Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FijiNour

Chatty Member
I’m going to full cheese with my suggestion 😂:

“Neighbours: that’s when good tattlers become good friends”

• Heart
Reactions: 17

RJF

VIP Member
I hope that the final episode involves somebody moving out of Ramsay Street. In the final scene, the new occupants drive into the street. They stepped out of the car and it is Scott and Charlene. They look up at their new home, turn to each other and smile. Roll credits.

That way, they get to be part of the final sendoff without overshadowing the entire thing.

Reactions: 13

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
How about nobody comes back and we let the current full time cast end the show without bringing people back to steal the spotlight?

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Thelmachops

VIP Member
I'm in a panic this morning and I know it's going to sound pathetic but I'm so upset that Neighbours is being axed! I have watched it from the start..it like another one of daily routines gone!

I stopped watching H&A a couple of years ago as I thought the storyline were too over the top..I have been watching the old ones on Prime though..

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Em_

VIP Member
I’m gutted. I love neighbours, it’s my 20 mins of sun and relax. I’ve watched for over 30 years.
It’s like when they cancelled shortland street all over again.
There are a few petitions going round, they are being shared on the neighbours group

C5 gave up on neighbours a long time ago, they messed around during the pandemic and we were months behind and now we're a day ahead. C5 was the worst thing to happen to the show.
I can't understand why people are on here commenting that they're glad it's finishing because they find it boring, don't watch it then. It's a great show for escapism, covid doesn't exist, they have some bat shit crazy storylines, it's great.

Reactions: 10

RJF

VIP Member
The Kennedy kids are at the top of my comeback list (especially Libby).

Reactions: 9

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
This is quite disappointing and makes me quite sad. It’s been a part of my daily routine since before I can remember. I doubt another channel will take it on though, if channel five drop it unfortunately I think that will be the end.

• Sad

Multi-21

VIP Member
I hope they put Chloe with Pierce and not Ellie. I think the wedding may have been a good final episode.
They are rehashing this whole rushed wedding from just a couple of months ago when Kyle was ill and he and Roxy rushed to get married without even living together.
I’d like to see Chloe and Pierce back together. She still has a lovely relationship with Hendrix as well.

Hattieliz

Genuinely will be heartbroken if it’s axed despite the fact I spend most of the episode saying how ridiculous the show is!

I love you neighbours. I take it all back.

• Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I’m all for saving the show but I can’t see it happening. I think soaps have had their day and I wouldn’t be surprised to see one of the UK soaps axed in the near future as well. The thing that gets me the most though is that Neighbours is in far better shape than it’s UK counterparts, and that it’s being dropped while Eastenders is still on air despite being unwatchable tripe really stings.

Em_

VIP Member
No she’s an activist she hasn’t had surgery or anything
She is trans, her parents supported her from being a child, whether she's had the full surgery or not, she is transgender.

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
Proper families with sibling groups is what the shows missing atm imo and has been for a while(not including Nell and Hugo or Isla as they’re not really on screen that much nor really do any talking).

I grew up with the martins and Kennedy kids as a child and then into my teens there was the Scullys and then harolds family (Serena/David and his wife) the hoylands and the Sky/Stigray era.
On to the Donna/Ringo/Declan/Bridget era and into the Willis/Turner generation. There was always lots of family’s and the traditional neighbours extended family units of waifs and strays.

The last proper family unit to come in was Dippi and Shane which was 2017. I know it’s 2022 and traditional family units aren’t necessarily representative but the shows always had families with good range of ages (at least in my lifetime) but these days it’s lots of adults and random individuals.

Last edited:

Danmax

Anyone else want this stupid cult storyline to end, it's really getting on my nerves now hopefully it stops well before neighbours ends.

Chosen.One

Chatty Member
I still think the racism accusations were sour grapes that certain actors got the boot or didn't have their guest stint extended. There was an Aboriginal man who lived with Karl and Susan a few years back - ex-army, I think? - he never had any complaints.

I have seen people mention that "Dipi" was a nightmare to work with, which I could definitely see as she seems to think she's better than everyone else.

It is very sad ... the end of an era. I do understand the real-life residents' feelings about it:
... Sure, the extra income from having a 'TV house' would be nice, but can you imagine how many unsolicited "visitors" you'd get? I wouldn't like it.

Another reason I've always preferred Home and Away is because of its stunning location. But now that show's real-life residents have kicked up a stink (https://www.smh.com.au/national/int...ts-welcome-at-palm-beach-20220120-p59pv7.html), maybe its days are numbered too?
The character you’re talking about is Ned and actually the actor that played him, Meyne Wyatt, stood up for Sharon Johal and said he had been a victim of racism too if that’s what you meant by no complaints

Reactions: 8