Neighbours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like losing Roxy and Kyle, for the Rodwells is a 💩 swap. I really like Roxy. Kyles lost so much weight recently he looks like a different person.
Was it the actors choice to leave or were they axed I wonder? Big mistake if they were axed, especially so close to the show ending.

I’d say it was their choice. That storyline will be written a while before the rumours and conformation that the show was finishing. So they would’ve left regardless.
It’s been rumoured that Chris has been leaving for a while (would’ve possibly left before now given chance) and a lot of the younger one who come in when their in their late teens and early twenties often only stay a few years. Zima was probably at the end of her contract and wanted to explore her other options.

Reactions: 3
Lots of on location story lines….that’s where their money has gone lol the Montana storyline is crap!

Reactions: 5
Lots of on location story lines….that’s where their money has gone lol the Montana storyline is crap!
Yes and the Harlow storyline was very weak I have to admit. The money it would have cost to come over, pay Amanda Holden for her part and even Sophie Ellis Baxter for her little part. I do love Neighbours for its escapism and will be so sad when August comes, but have to say I found the London storyline not great...Very happy Roxy is pregnant sad they are both going before the end..

What on earth was that section with the oldies (soz Toady) at Clive’s place! It was like a ridiculous sales pitch. I was half expecting one of them to look directly in to the camera and say “available now at a reduced rate for a limited time”

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Have Roxy and Kyle already left? TV guides all say 12th is their final episode and the residents have a party to send them off but today Toadie made reference to them not being across the street anymore, as if they'd already left.

Toadie is exploring to go on home away
As Toadie?

sad I know but the other day I saw the end of H&A and counted their regular cast is 14 people. Neighbours is 27 so that’s clearly why they are spending so much, plus all the location shooting. Maybe they thought Channel 5 would pay for anything and their bluff was called?

I feel like they knew they were getting cancelled and wanted to use up the cash. Cause these new sets, locations, Harlow in London etc. have been pointless they add nothing to the show.

Reactions: 2
April Rose Pengilly turned 34 today. You wouldn't know it with how young she looks. Must be her vegetarian lifestyle...

Sad to see Kyle and Roxy go but glad they went together happily married kid on the way for a happy ending.

I could save the show a heck of a lot of money if I was in charge to make it last longer or give it a better chance of surviving.

Reactions: 6
I think they have just been enjoying spending the Ch5 cash before it ends recently with all the outdoor locations 😂

I think they have just been enjoying spending the Ch5 cash before it ends recently with all the outdoor locations 😂
I think Neighbours could have saved a lot of money and had a better chance to survive if they had slashed the cast to Paul, Karl, Susan, Amy, Nell, Terese, Aaron, David, Chloe, Mckenzie, Hendrix, Zara, Hugo and Nicolette.

That would mean getting rid of some of the boring regulars like Ned, Jane and Harlow and regulars in the credits we hardly ever see like Mel and Clive.

You'd also be getting rid of pointless bit part characters, cameo roles and characters added to the show even though the show were well aware of money issues so Kiri, Curtis, anyway Rodwell/Laing character and the money spent on the likes of Amanda Holden, Tammin Sursok and Sophie Ellis Bextor.

I wouldn't be spending money on outside filming like beach scenes or having a useless London storyline as a legal reason so Gemma Donovan could come see her family and get straight back in to Australia after.

Love these filming photos.......

Gary Canning as a anti vax politician is the storyline we should have got......

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.