Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sheleg

VIP Member
I feel like I’m hearing the name Arlo a lot at baby groups and stuff. It’s one of those names that used to be posh and is now becoming common. I hate it. Even worse, when said in my local accent, it comes out as “Ahh-lurrr” 🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

AliceInWanderLost

VIP Member
i'm not even sure why I just remembered this, but i went to school with a girl named Shaunie Paulley. admittedly, she was named before Sean Paul became known as a rapper, but she grew up at a time he was famous, so it wasn't the most well-timed name! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
I remember in the 90s there was a massive trend of girls being named Demi-Leigh, not to be confused with the well known spreadable cheese brand

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Ruby’s mum

VIP Member
Someone I went to school with has just had a baby and called it Forrest 😬
My mum knew a boy whose middle name was Forrest. He was born on the day Nottingham Forest won the FA Cup and his dad had tickets to the final but had to miss it as his wife went into labour in the early hours of the morning!

• Haha

AliceInWanderLost

VIP Member
Theres this Irish “influencer” (I don’t really know who she is, all I ever hear of is people complaining about her) who’s name is Elly Kelly. There’s also a girl at my nieces school with the same name.

Awful
Elly Kelly is definitely an unfortunate name - plus it just makes me think of the Lelli Kelly brands of shoes for kids! 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha

sheleg

VIP Member
I saw a bad one recently.

Cutter.

Why would you call your child a word that means someone who self harms??

• Wow
  • Haha

sheleg

VIP Member
People who give their kids relatively normal names, but they make them go by "quirky" childish nicknames such as Tiggy, Tippy, Socky, Posey, Binky, etc.
Posh people are the worst for this. I went to uni with an insufferable rah girl whose name was Victoria but went by Binks. Blergh.

• Haha

Lolly52

When I worked in the nhs, we had some glorious child names. The one to top them all, even over a boy named Doris, was the most beautiful 18 month old girl called klamydia, and yes pronounced as the disease too (but with their unique spelling). The clinic was mainly newcomers to the UK, English a second language). They named the baby as such, as they thought it was a lovely name ?? I really feel the consultant should have put them right, but no, and I had to go into the waiting room and call her name fortnightly! She would be 16 now, hopefully with a new name.

• Haha
  • Wow

spilleroftea

VIP Member
Neveah heaven backwards so umm Hell?

Anything that I associate with chavs. 😂. So Alfie, Reggie, Ronnie, Frankie. Ect
Then double barrelled girls names like Ellie-Mai or Tommy-Lee for boys.
Mercedes, Porcha, ect, cars and brand names are a no.

Chester… makes me think of Charlie Chester.

Sebastian… He was an arsehole so I don’t like the name. 😂

anything Disney! Disney is overrated

• Haha