Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just want to say both of my cats names have now appeared in this thread 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just want to say both of my cats names have now appeared in this thread 😆
Ah but I have totally different feelings about names for animals as I do for people.

I would never call a child Dave but I would use it for a dog 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’ve clearly thought about this too much, but the other weird thing about Poppy is it’s an adjective as well as a flower name. As in, “something that pops” 🤣
It alway reminds me of popping candy. But not in a good way... 😅

Reactions: 1
Lauren , Abbie , Gemma , Ava , Isla , rex , woody , Any girls named followed by ‘mae’ it ain’t quirky , Thomas , aj, tj, DJ, mj , jj - you get my drift 🤣😂

Ah but I have totally different feelings about names for animals as I do for people.

I would never call a child Dave but I would use it for a dog 😆
I work with a girl who has a chihuahua called Gary 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
i hate the name isla but could never quite articulate why - you’ve just made it clear to me 🤣 i’ve never understood why it’s one of the girls’ names of the moment, it’s so awkward sounding to me.

also, the name “evie” is so inoffensive, so nothing-y, so barely a word, yet it is somehow one of my most hated girl’s names of all time, i can’t bear it 🤣
My little girls name is Isla, but because my family are originally from Islay. When we chose it it wasn't a popular name and now unfortunately it is. It seems to be losing popularity a little now though thankfully. But we still love it. Said in a proper Scottish accent it sounds lovely. Never heard anyone say slimy before thats a new one.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Abigail is such an ugly name. It sounds like someone stepping on a sodden hod of straw. Squelchy. Ugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.