Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don’t like the name Rory and I don’t know why, it just makes me 😬
It’s one of the reasons I thought Gilmore Girls sounded like a stupid TV show, as Rory is a boy’s name at best, and more like a dog name for me. It is short for Lorelai, which I think is rather pretty, so the ugly nickname irks me.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It’s one of the reasons I thought Gilmore Girls sounded like a stupid TV show, as Rory is a boy’s name at best, and more like a dog name for me. It is short for Lorelai, which I think is rather pretty, so the ugly nickname irks me.
well, i was today years old when i realised that the mum and daughter on gilmore girls have the same name 😧🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
i think Rory works more as a nickname for Aurora. 🤷🏻‍♂️ i know it's short for Lorelai in Gilmore Girls, but i've always thought that's a bit random...!

Reactions: 5
My friends sister, a midwife, delivered a baby who was later named Tuna 👀 apparently its a foreign name & possibly not spelt like that but still 😂
Another wanted to call her child Mash. Yes, as in mashed potato. She settled instead for it as the middle name. Still atrocious. Can't understand why

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I always associated the name Lorelai with rednecks. Don't understand how posh people like Richard and Emily could ever come up with that for their daughter (yes, it's in her grandma's honour, but still).

I can't stand when adult people have childish nicknames like Jenny, Jimmy, Frankie. What's wrong with Jen, Jim and Frank?

In my culture there are several female names that end in -t, which I cannot STAND. So ugly.

Rinat
Basmat
Anat
Yonit
Ronit

🤮

I always associated the name Lorelai with rednecks. Don't understand how posh people like Richard and Emily could ever come up with that for their daughter (yes, it's in her grandma's honour, but still).

I can't stand when adult people have childish nicknames like Jenny, Jimmy, Frankie. What's wrong with Jen, Jim and Frank?
Its a very old German name apparently.
The ones I loathe are Chanel, Chardonnay, Demi and ghastly creations like that; Just awful :(

I was once seeing a lad called Damian...... hahahaha.
I looked after a little boy called Damian once, he was the most angelic looking kid ever with blonde hair and blue eyes... But he was an absolute devil child who lived up to his name!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I looked after a little boy called Damian once, he was the most angelic looking kid ever with blonde hair and blue eyes... But he was an absolute devil child who lived up to his name!
oh my gosh same 😧 my previous next door neighbours had a grandson named damian who was the most beautiful child i have ever seen - blond hair, blue eyed, always immaculately dressed…… but was an absolute nightmare 🤣

is it a damian thing?!?! how weird!

• Haha
oh my gosh same 😧 my previous next door neighbours had a grandson named damian who was the most beautiful child i have ever seen - blond hair, blue eyed, always immaculately dressed…… but was an absolute nightmare 🤣

is it a damian thing?!?! how weird!
It's from the film The Omen, the little kid was the devil's child or something and was named Damian.

Reactions: 1
The name Declan is disgusting. It sounds like an old man suddenly getting something stuck in his throat while talking.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.