Neighbours #3 Our Neighbours have come home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was going to ask if maybe Mel had died or something but then I remembered she's been seen filming other scenes. It's such a weird twist. I just can't see how they are going to explain it well enough for it to be believable.
I don't find them a believable couple and I don't think many people will, i honestly don't get it. I can't understand why they'd split up Toadie and Mel, they were a great couple. I can see them splitting up Paul and Therse and then putting them back together like a never ending circle.

Reactions: 3
I went back and rewatched the toadie and Mel scene and I get what was suggested. I didn’t notice it at first.
the questions I have is - why would Lucy and Daniel be at the wedding (can get Daniel but it’s made out he’s there for Paul), why would Paul go, and Mel’s character is definitely back so why do this. She wasn’t at the wedding.
The trailer after has Susan and Karl talking about it like it’s a legit relationship.
I have one random (probably wrong) theory -mel has a diagnosis doesn’t she of something like osteoarthritis? Maybe it gets worse and she leaves not wanting to be a burden on toadie. He moves on and get’s together with Terese then Mel come back and there’s a love triangle or love square with Paul thrown in 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I went back and rewatched the toadie and Mel scene and I get what was suggested. I didn’t notice it at first.
the questions I have is - why would Lucy and Daniel be at the wedding (can get Daniel but it’s made out he’s there for Paul), why would Paul go, and Mel’s character is definitely back so why do this. She wasn’t at the wedding.
Also, Paul was so much more dressed up than Toadie wearing the tux, much more like what a groom would wear than a guest.

Reactions: 7
so glad it’s back
I There was a card on the kitchen table when Therese was fixing her dress with Paul and Therese recoupling or something like that

Reactions: 1
so glad it’s back
I There was a card on the kitchen table when Therese was fixing her dress with Paul and Therese recoupling or something like that
It was from their previous wedding I think, the one that happened when they got back together at the end of the series.

I‘m watching now, so I’ll put it in a spoiler, don’t read it if you’ve not watched todays episode and don’t want it spoiling.
From watching the opening credits I thought that maybe Mel was dead due to her not being in the credits. However, Therese tells Toadie that she found an invite to her wedding with Paul and Toadie tells her that he had a memory of her wedding day and it was Mel getting ready to give her a trinket and things seemed to be getting back on track with them, it then transpires that she left a few weeks later and left a note saying she wasn’t cut out to be a step parent. I don’t think that sounds like her, so whoever said about the health diagnosis may be right and that’s why she left. Paul also mentioned that he stood Therese up at the alter last year.

Relating to today’s episode below..

Could have been plausible as to why she left as Harold previously had reservations about their marriage because she did that to Joe’s kids too. Shame for Lucinda Cowden though if that’s all she was back for.

I think the best part about new Neighbours is that everyone is at the same stage in the storyline. I know we were on the same pace as Australia towards the end of the show, but Ireland was a day or two behind us and I know a few other places around the world were.

Home and Away is worse where the UK is about 6 weeks behind Australia, and Ireland is a day or two behind us. Presumably it then becomes quite hard to avoid spoilers.

The scene with toadie and Mel in the house didn’t make sense based on the wedding at the end so maybe that theory isn’t that far off.
I was wondering if that scene had happened the yr before when Terese and Paul apparently were going to get married again..I don't know..

The cast feels quite small. I guess they'll add to it as time goes on, but at the moment it's quite light.

The cast feels quite small. I guess they'll add to it as time goes on, but at the moment it's quite light.
Yes I was thinking that too, especially as some of them are guests for the wedding and not regular cast....

Reactions: 2
After Today
I find Toadie/Terese quite believable as a couple though its also fairly obvious She'll get back with Paul eventually

Reactions: 5
One more point and then I will get lost for today! I do not like the new version of the theme tune or the new opening titles..That's a small thing though!

Relating to today’s episode below..

Could have been plausible as to why she left as Harold previously had reservations about their marriage because she did that to Joe’s kids too. Shame for Lucinda Cowden though if that’s all she was back for.
I hope that she returns and they've just left her off the credits for now. I think that Mel and Toadie were well suited and if they were going to split them up they could have put him with Amy. I'm intrigued to see how they'll work. It could still all be a dream, i wouldn't put anything past neighbours.
I have to say I prerer it being on amazon over C5, I like that I can watch it first thing in the morning.

I hope that she returns and they've just left her off the credits for now. I think that Mel and Toadie were well suited and if they were going to split them up they could have put him with Amy. I'm intrigued to see how they'll work. It could still all be a dream, i wouldn't put anything past neighbours.
I have to say I prerer it being on amazon over C5, I like that I can watch it first thing in the morning.
I think it's gone on a bit long now to be a dream, especially as Toadie and Terese were shown together in the preview for the next episode. So I think they're genuinely married, but I think the storyline has been devised purely as a 'let's split Paul and Therese up to eventually put them back together' plot.

I think it's gone on a bit long now to be a dream, especially as Toadie and Terese were shown together in the preview for the next episode. So I think they're genuinely married, but I think the storyline has been devised purely as a 'let's split Paul and Therese up to eventually put them back together' plot.
yes, I agree, maybe they'll put them back together and Mel will return. Inthonk Paul and Therese will constantly be breaking up and back together. Therese did look like she had doubts.

I suppose it’s a way of developing the characters. Would be boring if they just have them going back n forth to each other. Paul falling on his sword and admitting his faults with a brave face & not being horrible is a good way forward I think. I actually quite like Toadie & Therese together. I wonder if it is indeed as it seems if she is still involved with Lassiters.

One more point and then I will get lost for today! I do not like the new version of the theme tune or the new opening titles..That's a small thing though!
No I didn’t like the opening titles either
I think they were all too far away from the camera

After Today
I find Toadie/Terese quite believable as a couple though its also fairly obvious She'll get back with Paul eventually
Same, yesterday it seemed crazy, but with the backstory, it makes more sense. Definitely agree that that’ll end up getting Terese and Paul back together again though - maybe even Toadie and Mel.

I don’t like how so little of Erinsborough is shown, feels a bit weird.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.