Neighbours #3 Our Neighbours have come home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to say the episode felt like it belonged in a dystopian universe. I can’t decide whether or not I love it or hate it which I suppose is a good thing as that means producers have achieved their aim which is to get the viewers thinking and anticipating what’s next.

Not sure about the opening titles. The theme tune is a notable improvement to the last one, that’s for sure. However I wasn’t a fan of the 2022 iteration of the titles because I didn’t see the point of the characters all being shot in different locations of Melbourne when 90% of the action in the show takes place on the backlot and Pin Oak Court. That being said they do look more expensive than the previous iterations. Amazon have really thrown that bag at the show.

I genuinely can’t believe Toadie and Terese are actually the real deal. I thought the episode would either start or end with the wedding having been a figment of Harold’s imagination and she was actually marrying Paul. Either that or it would be a sham marriage or a publicity event to promote the vineyard as an idyllic wedding venue. All of these prospects seemed more believable than Toadie and Terese actually being in love. Personally, if Toadie had fallen in love with anyone beyond Melanie it should’ve been Dee. Many of the fans felt she was truly the one Toadie could’ve moved on with in the wake of Sonya’s death. I would’ve much preferred her to have been Toadie’s mystery bride because at least then a portion of the fanbase would have been satisfied. Madeleine West was up for a comeback as well 😢

I don’t believe that Melanie would’ve walked out on Nell and Hugo without as much as saying goodbye.

One thing I hope can come from this is seeing as, as of present one of the core elements as to why the finale was such a success has been trampled on (Melanie and Toadie trying the knot) that should hopefully mean that the writers feel compelled to keep Mike and Jane together.

Reactions: 4
New to thread but not to Tattle. Hi everyone! Paul, Terese and Karl were on R2 today and they saidnin a few weeks the wedding is explained and Karl said it’s one of the best written episodes he’s ever seen. I don’t like them as a couple, it’s weird but nobody likes change. Really hope it ends up ‘as it should be’ in my eyes bc I love the original pairing.

Reactions: 10
I just can’t get on board with Toadie & Therese. I’ve watched Neighbours for about 35 years & for me it’s just not believable. For some reason it feels a bit icky

Reactions: 6
I just can’t get on board with Toadie & Therese. I’ve watched Neighbours for about 35 years & for me it’s just not believable. For some reason it feels a bit icky
Yes it didn’t feel very neighbours that they are all over each other like a rash
I don’t need to think about Toadie ripping her dress off

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m a bit late tonight as Tuesdays are a bit mad, but I don’t see any chemistry between Toadie and Terese. It feels like even the actors aren’t buying into it it. It’s so weird. I hope the twist is good.
I didn’t like Susan calling him toadie at the wedding either, surely for an official ceremony it should be Jared, just me being picky.
I also like Holly. She has Izzy’s mischievous side and I hope she will be a good character.

Reactions: 5
I didn’t like Susan calling him toadie at the wedding either, surely for an official ceremony it should be Jared, just me being picky.
If I ever get married I want Susan to do my wedding. 😂

Probably an unpopular opinion but Harold floating about everywhere with his damned book is not needed.

• Haha
I wish they’d publish a version of the book, I’d 100% buy it.
Same here.

I can't warm to Holly, but I wasn't an Izzy fan and she reminded me of her in today's episode.
I can't buy into Toadie and Terese yet, because I honestly think they will split them up to put her back with Paul.
I know Misha Barton has an American accent, but it sounds so fake to me.

Holly is so Izzy, Karl is as clueless as he ever was with Izzy. Can’t decide whats happened eith Susan and don’t think I’m gonna get used to Toadie and Terese, it’s just weird and they’re not suited at all. Terese wasn’t even mumsy when her kids were younger, she’s work driven like Paul.

Trevor the dog 🐶🩷

Trying to figure out Terese's job! Council? Power road sets (Grease Monkeys / Handywoman/ The 82) to be replaced with retirement village?

Reactions: 1
Holly is so Izzy, Karl is as clueless as he ever was with Izzy. Can’t decide whats happened eith Susan and don’t think I’m gonna get used to Toadie and Terese, it’s just weird and they’re not suited at all. Terese wasn’t even mumsy when her kids were younger, she’s work driven like Paul.
I agree, in todays episode she wanted to go over a proposal to the council and Toadie didn't want her to take it on the honeymoon, she did and in the end he agreed to let her look over it, but he wanted her to relax. I just thought that Paul would have understood that it was improtant to her and she probably would have relaxed more if she'd looked over it. Paul wouldn't have made a fuss about it.

Trevor the dog 🐶🩷

Trying to figure out Terese's job! Council? Power road sets (Grease Monkeys / Handywoman/ The 82) to be replaced with retirement village?
Trevor the dog 🐶🩷

I think the reiterment village/experience is her new job, her idea and she’s going to get someone to build it and she'll run it. Did she get Power road in the divorce? I was hoping they'd keep the tram.
---
Does Susan have a spending addiction??
Looks that way

Reactions: 1
I think if we’d seen toadie and Therese at the start of their relationship and seen it develop there would have been more buy in.
toadie has never gone for the businesswoman type which is why it seems so oddly matched.
Rebekah has put a post up about the relationship and how it’s real so guess she’s seen comments.

I agree ref coming in late to Terese and Toadie's relationship. I think the fact that he is not used to such a high powered business woman will cause problems in their relationship..I think this is why that hint is already there. Paul and Terese were more compatible in that way..

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.