Neighbours #3 Our Neighbours have come home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved Clive and Sheila, but I loved Sheila.
Her exit is still so perplexing to me. The way she just disappeared made me think Colette Mann was told to leave - even if she’s said she wanted it that way, it makes no sense as no other character has vanished when the actor is leaving under normal circumstance. I wonder if maybe it was something to do with the racism issue that appeared in the press, but who knows.

Reactions: 9
Her exit is still so perplexing to me. The way she just disappeared made me think Colette Mann was told to leave - even if she’s said she wanted it that way, it makes no sense as no other character has vanished when the actor is leaving under normal circumstance. I wonder if maybe it was something to do with the racism issue that appeared in the press, but who knows.
It's pretty obvious she was the one who was found to be racist and asked to leave. Sharon Johal (Dipi Rebecchi) said she had made racism complaints and had to work with the actor involved, there was a HR investigation as you would in any employer. My guess is the investigation went in Sharon's favour and they asked Colette to leave (basically be fired) and if she went quietly they'd keep the details private (otherwise she'd never work again - who'd hire a racist?) Entirely circumstantial of course but reading between the lines and of the abrupt nature of Sheila's departure it seems obvious.

Reactions: 8
Sheila was the traditional Neighbours matriarch and hasn’t really been replaced. I think Wendy Rodwell is supposed to be that character, but it really doesn’t work for me. We definitely need someone new, from the Sheila mould!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Colette Mann (Sheila) is in England at the moment, she does cameo messages now and is doing a meet & greet in London next week. (I follow her on Twitter/X)
She’s in something called Fisk on ITVX

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Colette Mann (Sheila) is in England at the moment, she does cameo messages now and is doing a meet & greet in London next week. (I follow her on Twitter/X)
She’s in something called Fisk on ITVX
She was in one episode, it's on Netflix and it's worth a watch I really enjoyed the show.
---
Sheila was the traditional Neighbours matriarch and hasn’t really been replaced. I think Wendy Rodwell is supposed to be that character, but it really doesn’t work for me. We definitely need someone new, from the Sheila mould!
They do need a new matriarch. I can't warm to Wendy, I can't believe they decided to bring back the Rodwells over other characters.

Reactions: 3
Before it ended they hinted at a back story to Wendy to explain why she’s a people pleasure. I wonder if they will still do this and then Wendy will develop more as a character.

Reactions: 2
Terese and Paul have so much chemistry, it was evident in the scene of him asking her to be get to know Reece. I was beginning to think that maybe Toadie and Terese could work, but in relaity it's so unbelievable.

Why are Team Rodwell going to the pictures (leaving the house empty) but Wendy is at a job interview and daughter is in the house?! What the fk is happening with the continuity. The way they are dropping stuff into different scenes is crazy, and not subtle at all. Reckon I’m gonns give it another week (we go away the week after) and see if we pick it back up.

The whole show since it returned feels a bit weird. I don't really care about the JJ paternity storyline because he comes from a new family and there hasn't been enough time to build an interest.

Reece staying in the hotel for weeks on end to keep an eye on how things are going just feels unrealistic. I know it's a plot device to explain the introduction of an American character, but it's so contrived.

It feels like they're starting with the outcome of a storyline then working backwards to get to that point without really thinking about the backwards part. An example being where Wendy was hunting through the bin was daft and then it was clear it was only introduced as a plot device to get JJ the keys to her house.

I mean, I get it's a soap, and I wouldn't mind if it was one storyline, but it's multiple.

I agree with those saying Mike is probably going to get killed off in a bike accident. I thought it as soon as Jane insisted on Mike going on his bike tour. As others have said, it was good of Guy Pearce to come back. He could have refused which would have left the writers with developing a reason for him to get written out, but it seems he returned to give Mike a proper send off, which shows he has a lot of affection for the show.

Reactions: 7
Reece staying in the hotel for weeks on end to keep an eye on how things are going just feels unrealistic
I think it’s more unrealistic Paul is still living in the penthouse two years on
How much income is Lassiters missing out on because no one else can hire it?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.