Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like I’m hearing the name Arlo a lot at baby groups and stuff. It’s one of those names that used to be posh and is now becoming common. I hate it. Even worse, when said in my local accent, it comes out as “Ahh-lurrr” 🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I feel like I’m hearing the name Arlo a lot at baby groups and stuff. It’s one of those names that used to be posh and is now becoming common. I hate it. Even worse, when said in my local accent, it comes out as “Ahh-lurrr” 🤮
Arlo is the name of a feral little kid down my street. The name goes through me, I must hear “Aaaaah-looooo” shouted numerous times during the day because the little tit doesn’t listen 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I can’t stand Arlo, it’s such an unattractive looking (and sounding) name.

I think it’s fascinating when “posh” names filter down! I remember when Oscar was posh and eventually the Radfords used it.

Now Hugo seems to be going mainstream - the girl from Gogglebox who is pregnant right now has revealed that’s the baby’s name.

Reactions: 13
When I worked in the nhs, we had some glorious child names. The one to top them all, even over a boy named Doris, was the most beautiful 18 month old girl called klamydia, and yes pronounced as the disease too (but with their unique spelling). The clinic was mainly newcomers to the UK, English a second language). They named the baby as such, as they thought it was a lovely name ?? I really feel the consultant should have put them right, but no, and I had to go into the waiting room and call her name fortnightly! She would be 16 now, hopefully with a new name.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
One of these baby name people on tiktok was asked for names ending in on. What was her first suggestion you may ask?

Agamemnon

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Hugo. Hate it. Isn’t it the name of the hunchback in the Disney film?

Aria and Ava, no real reason other than they are super common locally and I’m fed up of hearing them. Especially if followed with a “Mae”.

People who use daft celebrity names like Axel, Saint, Grey etc. You aren’t a Kardashian, please stop.

I also hate most surnames as first names.

Reactions: 9
just saw a little boy named Gannon. it's a name i've never heard before, but it just reminds me of gammon! 🤦🏻‍♀️

i think Hugo was one of the gargoyles in the film. the hunchback himself is named Quasimodo.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Aria and Ava, no real reason other than they are super common locally and I’m fed up of hearing them. Especially if followed with a “Mae”.

People who use daft celebrity names like Axel, Saint, Grey etc. You aren’t a Kardashian, please stop.

I also hate most surnames as first names.
Not sure how you thought the hunchback was called Hugo 🤣 it's Quasimodo, let's see that one come into circulation! A guy I know ALMOST called his kid Aldo, and people had never heard of it, I've heard it in a film, the guy was french or summat. Not a fan

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Victor Hugo was the writer of The Hunchback of Notre Dame novel. The gargoyle “Hugo” in the Disney movie version was named for him.

Reactions: 6
I hate when people add Leigh to the name, its endless 😱 Demi-leigh, Jamie-leigh, amy-leigh 🤢. It all just reminds me of Dairylea 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Arlo is the name of a feral little kid down my street. The name goes through me, I must hear “Aaaaah-looooo” shouted numerous times during the day because the little tit doesn’t listen 😅
urgh, i get this with the kids next door. i don't like the names of the boys, but i used to quite like the name Lila, but hearing it screeched constantly at the little girl next door "Lyhh-Luhh! pack it in!" because she's always screaming - definitely made it another name i can't stand!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Im on a roll now 😲. I also hate flowery names. Daisy, poppy etc. Its not a name its a flower 💐

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.