Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HoGi

VIP Member
Saw a "Guess who's 18" poster on a roundabout earlier today (I didn't know this was still a thing?!?!)

For someone called Brandi.

Poor girl is only 18. Guess she must be the child of 90s RnB fans 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15

sheleg

VIP Member
I know this thread is for first names but I came across the surname Crotty today and almost vomited. Made me think of the words grotty and crotch.

• Haha
  • Wow

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I never thought I’d see my name 🤣
Seeing my sons is deffo worse. We didn’t pick our names so if they’re shit we can blame our parents, seeing our kids that we picked is like you fucking what 🤣
I remember someone put my kids name once and they call it a chavvy name 🤣 I felt like replying saying ‘I’ll show you a fuckin chav mate’ 🤣🤣

• Haha

sheleg

VIP Member
Someone I know has just named her daughter Celeste. Disgusting name. Sounds like incest and lechery. Her other kid is named Clementine, which is also repulsive. “Clemmy” sounds like slang for a sexually transmitted infection.

• Haha

Pineapple glitter

VIP Member
My cousin used to work at a hospital in the Imaging Dept and her name is Imogen, so there was a lot of 'hi can you put me through to Imogen in Imaging, please' 😄

• Haha

Rxt156

VIP Member
The name Elle annoys me. Is it Ellie or El? If it’s El why are there extra letters?? What do u want from meeee 😤

• Haha
Reactions: 14

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
All the names of the Palin (as in: Sarah, the US politician) family:
She has Track, Trig, Bristol, Willow, Piper
Willow has Pace Banner (WTF?), Blaise and Banks
Bristol has Tripp, Sailor and Atlee

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick

miaaaa

guys on the school run today... "Lavender-Mai". Just stop the world I want to get offffff

• Haha

sheleg

VIP Member
oh, yeah i've heard of her - i didn't realise her daughter had such an ugly name! kinda reminds of the a couple of combination of the words "regalia" and "genitalia" - not great. 🤢🤢

i actually googled it to read the story about how they "created" the name - seriously?! they could have just named her Wren Aurelia and it would have been a far prettier name with the exact same significance in terms of the meaning. poor kid. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Renaelia sounds like a brand of kidney medication.

I was in Sainsburys years ago and was waiting at the checkout. You know you always get that one person that speaks louder than anyone else and tries to tell their child off in a assertive but fair manner. ( you know the child is going to get more than an assertive chat when they get out the store) she was telling this child that no they couldn’t have chocolate and they could have a piece of fruit later which I though fair play, good for you and then the child started to throw a mini meltdown wobbler. So she screams at the child “Chantelle Roxanne” get up. I lost it! Who on earth does that to a child how are they even going to learn to spell that name in nursery let alone communicate her name to little friends. Why did her family not say “ do you think that name is nice?? It’s stuck with me “Chantelle Roxanne!! Awful.
Two names that stick in my mind from their mum yelling them in Manchester city centre: Paige and Daisy May. Although her accent made them sound like:

PIRGE! DIRZIH-MIR!

• Haha

nbt

VIP Member
I feel like I’m hearing the name Arlo a lot at baby groups and stuff. It’s one of those names that used to be posh and is now becoming common. I hate it. Even worse, when said in my local accent, it comes out as “Ahh-lurrr” 🤮
Arlo is the name of a feral little kid down my street. The name goes through me, I must hear “Aaaaah-looooo” shouted numerous times during the day because the little shit doesn’t listen 😅

• Haha

roarke

VIP Member
I’m over the flower names now, too. There was a chav shouting Ivy at the top of her voice in the supermarket at lunchtime.

• Haha