Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m seeing an unpleasant trend for double-barrelled middle names. Someone on Mumsnet wants to call their kid Luca Aaron-Stanley. Horrific!
Haha! I saw that thread. The Aaron was to honour a 'Sharon'🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Remember Jade Goody’s mum Jackiey? In my head I always read it as “jack-ee-ey.” Idiotic.

Reactions: 3
Okay, saw on insta someone had a baby called Adley, okay, not my kind of name but she has a big brother called Aceton? thats a joke right?

just read a random article about a teacher talking about some of the awful names of the kids he's taught, including - Sesley, Gavyn, Presli, Jerzy, Docker, Raycer, Stryder, Brisdon, Henlee, Talan, Ensley, Auddri and....Toxey?! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

i mean, some are just appalling KrEaTiV spellings of standard names - like Auddri/Audrey, Presli/Presley and Gavyn/Gavin - but Sesley? Toxey?! 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Girl in the news today named Robyn.
Nice enough name, until you learn her last name is Banks.

Robyn Banks.
Parents didn't think that one through!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

Robyn Banks.
ha, i also read that article! apparently, the little girl was aged a year and half before they realised after someone pointed it out, and they immediately changed her name with Robyn becoming her middle name! i don't nlget how it could possibly take eighteen months before you realise that your daughter's name is an inadvertent pun! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
ha, i also read that article! apparently, the little girl was aged a year and half before they realised after someone pointed it out, and they immediately changed her name with Robyn becoming her middle name! i don't nlget how it could possibly take eighteen months before you realise that your daughter's name is an inadvertent pun! 🤦🏻‍♀️
Amy Schumer ended up with something similar her her boy. Gene Attell Fischer. She ended up changing his middle name to David.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Robyn Banks.
My Mother suggested the name Robin for my newborn son - all very well but I had a "bird" surname at the time so NO son was not blessed with Robin!

Amy Schumer ended up with something similar her her boy. Gene Attell Fischer. She ended up changing his middle name to David.
Gene is a vile name. She should have changed that too.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.