precious time on such utter swill 😁
Same. I’ve binge watched four of the series in the past week and with every one I give out that it’s pure crap….then proceed to start another one.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Same. I’ve binge watched four of the series in the past week and with every one I give out that it’s pure crap….then proceed to start another one.
I'm keen to watch more of them for the entertainment value - is there one you'd recommend as less tit than the rest?!

I'm keen to watch more of them for the entertainment value - is there one you'd recommend as less tit than the rest?!
Stay Close is the best of the ones I’ve seen.

The Stranger is OK, I guessed the twists early on but liked Richard Armitage in it.

I just finished Safe yesterday - not a fan, I didn’t really care about any of the characters so didn’t care what happened to any of them.

I might try some of the foreign language ones - I think the one in French is supposed to be good.

• Heart
Stay Close is the best of the ones I’ve seen.

The Stranger is OK, I guessed the twists early on but liked Richard Armitage in it.

I just finished Safe yesterday - not a fan, I didn’t really care about any of the characters so didn’t care what happened to any of them.

I might try some of the foreign language ones - I think the one in French is supposed to be good.
Thank you! I think Stay Close might actually be on my watch later list, I remember adding some random thing with James Nesbitt to it a few months ago! I'll give it a go next ☺

Reactions: 1
I particularly liked the part when the nephew found a piece of paper with his DNA results on in a random box.
What a bag of bollocks.

• Haha
Reactions: 9