Neighbours #3 Our Neighbours have come home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t see them adding to the cast until they’re confident they’ve got a consistently high-enough audience figure, to warrant the extra cost. I also wonder if the actors are on a fixed-term contract, in case it didn’t work out…
I think they'll be on a 2 year contract, we'll define heritage cast members. I just hope that it gets extended past the two years.

Reactions: 1
I read an article yesterday saying viewing figures in Australia weren’t very good but I don’t know if freevee release their figures

But are the viewing figures in relation to other showed or in relation to previous neighbours figures as one of the issues was it’s not been widely viewed in Australia for a long time and it’s been overseas figures that have kept it going.

Alan Fletcher said that he was on a 12 month contract for years. It was pretty standard to only give 12 month contracts so I guess it’s something they are all pretty used to.

Reactions: 5
I read an article yesterday saying viewing figures in Australia weren’t very good but I don’t know if freevee release their figures
It’s the most popular show on the Freevee app. I wouldn’t worry too much about the Aussie ratings. They’ve never been stellar and comparable to UK viewing figures.

IMG_3804.jpeg

Reactions: 9
These are the first titles I remember. So I guess I got into Neighbours when I was 8 😂
How to make a person feel old! I watched it from about 1986 to 1995...Then college and work took over...I came back to it in 2021, so big gap in my Neighbours knowledge as I say..I could do with a copy of the history book! 😆 I have read a blast from the early 90s is coming back and can't wait! I am sure Mel must come back at some point, can't think this is it for her...Nel is a little pain in the rear, but I would have probably been the same if I was in her shoes I guess...
---
Toadie and family are walking towards his old house in the opening titles, not number 22
Good spot!

Reactions: 2
I don't think terese & toadie have any chemistry as a couple, but I think that is all on toadie, I'm not sure he has had chemistry with many people whereas terese seems to work well with all the other cast. Maybe toadie has had his day?

How to make a person feel old! I watched it from about 1986 to 1995...Then college and work took over...I came back to it in 2021, so big gap in my Neighbours knowledge as I say..I could do with a copy of the history book! 😆 I have read a blast from the early 90s is coming back and can't wait! I am sure Mel must come back at some point, can't think this is it for her...Nel is a little pain in the rear, but I would have probably been the same if I was in her shoes I guess...
---

Good spot!
Speaking of 90s neighbours this was the first time I felt grief as a child 😂.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
But are the viewing figures in relation to other showed or in relation to previous neighbours figures as one of the issues was it’s not been widely viewed in Australia for a long time and it’s been overseas figures that have kept it going.

Alan Fletcher said that he was on a 12 month contract for years. It was pretty standard to only give 12 month contracts so I guess it’s something they are all pretty used to.
I wouldn’t worry about the aus figures too much. They have been dire for years. It was the international audience keeping the show going.

Reactions: 6
I ended up having a huge Wikipedia binge after going to read it to see what story lines Debbie Martin had. I remember hating her sister Hannah coz she was so annoying. Apparently she's a newsreader on German TV now.

Reactions: 4
I ended up having a huge Wikipedia binge after going to read it to see what story lines Debbie Martin had. I remember hating her sister Hannah coz she was so annoying. Apparently she's a newsreader on German TV now.
I loved Debbie, Libby and Danni Stark when I was younger.

Reactions: 4
I rewatched libby and Drew’s wedding again. Karl made a speech and mentioned mentioned that Libby was I think 21/22? I remember at the time thinking she was so grown up and now I watch it (in my 40s) and think she’s so young.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I rewatched libby and Drew’s wedding again. Karl made a speech and mentioned mentioned that Libby was I think 21/22? I remember at the time thinking she was so grown up and now I watch it (in my 40s) and think she’s so young.
Same here, I was surprised at how young she was

Reactions: 3
Been lurking here a while and I hope you don't mind me joining in but I'm just really not enjoying the new reboot. The sound is weird, the cameras make everyone look awful and no stories are gripping me at all. I turned off today's episode half way through.

I feel bad pointing this out because I am and remain grateful it has been rebooted..However continuity...Terese said to Reece Paul had 6 ex wives dotted throughout the globe...no...5 still alive...Also why is she still called Willis? I thought with Paul it was a business decision maybe, but seems she is not taking Toadie's name either.....

Yes I noticed she was still using Willis which in itself was her married name

I feel like Amazon are adding in more and longer adverts since the first week but that might just be my perception and not actually happening

Yes I noticed she was still using Willis which in itself was her married name

I feel like Amazon are adding in more and longer adverts since the first week but that might just be my perception and not actually happening
I had 3 ad breaks last week, but only 2 this week. The ads were also 30 seconds, but they're longer now. I also can't skip the opening titles. I'm glad it's back, but they need more cast members. I'm hoping we get some decent storylines soon.

I had 3 ad breaks last week, but only 2 this week. The ads were also 30 seconds, but they're longer now. I also can't skip the opening titles. I'm glad it's back, but they need more cast members. I'm hoping we get some decent storylines soon.
yeah I noticed no 'skip titles' I watch online though so just move my curser to the 1min mark

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.