Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For some reason Americans seem to love naming their children after crappy British towns and areas. Preston, Bexley, Brixton.

I suppose some Brits aren’t much better with the likes of Brooklyn.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
For some reason Americans seem to love naming their children after crappy British towns and areas. Preston, Bexley, Brixton.

I suppose some Brits aren’t much better with the likes of Brooklyn.
London, Bristol, Devon, Essex, Camden, Brighton - they are awful! 🤢

but as you say, i guess Americans likely have a similar reaction when parents in the UK name their kids Memphis, Orlando, Boston, Dakota, Brooklyn, Arizona, Nevada, Dallas etc. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I used to know someone who called their daughter Dallas. Horrible name.

Reactions: 4
guys on the school run today... "Lavender-Mai". Just stop the world I want to get offffff

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Theres this Irish “influencer” (I don’t really know who she is, all I ever hear of is people complaining about her) who’s name is Elly Kelly. There’s also a girl at my nieces school with the same name.

Awful

• Haha
Reactions: 6
guys on the school run today... "Lavender-Mai". Just stop the world I want to get offffff
I'm not keen on Lavender, but the addition of 'Mai' makes it insufferable. Sorry...I just can't deal with these names!

Reactions: 5
Theres this Irish “influencer” (I don’t really know who she is, all I ever hear of is people complaining about her) who’s name is Elly Kelly. There’s also a girl at my nieces school with the same name.

Awful
Elly Kelly is definitely an unfortunate name - plus it just makes me think of the Lelli Kelly brands of shoes for kids! 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I can’t stand : Bear
Wolf
Sparrow
Robin.
I love the creatures, however.
Humans should not be stealing their names, imo.

Reactions: 11
I’m over the flower names now, too. There was a chav shouting Ivy at the top of her voice in the supermarket at lunchtime.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Someone I know has just named her daughter Celeste. Disgusting name. Sounds like incest and lechery. Her other kid is named Clementine, which is also repulsive. “Clemmy” sounds like slang for a sexually transmitted infection.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.