Nanna Bea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bev went with the blue cheese wallpaper, also recycling her clothes again. Also who is we I thought she was a strong independent female when it came to decorating?

Is it just me or is that honking? Do those curtains match the door? I know what I think I'm just asking your opinions first

• Sick
Reactions: 2
Is it just me or is that honking? Do those curtains match the door? I know what I think I'm just asking your opinions first
Nothing matches in her house it would drive me insane, and how has it taken 4 days to wallpaper a chimney breast surely an expert could do that in an hour or two.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Bev went with the blue cheese wallpaper, also recycling her clothes again. Also who is we I thought she was a strong independent female when it came to decorating?

Of course she had to get her heavy breathing in to show how much hard work she’s done😂 which I actually found hilarious cause it’s clear she didn’t just finish wallpapering at that moment in time😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Nothing matches in her house it would drive me insane, and how has it taken 4 days to wallpaper a chimney breast surely an expert could do that in an hour or two.
I could've done it ive been wallpapering since I was old enough to hold a pasting brush 😂😂 my mum used to hold me up while I matched it was told I was the absoloute earliest age ever for someone to paper walls 😂😂😂😂 fuckin dumpling of a woman. Hope she taught her boys and daughter how to do it too. Or does it all die with her

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I could've done it ive been wallpapering since I was old enough to hold a pasting brush 😂😂 my mum used to hold me up while I matched it was told I was the absoloute earliest age ever for someone to paper walls 😂😂😂😂 fuckin dumpling of a woman. Hope she taught her boys and daughter how to do it too. Or does it all die with her
Oh no no Bevs knowledge is power she must keep it to herself, god forbid anyone know her secrets to eternal youth, contemporary interior design or chargrilled slop.

• Haha
Bev has the keys to the kingdom when it comes to decorating and the nation breathes a sigh of relief!
How come that pokey little room looks worse after being decorated? It still looks like the most basic room, it has no personal style or pizazz. She’s presenting it like it should be in Homes and Gardens!

It's soo annoying that she tries to claim she's a "young" nanna when she eats like a toothless geriatric,decorates like she's blind and dresses like worzel gummage.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It’s because she really, really, really believes that she’s the young nana that everyone wishes they had! She can do a cringe Liam Gallagher impersonation and can run round an adventure playground in a really desperate, attention-seeking way and she thinks that means she’s young and, to use her 1970’s lingo, trendy!! Her thick fan club massage her already huge ego when in fact she hasn’t got a clue. She cooks really old fashioned food and dresses like Asda’s sale rail threw up on her! Don’t get me started on the house that Coronation Street forgot! Plus she looks a good 10 years older than she is. Sorry Bev, not that you’d believe criticism!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It’s because she really, really, really believes that she’s the young nana that everyone wishes they had! She can do a cringe Liam Gallagher impersonation and can run round an adventure playground in a really desperate, attention-seeking way and she thinks that means she’s young and, to use her 1970’s lingo, trendy!! Her thick fan club massage her already huge ego when in fact she hasn’t got a clue. She cooks really old fashioned food and dresses like Asda’s sale rail threw up on her! Don’t get me started on the house that Coronation Street forgot! Plus she looks a good 10 years older than she is. Sorry Bev, not that you’d believe criticism!
💯💯 you have wee leprechaun Larry spot on.

Reactions: 2
I saw the reveal, I hate to say this but my first place when I was 17/18 was like this , how have they not moved up the property ladder by now. Even the furniture is student basic.

Reactions: 3
dresses like Asda’s sale rail threw up on her!

😆 LOL

I saw the reveal, I hate to say this but my first place when I was 17/18 was like this , how have they not moved up the property ladder by now. Even the furniture is student basic.
I reckon they spend all their money on booze judging by hostage daves complexion.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
None of that matters because Bev thinks it looks fabulous and her arse-lickers agree.

Bev, you’ve lived in that house for over 40 years, where’s your imagination? Ok, you make a big deal about having paid off your mortgage, but younger people than you have moved up the property ladder AND paid off their mortgage - where was your ambition? It just seems really old-fashioned to own one house all of your life, especially one that literally opens out onto the street from your living room. Am I being snobby? Probably, but that sort of old fashioned “stay put” attitude really makes me feel a bit sad.

Reactions: 4
None of that matters because Bev thinks it looks fabulous and her arse-lickers agree.

Bev, you’ve lived in that house for over 40 years, where’s your imagination? Ok, you make a big deal about having paid off your mortgage, but younger people than you have moved up the property ladder AND paid off their mortgage - where was your ambition? It just seems really old-fashioned to own one house all of your life, especially one that literally opens out onto the street from your living room. Am I being snobby? Probably, but that sort of old fashioned “stay put” attitude really makes me feel a bit sad.
Most of my family have lived and stayed in the same house for most of their lives. The only exception is my Grandpa, who moved from the farmhouse to the house he is in now. His brother lives in that farmhouse now! I’ve mentioned before that my Mum, her twin and my Grandpa all live in the same area about 5 mins apart 🙄

I personally think it’s a northern working class thing, you grow up and stay close to home. My Mum has really done up her two up/two down and it has air conditioning, painted beautifully, all fitted kitchen etc but she’s been there since I was 4 years old.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Most of my family have lived and stayed in the same house for most of their lives. The only exception is my Grandpa, who moved from the farmhouse to the house he is in now. His brother lives in that farmhouse now! I’ve mentioned before that my Mum, her twin and my Grandpa all live in the same area about 5 mins apart 🙄

I personally think it’s a northern working class thing, you grow up and stay close to home. My Mum has really done up her two up/two down and it has air conditioning, painted beautifully, all fitted kitchen etc but she’s been there since I was 4 years old.
Yeah I think it is an old fashioned northern thing, there's nothing wrong with staying put but at least keep it nice and modernise as you go instead of living in 1982, my partners grandparents have lived in their house for decades (not their first house though they have climbed) but its modern, clean and well looked after, they were looking to move but have decided to stay.

That’s totally different- you can stay in one house and upgrade like your mum has done. I’m talking about staying put and doing nothing, which is what Bev has done. I’m not backtracking, I just think there’s a massive lack of imagination that’s gone into her house. Wouldn’t you want some comfort to show for years of hard work? It just seems so bare bones and basic.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.