Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know a Madeleine, which I think is quite a nice name. Unfortunately, her surname is McC… ( not McCann, but same length and has double letters in it). She is 6, so born well after the little girl who went missing in Portugal. Why would you do that to a child, when there are so many other lovely names out there that, when paired with your surname won’t make people think of the other Madeleine? Maybe it’s just me, but when I found out her surname, that is straight where my mind went/the first thing I thought of!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
i just stumbled across a family on IG who have seven kids: a girl named Kinsey, and boys named Gunner, Schofield, Audie, Swift, Uriah and Aquilla.

it's not just the names themselves - it's the randomness of their names grouped together as siblings. and don't get me wrong, i absolutely hate when siblings have matchy names, but they generally have a vaguely similar style. these just look like a jumbled mish-mash of seven arbitrary words - almost as though the parents simply grabbed a magazine, opened it randomly, shut their eyes, jabbed a pen onto the page and then used whatever word it landed on as a name for their baby. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 6
I just watched a Christmas gift guide video for a big family and the children have some of the stupidest names imaginable: Hutch and Beck ( both boys), then 3 girls called Priya, Daivy ( like Davy/Davey Jones) and Mory ( rhymes with Dory).

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I just watched a Christmas gift guide video for a big family and the children have some of the stupidest names imaginable: Hutch and Beck ( both boys), then 3 girls called Priya, Daivy ( like Davy/Davey Jones) and Mory ( rhymes with Dory).
Jordan Page?

Reactions: 1
wow, i just looked and their full names are:
Brandtsen Hutchings - known as Hutch.
Priya Jean.
Beck Avon.
Daivy Kaye
Mory June.
McEwan Fisher - known as Mac.
and then twins; Joss Jordan and Deveraux Clarke - known as Dev.

that's quite a collection! 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 3
wow, i just looked and their full names are:
Brandtsen Hutchings - known as Hutch.
Priya Jean.
Beck Avon.
Daivy Kaye
Mory June.
McEwan Fisher - known as Mac.
and then twins; Joss Jordan and Deveraux Clarke - known as Dev.

that's quite a collection! 🤣
Well, they didn’t improve their naming skills with the additional children! I don’t hate Priya Jean, and June is OK, but all the others are atrocious, the worst being the eldest and the youngest!
I may have mentioned this one before, but another YouTube mum has a little girl called Collins! It would be slightly more acceptable for a boy, if you remove the s at the end…

Priya is an Indian Hindu name, so it’s interesting to see that it’s crossing cultures. I find it a bit weird though, a bit like calling a white boy Dinesh 😄

Priya is an Indian Hindu name, so it’s interesting to see that it’s crossing cultures. I find it a bit weird though, a bit like calling a white boy Dinesh 😄
I don't think most look for the meanings anymore .
They see an unusal name that no1 else has and then call their kid it .
Some of the names of the kids around my way are shocking
Cloud being one of them and the kid has thick black hair and sallow skin .
I don't think Cloud suits any kid but if it was for a kid, it would more for a child that resembles a cloud 😂 like blonde/white hair and fair skinned

Reactions: 3
It seems to be getting more mainstream, I've heard of a couple of little girls called Priya and I don't think they seem to have any Hindu heritage, I think their parents liked the sound of the name.

Just seen a baby girl called Lucciblu

Parker and sailor

Last edited:
i find it interesting when a family starts off naming their kids standard, fairly common names, and then as they have more children, the names become more wild and bizarre. it's odd, because the style changes so dramatically, you wouldn't think they were siblings! it seems to happen quite often in larger families, like as an example, there's a family on IG with kids called Daniel, Corban, Niko, Pheonix, Sia-Graces and Rebel-Rose - so the names have become more unusual, along with a sprinkling of hyphens!

Reactions: 4
i find it interesting when a family starts off naming their kids standard, fairly common names, and then as they have more children, the names become more wild and bizarre. it's odd, because the style changes so dramatically, you wouldn't think they were siblings! it seems to happen quite often in larger families, like as an example, there's a family on IG with kids called Daniel, Corban, Niko, Pheonix, Sia-Graces and Rebel-Rose - so the names have become more unusual, along with a sprinkling of hyphens!
Graces?? As in not one Grace, two Graces? Thats awful

I may have mentioned this one before, but another YouTube mum has a little girl called Collins! It would be slightly more acceptable for a boy, if you remove the s at the end…
urgh, Collins for a girl reminds me of a family on IG who have a little girl named Rawlings. they also have other children, including boys named Wales, Tag and Bridge! 🤢

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.