Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know a guy with the surname Cakebread. He really ought to have become a baker. "Cakebread's Cake & Bread" would be a winning bakery name.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
One of the Selling Sunset girls just got engaged to a guy and his name is Tom Fraud! Imagine being Mr and Mrs Fraud 😂 especially unfortunate as he sounds like a knock-off/parody of Tom Ford.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Forever thinking about the job applicant who (changed for privacy) was named along the lines of 'Connor O'Connor'. 😅
Just hope he's doing alright 😂

Reactions: 3
I guess he didn't get the job then poor sod, else you'd know 😆.
Unfortunately didn't have the right experience for the role from what I could tell 😞 Management didn't even notice the name apparently!

So if it'd been up to me, purely based who left a lasting impression, he'd have been in the running along with the guy who was still shouting about his B in Practical Cookery at school on his CV for a graduate Graphic Design job 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I went to school with twins called Gillian and Julian. Odd thing was nothing was ever mentioned about it.
i recently read an article where a family had three sets of twins:

Zoe and Zachary.
Oliver and Olivia.
Kinsey and Kinsley.

like, they just got worse as they went along! a boy and girl with variations of the exact same name, followed by twin girls whose names are so matchy they are essentially identical! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
People who give their twins similar names are a unique and intense kind of stupid.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I worked with someone who's surname was Chicken ( not a doctor). They said nobody ever forgot their name .
i once had GP whose surname was Sword. i remember he'd phone the hospital to put in a referral, and every time he'd be like "Dr Sword....yeah, sword... like a knife!" always made me smile. 🤣

equally, there was a doctor at the same GP practice who was genuinely called Dr Coffin. he didn't last long, as mostly patients refused to have appointments with him - to the point where if I were him, I would simply have changed my name! 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
i'm not even sure why I just remembered this, but i went to school with a girl named Shaunie Paulley. admittedly, she was named before Sean Paul became known as a rapper, but she grew up at a time he was famous, so it wasn't the most well-timed name! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This is a bit niche but there’s a name in my culture/religion “Dovber”. Dov means bear in Hebrew, and Ber means bear in Yiddish. So the name is literally Bearbear. Ridiculous.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
In addition to Mavis Davis, in previous jobs I have also encountered Annette Kurtan, William Harry Mee and Myfanwy Hitches amongst other gems. At least poor old Mavis wasn't born with that name, she married into it, the others were all purposely given the names!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I have had reason to correspond through my work with a Gaylord Baumgardtner.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.