Neighbours #3 Our Neighbours have come home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No I’m not in uk
according to google its UK/Usa on freevee & Germany/Austria but cant see if they get it same time. Australia its on tv with it added to Freevee 1 Week later. And Ireland its going to be on tv RTE 1. Cant see any other Countries mentioned via legal ways to watch

Did anyone figure out what JJ picked up from the road? It looked like confetti to me but unsure if I should know it’s significance already

Ok really enjoyed the first episode,,, what happened with Paul and Therese there meant too be 🥲

Reactions: 1
Ok so I managed to find it and watch it and I’m not sure what to make of it? It felt a bit off, probably because all of the loose ends were tied up in the final episode. Not giving up yet though I’ll see what I make of the next few episodes. Part of me wonders if it should have been left in the past?

Reactions: 4
I was tagged into a spoiler on instagram even though I'm trying to avoid spoilers I hope this one is true.
Allegedly the wedding is shown through the eyes of Harold who has dementia and really it's Therese and Paul getting married.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was tagged into a spoiler on instagram even though I'm trying to avoid spoilers I hope this one is true.
Allegedly the wedding is shown through the eyes of Harold who has dementia and really it's Therese and Paul getting married.
I saw the same on twitter

Reactions: 3
I think Amazon have made it more confusing by promoting the Freevee brand, as many people think it's completely separate to Prime Video. They've even gone to the trouble of making a separate Freevee app when you can access all Freevee content through the Prime Video app without being a Prime subscriber. o_O

That said, I'm sure any initial teething problems will disappear pretty quickly.

I watched today's episode and thought it was quite good. I'm not sure if I'll watch long term, but I'll give it a chance for now.
---
Ok so I managed to find it and watch it and I’m not sure what to make of it? It felt a bit off, probably because all of the loose ends were tied up in the final episode. Not giving up yet though I’ll see what I make of the next few episodes. Part of me wonders if it should have been left in the past?
I get what you mean. Something felt a little strange and disjointed at the start. But I just put that down to it being back after a long break. I thought it was getting back into its stride towards the end of the episode.

Reactions: 2
The scene with toadie and Mel in the house didn’t make sense based on the wedding at the end so maybe that theory isn’t that far off.

Reactions: 9
I enjoyed it, but then I stopped watching it originally years before it was axed. So it basically a new show to be anyway.
But I do wonder how they can ever top the original ending if it doesn’t go past the initial 2 years it’s contracted to Amazon for.

It did feel a bit stilted, particularly Susan, which I put down to them being out of practice playing the characters.

I didn't like the twist and I really hope the spoiler Emm posted above is true.

I don’t see how that twist would work given the ‘coming up’ clips they showed at the end?
I’m worried what’s going to happen with Jane and Mike

Reactions: 3
I don’t see how that twist would work given the ‘coming up’ clips they showed at the end?
I’m worried what’s going to happen with Jane and Mike
That’s what I thought. Like why is Harold imagining them on the beach 😂.
]

Last edited:
12 hours late to the party but I’ve just watched the episode! I watched it on the back of the finale which was a moving experience. It felt very surreal watching what we were told was it’s final ever episode, knowing I was about to tune into a new episode of Neighbours the minute the credits rolled.

Personally, I didn’t find the twist shocking. Mainly because I was told about it months before. In fact I would’ve found it more shocking had it been Paul who was waiting at the end of the aisle for Terese as opposed to Toadie. The biggest surprises for me came in the form of Daniel and Angie’s returns. Always love seeing Angie so I hope she gets more lines in the upcoming episodes than she did the finale. Imogen’s return would’ve been a (unwelcome) surprise as well had it not been spoiled last week. That being said, I do find it surprising that Toadie and Terese’s relationship seems to be genuine. I thought the marriage was a sham. The fact Toadie is still seemingly living with Melanie supports this hypothesis but then they’re locking lips on their honeymoon. Wtf?

I like the Varga-Murphys already. I’m already more fond of them than I ever were the Rodwells (even though I did smile when Wendy came in and said “yoo-hoo” as she introduced herself to the new family 😂) They all seemed to have natural onscreen chemistry. I predicting this now. Mike is JJ’s dad 100%. JJ’s comment about how Mrs Mangel’s eyes follow you around the room, was the exact same comment Mike made during the finale.

Speaking of Mike, I was very pleased to see we saw more of him was that just a quick zoom call. Guy Pearce once again proving himself to be an utter class act. Hoping and praying he has some scenes on Ramsay Street as well as whatever they’ve shot in the UK.

Overall, I enjoyed it. It felt very natural and it’s impressive how tonally the show remained very similar to its previous seasons. I wasn’t a fan of the heavy exposition even though I understand why it was included. I personally think the first episode back would’ve benefited from a bit more fanfare. Maybe there should’ve been a couple more returns. I still don’t think it trumps the finale but I’m only expecting the episodes to get better.

Welcome back Neighbours ❤
---
That’s what I thought. Like why is Harold imagining them on the beach 😂.
Yeah, that’s what confused me. I thought it’d be a sham marriage but they literally were locking lips on their honeymoon? Like wtf?

Reactions: 6
I guess it could be a daydream he’s having?
It’s a bit of a stretch but I could see it. 🤷🏼‍♀️ This is, after all, the show that had a dream sequence for a dog. 😂
I think thats why I can see it, they’ve had some batshit storylines in the past, most recently with everyone believing that Gary came back as a pigeon.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Just saw a guy online who’s seen the first few eps and re Mel and Toadies scene in the house
Apparently this was a flashback to them discussing going to T&P’s recommitment ceremony. You can tell in the way Toad looks to the side that it’s a flashback apparently

Reactions: 1
Just saw a guy online who’s seen the first few eps and re Mel and Toadies scene in the house
Apparently this was a flashback to them discussing going to T&P’s recommitment ceremony. You can tell in the way Toad looks to the side that it’s a flashback apparently
I was going to ask if maybe Mel had died or something but then I remembered she's been seen filming other scenes. It's such a weird twist. I just can't see how they are going to explain it well enough for it to be believable.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.