Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A woman near me has :
Amber
Coral
Pearl
Olympia
Fabian
Ruby
honestly, i love the name olympia 🤣 however, it’s one of those names where the owner has to look and act a certain way to live up to it.

coral just makes me think of how rick used to pronounce “carl” on the walking dead 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Octavia. How pretentious do you have to be to name your kid Octavia?

Same with Petronella which sounds like something you'd put on your lips.

Reactions: 4
i hoped this was a joke, but nope. there is genuinely a little girl named Crystaleanor Dazzlequeen...! 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️

Screenshot_20220602_141833.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
People who name their child after the place it was conceived need psychological help. There is a reason why my son wasn't named Vegas FFS - it's embarrassing.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'd never heard of him before, but there's an entertainer/comedian called Kerwin Frost whose daughter is named Waffle. it's not a nickname. her actual name is Waffle Frost. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

Frosted-Vanilla.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
People who name their child after the place it was conceived need psychological help. There is a reason why my son wasn't named Vegas FFS - it's embarrassing.
Theres a woman that lives down the road from me (small town in rural Ireland) who has two kids (keep in mind they also have a very very Irish surname and both parents are Irish). The eldest son has a perfectly normal Irish name. The daughter however is named after the woman’s sister who died (perfectly fine, not taking the piss out of that) however its the second part of a double barreled name that starts with Hvar (Croatian island where they had their honeymoon and subsequently where poor Hvar-*sisters name* was conceived). And yes she insists that her daughter is referred to only by both of her double barrelled names

• Haha
Reactions: 5
In the US, a popular name is Nevaeh. Yes it's Heaven spelled backwards. Never met one in the UK.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
In the US, a popular name is Nevaeh. Yes it's Heaven spelled backwards. Never met one in the UK.
Really? I thought that was the name that sparked this whole thread!
I’ve worked with kids in schools for many years and there are plenty of Nevaehs around! Sadly.

Reactions: 4
Anything double barrelled (sorry!!). I.e Lacey-May, Ellie-May,

I've come across several kids with a double barrelled first name and a double barrelled surname.

Other names I can't stand:

Nia, Jaxon/Jaxx, Kayden, Jayden, Oakley, Renayah, Lacey, Tori, Harley.

Reactions: 7
oh, it is definitely used in the UK. usually with the proud "my daughter's name is Neveah - it's heaven spelled backwards" explanation each time parents introduce their daughter, as though it's somehow so sooper yoonique and there are actually people left in the world who isn't aware of that! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
oh, it is definitely used in the UK. usually with the proud "my daughter's name is Neveah - it's heaven spelled backwards" explanation each time parents introduce their daughter, as though it's somehow so sooper yoonique and there are actually people left in the world who isn't aware of that! 🤦🏻‍♀️
This whole thread started with that one.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.