Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remembered one I’d heard a while ago; Emaghaen-Rose (pronounced like eh-ma-jen). It looks ugly written down and hearing it called out in a Glaswegian accent isn’t any better. Also personally can’t stand hyphenated names. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Remembered one I’d heard a while ago; Emaghaen-Rose (pronounced like eh-ma-jen). It looks ugly written down and hearing it called out in a Glaswegian accent isn’t any better. Also personally can’t stand hyphenated names. 😬
Oh god, was that supposed to be Imogen?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Emaghaen? urgh. it looks so ugly written down, almost like a visual representation of the noise someone would make when they're clearing their throat - all phlegmy and gross. eww. 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I wouldn’t have even guessed that I’d have thought they were trying to make Imagine more quirky
i read it as “imagine” too - but like how you would pronounce imagine if your mouth was also full of marbles.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Emaghaen? urgh. it looks so ugly written down, almost like a visual representation of the noise someone would make when they're clearing their throat - all phlegmy and gross. eww. 🤢
That is exactly the image (emagh?) it conjured up for me 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My cousin used to work at a hospital in the Imaging Dept and her name is Imogen, so there was a lot of 'hi can you put me through to Imogen in Imaging, please' 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 15
My cousin used to work at a hospital in the Imaging Dept and her name is Imogen, so there was a lot of 'hi can you put me through to Imogen in Imaging, please' 😄
my grandad was called Hugh. he died when i was very young, but i heard countless stories of awkward situations where people would ask him his name, and he would reply "Hugh" - only for them to look at him in confusion, thinking he'd said "you?" - clarifying "no, your name" - and apparently this could go on for quite some time, much to his frustration, before they finally graspwd what was going on! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
On Facebook, I saw a link to a piece about the most popular boys’ names in France. Top of the list was Colin! The rest of them were equally terrible: Elio, Samson, George, Eugène…

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.