Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw a bad one recently.

Cutter.

Why would you call your child a word that means someone who self harms??
apparently, the name Cutter derives from the occupational surname which was given to tailors who cut cloth - or even a barber. but yeah, in the context of today, it's an incredibly weird choice of first name! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I think Celeste is a pretty name but it makes me think of Babar the elephant who is married to Queen Celeste - if I had a child named that I'd be slightly concerned about whether kids would use it to make fun of her weight. I prefer the name Celia which has the same meaning ("heavenly") but the only Celia I've ever known said people could never remember it, and always confused it for similar names (Cecilia, Selina, Sylvia, etc.)

Reactions: 5
Grey hen 😆
It upsets me when little kids are named beautiful foreign names but they’re absolutely butchered by their very English parents.

“This is or-eli-ahhh, she’s named after a woman we met in Portugal last year”

Reactions: 4
Grey hen 😆
It upsets me when little kids are named beautiful foreign names but they’re absolutely butchered by their very English parents.

“This is or-eli-ahhh, she’s named after a woman we met in Portugal last year”
ahaa, that was supposed to be Gretchen! so ugly. in that respect, Grey Hen may actually be a better option! 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
i swear the ugliest girls' names begin with the letter G. Gianna/Giana, Gaia, Gia, Giselle, Greer, Gretel, Gertrude/Gertie, Giovanna, Ginevra, Guilia, Girtha, Gloria, Grey hen, Gabby. 🤢
i hate almost all G names - the g sound just makes them so ugly sounding. the boys’ names are somehow worse: george, gregory, graham, gareth, grant, glenn, gerald…… i’ll allow gabriel maybe but that’s it!

Reactions: 4
I hate this too.

I’m Jewish and it just reminds me of “JUDE” (Jew) written on yellow stars in Germany :(

It’s also a weird abrupt sound.
This was on our list for baby boy. I'm actually really pleased to see these comments about it as I've been having a bad time wondering whether we picked the right one (thinking PND may be partially to blame!)! It's a really popular name and the one we went with isn't. Your comments have made me feel better and that it was never the right name for him😆 so thank you

Reactions: 6
Hate the name Erin
I had a boy but Erin was what he'd have been called if he was a girl I think. I'm so glad I didn't have a girl as I've gone right off it and wouldn't name a future daughter Erin now. Scares me how easy it is to change your mind on names! I'm still having doubts about my son's name and he's 5 months😅

Reactions: 5
Frankly I am beyond grateful that I had a boy because He would have been Katie had he been a girl, thus with the connotations of Katie now forever stained and contaminated by association with Katie Price, I am ecstatic :)

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.