Neighbours #3 Our Neighbours have come home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe it’s just me but it sounds like Jackie Woodburne keeps slipping into her natural Northern Irish accent. In real life it’s quite prominent with a bit of an Aussie twang. I suppose she just got out of the habit of playing Susan. But it reminded me a bit of how David Jason never seemed to get Del Boy’s accent right after he’d not played him for a whole.
Susan's definitely the character I've felt hasn't quite slipped back into it yet this week. Karl seems normal though. I also think Toadie is smiling weirdly, although that might all be tied into how strange I'm finding the him and Terese coupling (still not loving it).

I'd replied to someone a few pages back saying that I didn't think four episodes rather than five would make a difference. However, I take that back now I'm sat here at the time I'd normally put it on, feeling a bit miffed that I've only got Home and Away tonight.

Reactions: 4
I heard Jackie woodbourne being interviewed so many times and I cannot ever hear anything but an Australian accent….. like yes she may have been born in northern Ireland but all I can hear is Australian lol

Reactions: 2
Me too! Completely forgot about it not being on and went to watch. Does seem a bit weird but would rather have 4 days than none.
Interesting about accents. My mother in law moved from Scotland at 16 to Yorkshire but has spent most of her adult life in the midlands. She has a very random accent some words are very Scottish, and some Yorkshire twang. I wonder if some people are more prone to picking up accents.
In neighbours I think Andrew Robinsons was the most hilarious as they had to invent a reason why he had a Scottish twang to it 😂
Similar to my youngest. I’m Devon, England & her father is Scottish. He has quite a weird accent, he’s from the north of Scotland & I often had to translate what he was saying for other people. But our daughter has literally no discernable accent. She has spent her whole life in Devon yet has no Devonian about her at all. We attribute it to her growing up with 2 strong accents & they somehow cancelled each other out. Accents are weird but I love them 🤣

Reactions: 5
Accents are weird. They seem to be fully formed by late teens/early adulthood, so if you move country when you're 16 or older, you'll almost certainly retain your accent for the rest of your life (though your accent will probably also take on a hint of the place you moved to).

Whereas if you move when you're younger than that, you generally adopt the accent of your new country provided you stay there. A friend of mine from primary school moved to Australia when he was 11ish and he sounds fully Aussie now, whereas his parents still sound English. It seems to be linked to surroundings (wanting to fit in at school) but also linked to maturity - eg you're still learning as a child, which includes speech, hence you mimick how more people around you sound, rather than your parents. Obviously there are exceptions.
---

Yeah I was planning on watching it this morning then remembered! Still, I'm sure there will be days when I forget or don't have time to watch, so having 3 days without a new episode will make it easier to catch up.
My family moved to Aus in their 30s and developed an Aussie accent..but my neighbours kept their accent nearly 30 yrs after they moved..It's maybe different for different folk..

I’m ironically enjoying Mischa from a so bad it’s good POV.

Phoning it in, here for the cheque. The campness of when she questioned Holly over wearing her perfume was great.

I watched the first episode and it just doesn't feel the same, does this change in the following eps or do I have to adjust?

I watched the first episode and it just doesn't feel the same, does this change in the following eps or do I have to adjust?
By the end of the week, I felt comfortable and back into it again (although Toadie and Terese is still weird, but they weren’t in Thursday’s ep, so might be why it felt more normal lol).

• Heart
I'd forgotten it was on today, until I saw a notification for this thread, thank you

That’s the worry for me, that people will forget its on and fall away from it.

Yes it took me a little while after waking up to realise today was a Neighbours day! It's easy to forget after a 3 day break again.. I think Mel and Toadie will get back together...Don't think she has gone for good.. I really want Terese and Paul back together too...They are right for each other...Gail was right for him too, but she couldn't get around Paul's argument with her dad before he died...😪

Reactions: 4
I never thought of that and then I forgot this morning, however I'm in neighbours groups so I get reminded that way, but newbies to the show may forget.
---
I could see Toadie and Terese as a couple today, however I hope Nell's scheme works as I want Toadie back with Mel and Terese back with Paul.

I don't like Toadie & Terese, it just doesn't feel right. Maybe because we haven't had a build up to it.

I'm not missing Levi, Freya, the Boos, Amy or Ellie, but it is a small cast that needs padding out. Can we get Hendrix back, say it was a dream?

I don't like Toadie & Terese, it just doesn't feel right. Maybe because we haven't had a build up to it.

I'm not missing Levi, Freya, the Boos, Amy or Ellie, but it is a small cast that needs padding out. Can we get Hendrix back, say it was a dream?
I di miss Amy and thr boos. Levi was nice to look at but a boring character. I'd love Kyle and Roxy to come back.

Reactions: 3

The Boos 😆😆. I agree with everything you've said. I am missing Mel though and Nicolette. I'm not sure I'm going to be keen on her with a new head. I do like the new family and I'm looking forward to finding out their secret.

What the chuff was going on with Mackenzie's eyebrows in that scene today?

The Boos 😆😆. I agree with everything you've said. I am missing Mel though and Nicolette. I'm not sure I'm going to be keen on her with a new head. I do like the new family and I'm looking forward to finding out their secret.

What the chuff was going on with Mackenzie's eyebrows in that scene today?
Are they bringing Nic back, but a different actress? That’s a shame, do we know why?

Are they bringing Nic back, but a different actress? That’s a shame, do we know why?
That's what I saw speculated, possibly on here. I think there's a promo shot somewhere. I haven't seen any real explanation of why though, I just assumed the actress has other commitments.

Alan Fletcher mentioning Joe Mangel probably doesn’t mean anything, but it would an interesting return given the Toadie and Melanie breakup seems like a repeat of what went wrong with her and Joe.

Reactions: 3
Why haven’t Nicolette and Chloe, or David and Aaron returned?
It’s a weird one bc I follow achloe snd David and they said they knew nothing about the reboot until it was announced but last week on Radio2 Teese said the cast Whats App knew that something was going on pretty early on. I think they’ve just not invited some people back. I know Chloe is actually going to be in some but no Aaron or David for now at least.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.