Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone once commented that the names of the main cast of Gossip Girl sound like law firms, and it still makes me chuckle:

Leighton Meester
Penn Badgeley
Blake Lively

Reactions: 10
I went to school with a girl who called her children Ryza (as in Riser…boy) and KoKo Bliss….I little innocent girl who must begin school sounding like an American stripper

Reactions: 9
Had an email conversation with a Sharlet today.
Also, husbands tricking their wives into thinking Lanesra is a good name.

Reactions: 5
I’ve never known a C/Sienna whose middle name wasn’t Rose. Such a boring choice. “Oh but it’s my grandma’s name!” Sure it is, Jan…
Rose, Grace and May. Rose, Grace and May. Rose Grace and May.

They’re the Anne, Jane and Louise of the last 20 years. Goes with anything but soooo boring.

Reactions: 9
Rose, Grace and May. Rose, Grace and May. Rose Grace and May.

They’re the Anne, Jane and Louise of the last 20 years. Goes with anything but soooo boring.
you're right - Rose, Grace and May/Mae have totally replaced Anne, Jane, Louise and Marie, which were the standard middle names whne I was a kid. so boring and unimaginative - you just know that their parents have thought "shit, we need a middle name!" and put absolutely no thought into it whatsoever.

Reactions: 5
Can’t imagine a kenzo with a serious job when he’s older. Kenzo the mortgage adviser or kenzo the doctor. lol
I’m sure there are loads in Japan. It’s a legit Japanese name that’s been appropriated by utter charvers.

Reactions: 1
Isla.

It looks horribly slimy written down, and said out loud it’s like an old woman moaning in the night looking for her dentures.
i hate the name isla but could never quite articulate why - you’ve just made it clear to me i’ve never understood why it’s one of the girls’ names of the moment, it’s so awkward sounding to me.

also, the name “evie” is so inoffensive, so nothing-y, so barely a word, yet it is somehow one of my most hated girl’s names of all time, i can’t bear it

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.