Neighbours #3 Our Neighbours have come home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes lots of hints it won’t be smooth sailing with Nell seeming to have had a problem with their relationship at the beginning so presume they are turning her into a scheming teenager who is keen to break them up and not even living together yet
That does empty out number 22 for another new family though

Reactions: 1
Not exactly a glowing review.
I saw that review but everyone I saw on Twitter was shouting them down saying in soaps dates don’t matter. Like others have said, Toadie and Therese don’t seem right together.
I can’t stand Holly already, I wasn’t an Izzy fan either.

I saw that review but everyone I saw on Twitter was shouting them down saying in soaps dates don’t matter. Like others have said, Toadie and Therese don’t seem right together.
I can’t stand Holly already, I wasn’t an Izzy fan either.
I’m enjoying the show so far. But bar the finale I’m back after 20 years. So I haven’t got much to compare to when it comes to the show before it was axed.

Reactions: 1
If the show hadn’t ended I don’t think they would have married off Melanie & Toadie together. I think it was just to tie off loose ends & have an event for the finale.

Reactions: 6
I'm sure they did a kleptomania storyline years and years ago. Unless I'm getting confused with Home and Away.
They did. I recently rewatched the 2018 episodes and Amy developed a shoplifting addiction. I instantly thought of that story when I heard that Susan was buying expensive things. Also, Terese’s retirement village project is reminding me of the story where Amy oversaw the development of Robinson Heights.
---
Holly is so Izzy, Karl is as clueless as he ever was with Izzy. Can’t decide whats happened eith Susan and don’t think I’m gonna get used to Toadie and Terese, it’s just weird and they’re not suited at all. Terese wasn’t even mumsy when her kids were younger, she’s work driven like Paul.
I like what they’re doing with Holly but I wish they’d tone it down a bit. I thought her going into Reece’s room today, stealing her perfume and jumping on the bed was a bit too pantomime and one reason why Izzy is such a beloved character amongst the fanbase is that she was three-dimensional. I like the fact Holly is there serving the role of the female antagonist, almost making up for Nicolette’s absence.
---
Not exactly a glowing review.
Scott Bryan who wrote this article is a weird one. He has often used Neighbours as a source of discussion whenever he’s writing articles about TV or when he’s invited onto shows in the capacity of a TV critic. He has indicated several times that he is a big fan of the show and even went to the tour earlier this year but he has never actually admitted he is a fan, almost as if he’s ashamed to say he watches the show. Don’t particularly rate him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
It was and she was shoplifting from a shop that opened in the complex
Feel like I remember her stealing from the Bric a Brac, antique shop that may have been next to Grease Monkeys?

Wonder if the retirement experience will be the old Flame Tree place?

Quite like how they’re making Holly into a mini Izzy.

Reactions: 3
It was and she was shoplifting from a shop that opened in the complex
I've had a Google and it was Lyn Scully who I was thinking of. She started stealing things because she had post natal depression after the birth of Oscar. This was 2003/4 ish so a bit more 'ages ago' than I thought 😆.

Last edited:
I've had a Google and it was Lyn Scully who I was thinking of. She started stealing things because she had post natal depression after the birth of Oscar. This was 2003/4 ish so a bit more 'ages ago' that I thought 😆.
It shows how storylines get recycled. I didn’t really watch it then as I was never at home, so I missed all that, I remember watching it one day and she was engaged to Paul and I know how all that turned out.

If the show hadn’t ended I don’t think they would have married off Melanie & Toadie together. I think it was just to tie off loose ends & have an event for the finale.
Yeah, and if they did, at least not that quickly; you could see the moment they pivoted the storyline because they had been told the show was cancelled and they had to come up with a big event for the finale.

Reactions: 4
They’ve tried to do something shocking to hook people back in. The problem is that’s it’s backfired and no one is buying it. I never bought Toadie and Melanie either, he was better suited to that blonde woman he worked with. Can’t remember her name.

Reactions: 7
I've been watching the 2013 episodes and Toadie is marrying Sonia. Watching the new episodes watching Toadie and Terese getting married. I'm not buying this Paul and Terese are meant to be.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.