Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Met a 4 year old called Heavenly the other day. Thatā€™s not a name!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I have to add Charlene (as in Princess of Monaco) to the list. And Darlene (who is not a Princess as far as I'm aware).

• Haha
Reactions: 7
We live next door to ā€œDaveā€ and ā€œSteveā€ šŸ˜‚
I have a stray cat who adopted us (basically moved himself in through the cat flap!) and we called him Kevin.

It caused great amusement at the vets when we took him in to get neutered; why? Guess what the vet was calledā€¦ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I do love the animals with people names! All 3 of mine do, but the only one that feels slightly odd to call in is 'Charles'.

Reactions: 5
A YouTube couple ( 2 ladies) have a baby boy called Harbor, if I recall correctly! Another lesbian couple ( who basically have the same name, bar one letter) have a baby boy called Ziggy. I think they are both ridiculous names! Another couple of married ladies have a Rupert, which I think is quite cute.
Rupert will always be a bear's name to me, sorry

Reactions: 5
On stupid/nonsensical spellings, when I was in Wales,doing my PGCE, I had a Sharn in my class! Supposed to be SiĆ¢n, I think, but the parents evidently couldnā€™t spell properly
I worked with someone called Sharn too! It might've been with an e (Sharne) but I can't remember.

I hate when people spell Phoebe 'Pheobe'

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I recently came across a Quaid.

Like this when you get it - took me a while :ROFLMAO:
Oh that reminds me we had a client in with her baby Quincey ...not sure if that's a girl or a boy but I hate it ,just bleeping horrid

I was meant to be Sian. Surprised people don't know how to spell or pronounce it

Oh that reminds me we had a client in with her baby Quincey ...not sure if that's a girl or a boy but I hate it ,just bleeping horrid

I was meant to be Sian. Surprised people don't know how to spell or pronounce it
I grew up in France but went to an International school. One of my classmates one year was called SiĆ¢n, she told me how to spell it and explained that is is the Welsh form of Jane. Siobhan and SinĆ©ad both puzzled me, as they were in a book, but when I was telling my Mum about a character called ā€˜See-oh-banā€™ or ā€™Sin-ee-addā€™, she explained the proper pronunciation to me. I also pronounced Hamish to rhyme with famish which I was told was wrong too!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
A mum on YouTube called her little girl Collins!? I hate surnames or plural nouns as first names, just sounds so ugly and stupid to me!

• Sad
Reactions: 6

I like the name Quincey. Remember the show about Dr Quincey who solved crimes & murders. I think he was a medical examiner. He was cool.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.